Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Manga recommendations

I would love to start reading manga. I've watched anime and well it's starting to be like shit voice-acting trash art trash. etc

I want to read a manga that isn't out now as an anime show. If it's coming out soon well idc I'll read it if you recommend but one that hasn't had an episode yet.

Stuff I like

-Action
    -Comedy
    -Romance
    -Psychological
    -Harem
    -Ecchi
    -Hentai
    -jk I only like watching it not reading-

and basically anything else you recommend. (no yaoi or yuri pls)

fyi if you do recommend something with romance and harem. Please try to give me one with no annoying bitch who gets in the way with the romance. (thanks) :_)
    Last edited by Reckonz; 03-06-2016 at 06:04 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reckonz For This Useful Post:

Hiroyuki (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckonz View Post
    I want to read a manga that isn't out now as an anime show.
    I'm just gonna flat out ignore this because 99% of my manga read was because of anime. From my perspective, it having an anime doesn't really mean anything. Most anime will skip material or just flat out change it because of time restraints or episode restrictions. You shouldn't let anime bind what you read.

With that said, I should also note that I'm not a huge manga reader. I will occasionally binge read something but I find it easier to take chapters slowly so I understand it more. Once again, with that said, my list may or may not be biased/objectively bad towards others;

Berserk

Berserk has a lot of things to enjoy, but the one I hear mentioned most often is it's art. The mangaka, Kentaro Miura, has really stood out both to me and many others for that reason. He uses heavy strokes to emphasize certain scenes and he really goes into detail. On top of that, the story is gruesome and action packed as hell. It's rather long, so I recommend reading it a few chapters a day/week to fully understand the story.

JoJos Bizarre Adventure

Well, aside from the anime grabbing me into reading this for more content, the story alone is really spectacular. Parts four and seven are outstanding. Part five, if you do happen to read this, is a translated mess and is objectively the worst part. As for the actual series and why I suggest it: It's the enormous world for me. There are a lot of characters introduced in every part and they all matter to the story. Most people hate lengthy series with a ton of characters, but it's rather easy to follow.

Tokyo Ghoul

I'm going to start and say that this is a completely bias explanation because I love reading tragedy and series with fucked up main characters. Obviously there is more to it, but I figured I'd go out and start with that. Other reasons is just the entire set-up that Ishida Sui makes. There is content from the first series that translates into the second in a very subtle but major way.[I can't way without spoiling, obviously]. I would recommend looking through some archives if you do end up reading this because the discussions are pretty thorough and intense.

None of this is actual spoilers. It's just to reduce the length of the post. Also, you may have a hard time finding the manga unless you're buying the volumes online. I would recommend downloading it from here: https://bakabt.me/ You do need an account, but they never bother you after you make one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    I'm just gonna flat out ignore this because 99% of my manga read was because of anime. From my perspective, it having an anime doesn't really mean anything. Most anime will skip material or just flat out change it because of time restraints or episode restrictions. You shouldn't let anime bind what you read.

With that said, I should also note that I'm not a huge manga reader. I will occasionally binge read something but I find it easier to take chapters slowly so I understand it more. Once again, with that said, my list may or may not be biased/objectively bad towards others;

Berserk

Berserk has a lot of things to enjoy, but the one I hear mentioned most often is it's art. The mangaka, Kentaro Miura, has really stood out both to me and many others for that reason. He uses heavy strokes to emphasize certain scenes and he really goes into detail. On top of that, the story is gruesome and action packed as hell. It's rather long, so I recommend reading it a few chapters a day/week to fully understand the story.

JoJos Bizarre Adventure

Well, aside from the anime grabbing me into reading this for more content, the story alone is really spectacular. Parts four and seven are outstanding. Part five, if you do happen to read this, is a translated mess and is objectively the worst part. As for the actual series and why I suggest it: It's the enormous world for me. There are a lot of characters introduced in every part and they all matter to the story. Most people hate lengthy series with a ton of characters, but it's rather easy to follow.

Tokyo Ghoul

I'm going to start and say that this is a completely bias explanation because I love reading tragedy and series with fucked up main characters. Obviously there is more to it, but I figured I'd go out and start with that. Other reasons is just the entire set-up that Ishida Sui makes. There is content from the first series that translates into the second in a very subtle but major way.[I can't way without spoiling, obviously]. I would recommend looking through some archives if you do end up reading this because the discussions are pretty thorough and intense.

