Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    I think you disliking Naruto is just simply a matter of opinion. You gave Fate/stay night an 8 and personally I think the plot is original but the characters are poor.
    The characters are poor but you think Naruto being born with the highest amount of potential in the entire series isn't...Okay.

    IDK. You seem to like Naruto a bit much to think anything else is better than it..

    but there are 100s of other series that can and has out done Naruto in that genre and people fail to see them as better because of deluded reasons.

    F/SN characters are average. They come from the highest regimen of their time(King Arthur and the likes) so they're automatically going to be put in a scenario of being strong. The thing with F/SN that gave it an 8 is just overall quality.

    -Soundtrack
    -Art
    -Animation
    -Story Line

    Would I say character development led me to put that in a 7-8 rating rather than a 9? Yes, and that's why I have it as 8.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 01-15-2016 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #17
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post




    OT: Naruto is the definition of OP. If his OP-ness doesn't work, he kicks in the talk-no-jutsu.
    Hi Daddy!! Bobo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    The characters are poor but you think Naruto being born with the highest amount of potential in the entire series isn't...Okay.

    IDK. You seem to like Naruto a bit much to think anything else is better than it..




    F/SN characters are average. They come from the highest regimen of their time(King Arthur and the likes) so they're automatically going to be put in a scenario of being strong. The thing with F/SN that gave it an 8 is just overall quality.

    -Soundtrack
    -Art
    -Animation
    -Story Line

    Would I say character development led me to put that in a 7-8 rating rather than a 9? Yes, and that's why I have it as 8.
    Wrong wrong wrong. In reference to characters I mean everyone in the plot of the anime not just the main character. I have agreed that Naruto is a generic main character, however there are other aspects of the anime that make it enjoyable. For example the way it's written. The way it was written is well thought of not just the story (even though the story is somewhat flawed) but, I mean everything within the anime. Such as the clans the justsu's the visual prowess's, the unique villains, the Shinobi world. I just think all that is well written and well thought of. What triggers me is you claim you hate Naruto due to the fact that he has so much power yet Saber is exactly the same!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by +Swaggy View Post
    Love Naruto with a passion but tbh Boruto will never reach Narutos level without the help of an asspull
    They should've given him Byakugan but they didn't.
    Himawari for Hokage
    The writer said "he forgot". Of course Boruto as a franchise won't surpass Naruto. It's just like having a dragon balls series focused on Gohan. Wouldn't work. However, I feel like the writers are going to do something different for once. That's why I have Faith in it. I don't think Boruto should recieve bykaugan, it would make his sister less interesting. I just hope they give him Tenseigan or rinnegan something unpredictable.


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  3. #18
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong. In reference to characters I mean everyone in the plot of the anime not just the main character. I have agreed that Naruto is a generic main character, however there are other aspects of the anime that make it enjoyable. For example the way it's written. The way it was written is well thought of not just the story (even though the story is somewhat flawed) but, I mean everything within the anime. Such as the clans the justsu's the visual prowess's, the unique villains, the Shinobi world. I just think all that is well written and well thought of. What triggers me is you claim you hate Naruto due to the fact that he has so much power yet Saber is exactly the same!
    Saber has power but she still struggles against people weaker than her. They're all on a fairly equal level regardless. There is no insane "at the last minute, I forgot to mention that I was the sages son! Power up!!!." Her existence as someone strong was already made clear.

    -I enjoy the Jutsu's, though the concept of learning them and unique ones were useless later on. By then, every person knew them and they weren't as flashy (Hand techniques)

    -The clans is nothing new

    -Visual Prowess is just rewritten from other series

    -Unique villains? Where? You mean the "I was in control all along!" type of deal? Seen it.

    -Shinobi world? Again, I'm sure I could find series that have ninjas and villages if I looked long enough.

  4. #19
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Saber has power but she still struggles against people weaker than her. They're all on a fairly equal level regardless. There is no insane "at the last minute, I forgot to mention that I was the sages son! Power up!!!." Her existence as someone strong was already made clear.
    Now you're making it sound like Naruto just goes one hit killing everyone (that's only in the movies). He struggles a lot too. For example he nearly die during his battle with Nagato. Didn't defeat Madara on his own. Couldn't defeat Momoshiki without the help of Sauske. I dont get what you are saying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    -Shinobi world? Again, I'm sure I could find series that have ninjas and villages if I looked long enough.
    Um yeah but you haven't found any with bad ass visual prowess and cool ass characters.

    If I may ask where are the eyes in Naruto "borrowed" from. Considering this started in 1997. Or 1996.


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  5. #20
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Now you're making it sound like Naruto just goes one hit killing everyone (that's only in the movies). He struggles a lot too. For example he nearly die during his battle with Nagato. Didn't defeat Madara on his own. Couldn't defeat Momoshiki without the help of Sauske. I dont get what you are saying.
    That's not at all what I said. Remember when he had the nine-tails extracted from him? He only lived because he had the sage chakra too, it just wasn't "unlocked" yet. Asspulls like that happened every step of the way.

    F/SN's version of an asspull is more or less their weakness because it gives away their identity.




    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Um yeah but you haven't found any with bad ass visual prowess and cool ass characters.

    If I may ask where are the eyes in Naruto "borrowed" from. Considering this started in 1997. Or 1996.
    I said probably could, not would. Naruto came out fairly early, so it's possible that the idea is original, I just find it highly unlikely.

  6. #21
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    I said probably could, not would. Naruto came out fairly early, so it's possible that the idea is original, I just find it highly unlikely.
    Thank you for your display of lack of knowledge. What's the point of arguing if you are just doing it based from your own assumptions. None of what you said is factual or valid, it's shown by your amazing skill to contradict yourself and pulling information from your brain which doesn't exist. You just don't like Naruto period and I accept that. That's cool.

    Source of assumption:
    it's possible the idea is original,I just find it highly unlikely
    .


    Oh and ps: every main character under the "shounen" category has a "hidden power" they must unlock.
    /End argument. //closed thread


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  7. #22
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Thank you for your display of lack of knowledge. What's the point of arguing if you are just doing it based from your own assumptions. None of what you said is factual or valid, it's shown by your amazing skill to contradict yourself and pulling information from your brain which doesn't exist. You just don't like Naruto period and I accept that. That's cool.
    EVERYTHING in anime is taken from another and then made into something similar. By that highly well known fact, you can safely assume that Naruto didn't have the eye prowess idea first, BUT given the time it was released I could be wrong. You have no idea how to comprehend reading.


    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Oh and ps: every main character under the "shounen" category has a "hidden power" they must unlock.
    Not in the same concept of Naruto. When Naruto is about to die, he got his final little power up. That happens literally every step of the way. About to lose the fight? Nine tails. About to die? Nine tails. About to die, again? Sage power. It's asspull after asspull after asspull after asspull. Watch more anime.


    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    /End argument. //closed thread
    "I don't want to debate I enjoy a shitty anime because I ran out of arguments."

    Been through this plenty of times. You enjoy what you want, just don't spread that autism here. People on MAL and Reddit enjoy Naruto, go there.

  8. #23
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    "I don't want to debate I enjoy a shitty anime because I ran out of arguments."

    Been through this plenty of times. You enjoy what you want, just don't spread that autism here. People on MAL and Reddit enjoy Naruto, go there.
    //thread opened.

    Do you like Dragon Ball Z?


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  9. #24
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    //thread opened.

    Do you like Dragon Ball Z?
    No.

    ////.

  10. #25
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    I think the kid has got potential.
    As a character? No.

    Naruto was already incredibly shallow, but boruto is already a copy-pasted version of naruto.


    In power levels, again, no.


    The difference is that Boruto can't inherit the 9-tails and that's 100% of what made naruto powerful.


    Hinata was and will always be weak, the byakugan is pointless in a series involving no strategy, and the Uzumaki clan's genes only apply to women.


  11. #26
    I Don't Love You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    296
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    371
    I haven't seen the movie just because I have moved away from watching shitty anime such a naruto. The anime in itself is quite bad. There are a select few scenes in the show that were decent or above average, a lot of it was just reused, rewashed scenes or story that is easily 100% predictable. Not to mention the show is one of the highest holding shows for most fillers of any single anime the fact alone that the show is 40%+ fillers makes it stupidly dumb to watch. The characters have the "I cannot fail, I will succeed" type persona coming along during every fight. Not to mention that most of the scenes where naruto fights are usually just the same old same old. (Engages in fight, starts getting angry, begins to find some inner strength inside himself to win the fight [and 90% of the time the inner fight is the strongest tailed beast, that he freely uses]). Not only does everything I've already said make naruto a poor watch, but the fact that there are only about 3-5 characters max that anyone with a brain can find interesting, makes the show very blan. Kakashi/Itachi/Sasori/Danzo/Orochimaru are the only characters I found interesting through the entire thing, then once you see the Uchiha scene about Itachi it pretty much renders him as a stupid character considering how many other ways he could have went about that. Then once you see the Kakashi/Rin/Obito thing it kinda ruins all the shade behind that and makes kakashi/obito look dumb. Might Guy/Sasori/Danzo were legitly cool in my opinion, and I found Might Guy pretty badass most of the time and he was pretty funny in a few scenes, and the whole drunken fighting wasn't too bad and enjoyed those scenes a lot. Most of the other characters are the basic shallow/predictable characters that are not fun to watch. Oh and I've forgot to mention the whole Uchiha/Senju clan fighting/background is so pathetically made. There is about a million other ways they could have went about Hashirama/Madara being hokage and those two having to fight, as well as the whole itachi thing is just plain fucking stupid.
    Last edited by I Don't Love You; 01-15-2016 at 10:41 PM.

  12. #27
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Love You View Post
    I haven't seen the movie just because I have moved away from watching shitty anime such a naruto. The anime in itself is quite bad. There are a select few scenes in the show that were decent or above average, a lot of it was just reused, rewashed scenes or story that is easily 100% predictable. Not to mention the show is one of the highest holding shows for most fillers of any single anime the fact alone that the show is 40%+ fillers makes it stupidly dumb to watch. The characters have the "I cannot fail, I will succeed" type persona coming along during every fight. Not to mention that most of the scenes where naruto fights are usually just the same old same old. (Engages in fight, starts getting angry, begins to find some inner strength inside himself to win the fight [and 90% of the time the inner fight is the strongest tailed beast, that he freely uses]). Not only does everything I've already said make naruto a poor watch, but the fact that there are only about 3-5 characters max that anyone with a brain can find interesting, makes the show very blan. Kakashi/Itachi/Sasori/Danzo/Orochimaru are the only characters I found interesting through the entire thing, then once you see the Uchiha scene about Itachi it pretty much renders him as a stupid character considering how many other ways he could have went about that. Then once you see the Kakashi/Rin/Obito thing it kinda ruins all the shade behind that and makes kakashi/obito look dumb. Might Guy/Sasori/Danzo were legitly cool in my opinion, and I found Might Guy pretty badass most of the time and he was pretty funny in a few scenes, and the whole drunken fighting wasn't too bad and enjoyed those scenes a lot. Most of the other characters are the basic shallow/predictable characters that are not fun to watch. Oh and I've forgot to mention the whole Uchiha/Senju clan fighting/background is so pathetically made. There is about a million other ways they could have went about Hashirama/Madara being hokage and those two having to fight, as well as the whole itachi thing is just plain fucking stupid.
    As I said before most shounen animes have similar character types. The problem with you guys is you say Naruto is bad, I ask for just one anime that you think is better than Natuto and nobody says a thing. The type of fight scenes you talk about aren't in the most recent arc of Naruto in terms of "powering up" I'm saying most recently he has relied on the help of others instead of himself ,completely overpowered like Goku or Natsu dragneel just kill all the bad guys and the new equilibrium starts again. With Itachi he was apart of the Hidden's leaf most valuable ninja. The whole massacre of the uchiha clan was fuelled by Danzo as he coverted the power of the uchiha thus, he manipulated the situation 1. By taking action himself 2. By influencing the third hokage that the uchiha is a treat. There was another attempted approach to stop the coup of the uchiha. Shisui uchiha tried to use his mangekyo sharingan on the entire clan but got stopped by Danzo and he had come to an agreement with itachi that if he failed on "his side" itachi should continue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    As a character? No.

    Naruto was already incredibly shallow, but boruto is already a copy-pasted version of naruto.


    In power levels, again, no.


    The difference is that Boruto can't inherit the 9-tails and that's 100% of what made naruto powerful.


    Hinata was and will always be weak, the byakugan is pointless in a series involving no strategy, and the Uzumaki clan's genes only apply to women.

    Uzumaki genes only apply to women?!!! Cough Naruto Cough cough Nagato.

    Strategy? Cough cough ninja war.


    Power levels? If he gets Tenseigan (from byakugan) Jinchuriki's power levels would be irrelevant as he can just extract their chakura in seconds.

    Hinata herself is useless but, here genes are powerful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    No.

    ////.
    Figures. We just have a different taste. Go watch your slice of life anime :d
    Last edited by Sylar; 01-16-2016 at 02:51 AM.


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

  13. #28
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,199
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    Figures. We just have a different taste. Go watch your slice of life anime :d
    5 episodes of charging a single attack isn't my go-to anime.

    I enjoy shonen, but I enjoy good shonen.

  14. #29
    I Don't Love You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    296
    Reputation
    98
    Thanks
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by theanonymoussniffer View Post
    As I said before most shounen animes have similar character types. The problem with you guys is you say Naruto is bad, I ask for just one anime that you think is better than Natuto and nobody says a thing. The type of fight scenes you talk about aren't in the most recent arc of Naruto in terms of "powering up" I'm saying most recently he has relied on the help of others instead of himself ,completely overpowered like Goku or Natsu dragneel just kill all the bad guys and the new equilibrium starts again. With Itachi he was apart of the Hidden's leaf most valuable ninja. The whole massacre of the uchiha clan was fuelled by Danzo as he coverted the power of the uchiha thus, he manipulated the situation 1. By taking action himself 2. By influencing the third hokage that the uchiha is a treat. There was another attempted approach to stop the coup of the uchiha. Shisui uchiha tried to use his mangekyo sharingan on the entire clan but got stopped by Danzo and he had come to an agreement with itachi that if he failed on "his side" itachi should continue.
    Okay for one, I am well aware of what happened throughout naruto, you don't have to explain anything to me, chances are I know more about naruto than you. Secondly, "Name an anime better than naruto" let's fucking see there are about a million different anime that are better than naruto.

    Let's see here, shows that are better than Naruto:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/J...na_Bouken_(TV)
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/22319/Tokyo_Ghoul
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/22535/K...i_no_Kakuritsu
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/28223/Death_Parade
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fu...t:_Brotherhood
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins;Gate
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/9969/Gintama
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2904/Co..._no_Lelouch_R2
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2001/Te..._Gurren_Lagann


    This was just a small list, please go ahead and fire back so I can roast you and tell you how bad naruto is in comparison to any of these.








    Last edited by I Don't Love You; 01-16-2016 at 11:12 AM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to I Don't Love You For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Sylar (01-16-2016)

  16. #30
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gaar's Palace
    Posts
    733
    Reputation
    89
    Thanks
    104
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    5 episodes of charging a single attack isn't my go-to anime.

    I enjoy shonen, but I enjoy good shonen.
    I see you gave Hellsing an 8/10.

    Uh yeah.... Didn't you say you didn't like OP characters?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hellsing.

    Main character is immortal.
    Predictable new equilibrium.
    Shit storyline.
    Not much character development.
    Main character doesn't die.

    >Hates on Naruto for gradually getting power.
    >Says ideas are stolen has no proof.
    >Says some aspects of Naruto are good.
    >Goes on Internet to fight with Naruto fanbase
    >Rates Naruto a 2/10

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hellsing.

    Main character is immortal.
    Predictable new equilibrium.
    Shit storyline.
    Not much character development.
    Main character doesn't die.

    >Hates on Naruto for gradually getting power.
    >Says ideas are stolen has no proof.
    >Says some aspects of Naruto are good.
    >Goes on Internet to fight with Naruto fanbase
    >Rates Naruto a 2/10


    Donator/Premium since May 2015
    Member of MPGH since March 2015

    100 Posts [Done]
    300 Posts [Done]
    600 Posts [Done]
    1K. Posts [x]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential
    By CyberGenius in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:55 AM
  2. Downloaded Skillz (potential fix)
    By shadow2ko in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 04:01 AM
  3. Nexon's Potential Engine.exe Modification
    By Ltlouis in forum Combat Arms Mod Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM
  4. [TUT]Potential fix for hack crashes after 1 or 2 games.
    By unkowen133 in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:34 AM
  5. Im 18, do i have potential??
    By EndRiT in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 08:21 AM