Thread: Tracking anime

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202

    Tracking anime

    I've noticed a few ways of tracking anime, but I think the best method that I've discovered is Taiga.

    Taiga is a light-weight download that tracks anime you have downloaded and/or watched from MAL or Hummingbird. You need to have an account on one of those two websites to use it.

    Obviously you're thinking "well why not just use MAL or Hummingbird" and honestly, I would. I've never used Hummingbird, but speaking for MAL, I just don't want to be involved in that community. The discussion is shit, and the people are retarded.


    So far, no issues with it. It keeps a nice track of everything and I've enjoyed using it. It also includes a nice seasonal chart for each season, but I haven't tested it yet, only trying to update my MAL so this can update as well.

    Link if you're lazy: http://taiga.erengy.com/
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-08-2015 at 12:08 AM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

    Law (12-08-2015)

  3. #2
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,435
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,520
    My Mood
    Amused
    Had not heard of this, looks promising. Thanks.

  4. #3
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Law View Post
    Had not heard of this, looks promising. Thanks.
    No problem. Here is a quick interface overview from my side.

    It grabs everything from MAL, so you have to update it there for it to update onto Taiga(that's how I've done it so far). I'm still updating my MAL, otherwise I'd have it figured out by now.



    Just noticed my Plan to watch on MAL is only 4. Oh how I wish my backlog was actually that small ;-;

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Takatsuki For This Useful Post:

    Law (12-08-2015)

  6. #4
    Dareka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    325
    Reputation
    62
    Thanks
    29
    tracking anime doesn't mean shit. It's just for bragging rights like "wow, this guy has watched more anime than me; I should kill myself." It doesn't go towards anything and pretty pointless if you look at it, because if you give an anime a rating, there will always be someone to disagree with you and your opinion becomes nothing. If you liked a certain series, well good for you, no one gives a shit.

    tl;dr unless you got some fucking alzheimer's and/or you don't have a clue wtf you're doing/u r from mal, then you don't need it.

    not hating on u or anything, but the concept of "tracking what you watched" is dumb

  7. #5
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareka View Post
    tracking anime doesn't mean shit. It's just for bragging rights like "wow, this guy has watched more anime than me; I should kill myself." It doesn't go towards anything and pretty pointless if you look at it, because if you give an anime a rating, there will always be someone to disagree with you and your opinion becomes nothing. If you liked a certain series, well good for you, no one gives a shit.

    tl;dr unless you got some fucking alzheimer's and/or you don't have a clue wtf you're doing/u r from mal, then you don't need it.

    not hating on u or anything, but the concept of "tracking what you watched" is dumb
    Someone gave a semi-similar disagreement on another forum, but honestly I never even stated it was for bragging. I just stated I wan't nothing to do with MAL and their community because it's shit.

    This is just personal records/logs. "Huh, did I watch that new OVA? I don't remember. Let's look at my list." Obviously this isn't the case for things that came out recently, but I can't remember half the shit I watched pre-2012. My memory isn't amazing, and personally, attempting to memorize 400+(I'm still updating) shows is out of my league and nor do I want to.

  8. #6
    Arrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Deadman wonderland
    Posts
    1,994
    Reputation
    503
    Thanks
    531
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    I've noticed a few ways of tracking anime, but I think the best method that I've discovered is Taiga.

    Taiga is a light-weight download that tracks anime you have downloaded and/or watched from MAL or Hummingbird. You need to have an account on one of those two websites to use it.

    Obviously you're thinking "well why not just use MAL or Hummingbird" and honestly, I would. I've never used Hummingbird, but speaking for MAL, I just don't want to be involved in that community. The discussion is shit, and the people are retarded.


    So far, no issues with it. It keeps a nice track of everything and I've enjoyed using it. It also includes a nice seasonal chart for each season, but I haven't tested it yet, only trying to update my MAL so this can update as well.

    Link if you're lazy: http://taiga.erengy.com/
    I will definitely take a look at this,
    Thank you very much for sharing it

  9. #7
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,412
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,657
    I used to count my anime watched ect but i lost my list and now i don't care anymore it doesn't really matter tho I only watch for enjoyment not bragging rights :/

  10. #8
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by gaarlution View Post
    I used to count my anime watched ect but i lost my list and now i don't care anymore it doesn't really matter tho I only watch for enjoyment not bragging rights :/
    No one is trying to brag lmao. The only time I would use a list of something you've watched against you is,

    -You say something is really good but you've only seen mainstream shows that shine among people with little to nothing watched (AkG, AoT, SAO, etc)

    -You attempt to mention something about studios and how they provide QUALITY work, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.


    I could care less about how many shows you've watched if all we're doing is discussing something. Just don't try and tell me that Akame Ga Kill was a solid series or SAO had nothing wrong with it when all you've seen is that and a few other mainstream shows. If you want to say they're good, that's your problem and it can be fixed.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-09-2015 at 03:29 PM.

  11. #9
    Hunter Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cyrodiil
    Posts
    1,679
    Reputation
    335
    Thanks
    420
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Just don't try and tell me that Akame Ga Kill
    if i had one trigger phrase that show would be it

    ot: thanks, will check out

  12. #10
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Jr. View Post

    if i had one trigger phrase that show would be it

    ot: thanks, will check out
    I just keep seeing it more frequently on posts here and other forums. I have no idea what makes people think this show is good other than a lack of shows watched.


    OT: I'm enjoying it a lot so far. More pictures (I have a new account because fuck if I was going to go through my old MAL and change everything.(Plus I wanted a new name))

    http://imgur.com/a/b0PNM


    Other things that I've noticed is that if you score say, .hack X/10, then update it on Taiga, it will update it for you on MAL. It's a neat feature so I don't have to visit the website anymore.


    I still haven't messed with the manga feature yet.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 12-09-2015 at 05:19 PM.

  13. #11
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,412
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    No one is trying to brag lmao. The only time I would use a list of something you've watched against you is,

    -You say something is really good but you've only seen mainstream shows that shine among people with little to nothing watched (AkG, AoT, SAO, etc)

    -You attempt to mention something about studios and how they provide QUALITY work, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.


    I could care less about how many shows you've watched if all we're doing is discussing something. Just don't try and tell me that Akame Ga Kill was a solid series or SAO had nothing wrong with it when all you've seen is that and a few other mainstream shows. If you want to say they're good, that's your problem and it can be fixed.
    honestly i couldn't agree more

  14. #12
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by gaarlution View Post


    honestly i couldn't agree more
    You just indirectly disagreed earlier...

  15. #13
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,435
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,520
    My Mood
    Amused
    I like knowing what I have watched to see if maybe I missed a second season or OVA episodes. Also knowing what shows I watched can help me find similar ones.

  16. #14
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,412
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    You just indirectly disagreed earlier...
    I have nothing against counting your anime watched I understand it's useful for referring to it. I just don't use one but, I understand people who do.

Similar Threads

  1. Top 3 Anime Songs
    By arunforce in forum Anime
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 01:59 AM
  2. Basic Animation
    By Chronologix in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 09:05 AM
  3. Screwed Up anime
    By Chronologix in forum Anime
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 10:17 AM
  4. Newest Anime youve seen.
    By NukeAssault in forum Anime
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
  5. GunGrave Animated
    By Chronologix in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 04:32 AM