None of this is actual spoilers. It's just to reduce the length of the post. Also, you may have a hard time finding the manga unless you're buying the volumes online. I would recommend downloading it from here: https://bakabt.me/ You do need an account, but they never bother you after you make one.
    Thanks for recommending me these. I'll download these asap I've wanted to get into manga for some while and didn't know where to start!

*edit*

So after seeing that there is lots of parts with Jojo's Adventure!

Would it be wise to just start the parts you mentioned? Or just start from 1 and work my way up. @Takatsuki
    Last edited by Reckonz; 03-06-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for recommending me these. I'll download these asap I've wanted to get into manga for some while and didn't know where to start!
    If you're just starting you could always read the manga of some anime you may have seen. I started with Deadman Wonderland, then moved on to other series that were left incomplete because I didn't want to leave it like that.

Not to say what I suggested is bad starts, but it's more food for thought.

Oh and from my first post; I forgot to throw in Boku no Hero Academia, but I already said yes in another thread. No explanation because it's pretty much just a shounen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    If you're just starting you could always read the manga of some anime you may have seen. I started with Deadman Wonderland, then moved on to other series that were left incomplete because I didn't want to leave it like that.

Not to say what I suggested is bad starts, but it's more food for thought.

Oh and from my first post; I forgot to throw in Boku no Hero Academia, but I already said yes in another thread. No explanation because it's pretty much just a shounen.
    Alright thanks! Yeah I look forward to Boku no Hero Academia

Thanks
    Would it be wise to just start the parts you mentioned? Or just start from 1 and work my way up.
    No you want to start at part one and then work your way up. You could technically watch the anime to get parts one-three out of the way, but that's up to you. Part four will be animated next season.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    No you want to start at part one and then work your way up. You could technically watch the anime to get parts one-three out of the way, but that's up to you. Part four will be animated next season.
    Alright, I'll probably do just that. Thanks!

Thanks
    voice-acting trash art trash
    considering there is an extremely low chance you're fluent in Japanese, I dont know how you'd be able to see if subbed voice acting is good or bad quality other than tone, which isn't exactly what makes it good/bad. Secondly, if you're complaining about bad art, you aren't watching the right anime.

OT:

I'd agree with @Takatsuki definitely try Tokyo Ghoul/Berserk, they are two ones, and you could also see Akame ga kill if you wanna try to ride your mind of the shitty anime they made out of it. Some of my personal favorites are: Oyasumi Punpun, Monster, Mushishi, and even Sakamichi no Apollon.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    considering there is an extremely low chance you're fluent in Japanese, I dont know how you'd be able to see if subbed voice acting is good or bad quality other than tone, which isn't exactly what makes it good/bad. Secondly, if you're complaining about bad art, you aren't watching the right anime.

OT:

I'd agree with @Takatsuki definitely try Tokyo Ghoul/Berserk, they are two ones, and you could also see Akame ga kill if you wanna try to ride your mind of the shitty anime they made out of it. Some of my personal favorites are: Oyasumi Punpun, Monster, Mushishi, and even Sakamichi no Apollon.

alright thanks! the voice acting trash part is just about the dub animes lol. sub all the way

Thanks
    alright thanks! the voice acting trash part is just about the dub animes lol. sub all the way
    Well if you're watching dubbed anyways you're just dumb, no offense but dubbed anime is shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    Well if you're watching dubbed anyways you're just dumb, no offense but dubbed anime is shit.
    Well there is some pretty good dub anime. I started watching dub at first but then I got into sub now sub is <3 unless the dub is pretty neat.

Thanks
    Well there is some pretty good dub anime. I started watching dub at first but then I got into sub now sub is <3 unless the dub is pretty neat.
    The only dub shows I can stomach is DBZ and some of the older ones. The newer series are mostly better subbed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    The only dub shows I can stomach is DBZ and some of the older ones. The newer series are mostly better subbed.
    Yeah, I actually didn't mind Highschool DxD dub it was pretty hilarious at parts. But once season 2 came or 3 I forget which one and they got new dub actors. I was angry like the dubs were absolute shit. >_>

Thanks
    Yeah, I actually didn't mind Highschool DxD dub it was pretty hilarious at parts. But once season 2 came or 3 I forget which one and they got new dub actors. I was angry like the dubs were absolute shit. >_>
    Have you read this?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_End
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016