Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Favorite Anime fight scenes?

Wonder what everyone's top 3 anime fight scenes are, I have too many I like to put in order but here are a few.

I think this fight was amazing because Zuko had finally overcame Azula in firebender skill, and he uses the correct firebending technique as well. This was one of my all-time favorite avatar the last airbender fight scenes, and definitely good animation (especially from the time, and the studio wasn't even a japanese studio)

This was one of my favorite fight scenes from Akame ga kill, this fight was bittersweet. Tatsumi evolved his relic to an all-time high and defeats the Emperor, but only at the price of his own life. This was also one of the saddest scenes. (Sorry this isn't the full fight, I could only find amvs)

This was my favorite fight scene of all of tokyo ghoul, Kaneki finally broken free from his torture, end's jason and eats him. Gruesome but awesome!

badass animation, and well the rest is explanitory. This was one of the best fights in kill la kill, Kiryuin Satsuki vs Matoi Ryuko.
    Last edited by I Don't Love You; 12-07-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks
    Uhh

I ran out of anime fight scenes I enjoyed(or could even remember) so here is manga.

It has some annoying screen shaking, but none-the-less, it's a good one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Most of the fights from TLA are done beautifully. I especially enjoyed Toph/Azula fights.

Another great show would be Katanagatari. The fights were handled differently but they were really good.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    I liked this one a lot too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Love You View Post
    I liked this one a lot too.
    You make me laugh, a lot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

Hunter Jr. (12-09-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    This pretty much

New Member 0
    Newbie 25
    Novice 50
    Member 100
    Advanced Member 150
    Dual-Keyboard Member 250
    Expert Member 500
    Bobo's Trainer 750
    MPGH Expert 1000
    Synthetic Hacker 1250
    Blackhat Hacker 1500
    Whitehat Hacker 2000
    Bobo's Guardian 2500
    Upcoming MPGHiean 3000
    MPGH Addict 3500
    MPGHiean 4000
    MPGH Knight 4500
    MPGH Lord 5000
    MPGH Champion 5500
    MPGH King 6000
    MPGH Legend 6500
    MPGH God 7000
    MPGH God II 7500
    MPGH God III 8000
    MPGH God IV 8500
    MPGH God V 9000
    MPGH Overdose 9500
    MPGH Addict 10000
    MPGH Keyboard Bully 11000
    MPGH Enemy #1 12000

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    You make me laugh, a lot.
    >mfw AkG as "top battle scene"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

>mfw AkG as "top battle scene"
    mfw I see people complain about others anime choices

Last edited by I Don't Love You; 12-10-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Love You View Post
    anime choices
    I get you're new to it and all, but still, just why did you like it exactly? Can you give me details on why you think it was good. I mean just the plot setup was awful and the way it was executed could've been done so much better.

I mean the fight scene you showed he literally just transforms for 30 seconds then flies straight into the enemy and starts bleeding. He then tries to push it up, the 200 ft tall, while he's in mid-air, and his arms burst out bleeding. What??? His helmet breaks from his arms pushing into the emperor as well. Helmet = Arms?

It's just too edgy to be considered good, that's why nobody likes it.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 12-10-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

I get you're new to it and all, but still, just why did you like it exactly? Can you give me details on why you think it was good. I mean just the plot setup was awful and the way it was executed could've been done so much better.

I mean the fight scene you showed he literally just transforms for 30 seconds then flies straight into the enemy and starts bleeding. He then tries to push it up, the 200 ft tall, while he's in mid-air, and his arms burst out bleeding. What??? His helmet breaks from his arms pushing into the emperor as well. Helmet = Arms?

It's just too edgy to be considered good, that's why nobody likes it.
    There is no point in arguing with him on this shit. He thinks TG √ A is canon as well. He asked what he missed out via not reading the actual story, and then ignored the PM.

Probably has me blocked. I'm guessing he's still in Highschool and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. In all honesty, this seems to be the majority of casual/retarded anime fans.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-10-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    There is no point in arguing with him on this shit. He thinks TG √ A is canon as well. He asked what he missed out via not reading the actual story, and then ignored the PM.

Probably has me blocked. I'm guessing he's still in Highschool and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. In all honesty, this seems to be the majority of casual/retarded anime fans.
    It's not so much that TG:RA isn't canon that's the issue, it's that you couldn't possibly understand it unless you read the manga.

Seriously, that season is just ridiculously weird.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

It's not so much that TG:RA isn't canon that's the issue, it's that you couldn't possibly understand it unless you read the manga.

Seriously, that season is just ridiculously weird.
    Well, it's a mixture. Obviously it's not canon no matter how you look at it, but even without reading the manga, it's not that it was hard to understand. They literally changed everything around and made it 10x worse. To a manga reader, its the worst thing to happen to a series, as with most.

IDK man. I really hope Season three is just a reboot of season one, or at the very least a correct season two. Just imagine the Ayato and Amon fight properly done, and Arima. There are a ton of scenes that just deserved so much yet they weren't done. It's a shame.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well, it's a mixture. Obviously it's not canon no matter how you look at it, but even without reading the manga, it's not that it was hard to understand. They literally changed everything around and made it 10x worse. To a manga reader, its the worst thing to happen to a series, as with most.

IDK man. I really hope Season three is just a reboot of season one, or at the very least a correct season two. Just imagine the Ayato and Amon fight properly done, and Arima. There are a ton of scenes that just deserved so much yet they weren't done. It's a shame.
    [On Root A]
    It's more the fact that they introduce characters and events towards the ending that have zero meaning outside of the manga's explanation. In fact I've talked to so many people that don't realize Arima killed Kaneki in the anime. Heck, most of them don't even know who Arima is because in the anime he's given zero explanation and no real presence.(well, he's not really present in the manga all that much either).

[On Season 3 or TG anime in general]

The problem with TG being an anime is pretty much going to come down to two factors.
    1. Art. It's really hard to get close to the art in the manga because the manga uses such "heavy strokes". You'll note that very few scenes which use this technique are actually animated well. For instance "Gon's transformation" was done well, but they surely wouldn't have the budget for that every fight

2. Tokyo Ghoul suffers from the problem of not enough story/explanation in the anime. Either you spend time to make these character fights worthwhile or you throw them in there like cannon fodder. In the manga it's ok because it's 1-2 chapters at most, but in the anime that's 1/2 an episode and either way TG doesn't have the manuscript for writing deep characters for that, heck 1/2 the fights in TG's manga are already relatively pointless to the plot and exist for nothing more than a cheap thrill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast