Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

[Review] Ghost in the Shell- First Assualt (game)

Ok so the new game based off of the anime (Stand Alone Complex) made it to steam and I purchased it for 5 dollars to get into early access.

Genre: Fps
    Multiplayer only
    Modes: Demolition, TDM, conquest.

Pre-thoughts: For some reason this is done after the SAC anime and not ARISE, which is the latest anime. SAC isn't bad, but ARISE is clearly better in both production value and story content. Not only that, nobody is going to purchase sales from SAC after playing this game since SAC is so old, they might with arise. All the "characters" that exist in SAC exist in ARISE.

Initial playthrough: Ok well some classes(characters) are better than others, some I'd hesitate to use at all.(ichikawa for instance). Guns play like everything other fps, a bit worse hit detection than some established franchises like CS:GO or AAA titles though, definitely something up there.
    >3 maps is not enough. It's not even hard to make maps, I'm so puzzled why there is so little.

Finale thoughts: Yeah don't buy this game.
    >Snipers are broken. Like there is a consistent 50% miss rate with the sniper rifle. Consistent. miss. rate.(never played an fps that couldn't get the hit detection down. I mean even in 2009, Combat Arms had that down in the beta).
    >Of course open to hacking, pretty hard to tell with the poor hit detection and skill use. You could EASILY put wallhacks/aimbot and nobody would notice with a bit of discretion.
    >Upgrades and purchasing isn't too overpriced, but power-creep with additional weapons is a VERY real possibility coming from the nexon publishing.

This game is basically a worse version of combat arms with abilities and very little to do with GiTS.

I understand the cash-grab, I'm not exactly opposed to having a GiTS skinned shooter.....but this shooter is just fundamentally broken, flawed, and imbalanced at the moment.

With this being the closed beta 2. I'm surprised the most fundamental feature of any fps (hit registration) is still broken. This should be a priority fix and quite honestly I'm scared that they think this game is worth charging for with such a big problem present.

Thanks
    Welp, hacks for this game will be up and running in no time.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth

Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

"Everyone dies but only a few truly live"
    -Me

Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    I was in the closed alpha and yeah, when games are based off Anime they are generally not good. This is especially true for a company like Nexon who are just shit at making games in general. I didn't expect much going in so I wasn't affected by it.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Thanks