Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,198
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182

    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

    Holy shit, what's this?

    -Original anime written by Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass creator)

    Okay, good start.

    -Directed by Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin) at WIT Studio.

    Wow, that's not that bad. I could see something good here.

    -Hiroyuki Sawano (Kill la Kill, Guilty Crown) is in charge for music.

    Now I'm practically SOLD. What could possibly go wrong?



    Andddd dropped before its even out. I mean really, zombie titans?

  2. #2
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    >Ichiro Okouchi creator also wrote for Guilty Crown and created those shitty CG sequel movies that nobody likes just to cash in on name recognition.
    >T.Araki is alright, but I think people forget that Death Note wasn't great(relied heavily on the manga), and he did GC.
    >Sawano is always good, but I feel he'll be used for the opening/ending primarily.


    Looking at the preview it looks basically identical to Attack on Titan in presentation.
    0:17 in particular is very similar to AoT's presentation.



    From the looks of it: It's a zombie outbreak that happens in pseudo-feudal Japan.(steampunk Japan).


    Meh. I'm really hoping this isn't as much of an obvious cashgrab as it seems to be.
    (Code Geass creator known for similar series a~la Guilty Crown, same staff from attack on Titan doing a very similarly themed project)





    Will watch, just not exactly going to be hyped based on credentials. Urobutchi you bastard.


  3. #3
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,198
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    >Ichiro Okouchi creator also wrote for Guilty Crown and created those shitty CG sequel movies that nobody likes just to cash in on name recognition.
    >T.Araki is alright, but I think people forget that Death Note wasn't great(relied heavily on the manga), and he did GC.
    >Sawano is always good, but I feel he'll be used for the opening/ending primarily.


    Looking at the preview it looks basically identical to Attack on Titan in presentation.
    0:17 in particular is very similar to AoT's presentation.



    From the looks of it: It's a zombie outbreak that happens in pseudo-feudal Japan.(steampunk Japan).


    Meh. I'm really hoping this isn't as much of an obvious cashgrab as it seems to be.
    (Code Geass creator known for similar series a~la Guilty Crown, same staff from attack on Titan doing a very similarly themed project)





    Will watch, just not exactly going to be hyped based on credentials. Urobutchi you bastard.
    Ichiro was only an assistant for GC. I don't think he played that big of a role, but that's just an assumption.


    Even looking further into the PV, you can really see the SnK resemblance.

    0:06
    -Instead of two swords, let's give them a single sword and a gun. Also connected on the back like the 3D maneuver gear.

    Instead of walls they move via trains I suppose?

    0:16
    -Against all odds, our main character finds a way!

    0:27
    -There are possible humans that have the same sort of fighting power as them

    0:35-0:38
    -I think this is the same VA as Eren even. They're not even trying to

  4. #4
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Ichiro was only an assistant for GC. I don't think he played that big of a role, but that's just an assumption.


    Even looking further into the PV, you can really see the SnK resemblance.

    0:06
    -Instead of two swords, let's give them a single sword and a gun. Also connected on the back like the 3D maneuver gear.

    Instead of walls they move via trains I suppose?

    0:16
    -Against all odds, our main character finds a way!

    0:27
    -There are possible humans that have the same sort of fighting power as them

    0:35-0:38
    -I think this is the same VA as Eren even. They're not even trying to

    Yeah at first I thought they WERE titans, just zombified.
    (then they showed scale).

    And yes, same VA as Eren.


  5. #5
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,198
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post



    Yeah at first I thought they WERE titans, just zombified.
    (then they showed scale).

    And yes, same VA as Eren.
    Jesus, they're not even trying. Such a disappointment, given this staff.

  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickz123 View Post
    Jesus, they're not even trying. Such a disappointment, given this staff.
    Eh. I see it as a (late) cash grab.