Thanks

Tokyo Ghoul: re 69

So here is what I don't like about this chapter. Why the ever living fuck would they make Arima have an expression towards Ayato? On page 8, you can see he's clearly shocked by him. On top of that, he also seems surprised by Touka and Yomo. You have to show other characters were actually active off-screen by making Arima weaker? Arima is the selling point. When you see him, you expect death. His nickname symbolizes that. So why is Ayato, the kid who got destroyed by Kaneki pre-Arima training, able to shock him?

Ignoring that, I'm glad to see Touka again. Rather obvious for her to be introduced here. Also, her limbs seemed to be fine. The next chapter is clearly a Kaneki vs Furuta duel too. "Their face off was destined". I'm pretty excited to see Furuta going all out. Even more interested in what will become of Hinami at this point. She has a ton of death flags and killing her off right now would make Kaneki go absolute ape-shit, possibly even trigger full kakuja.

Also, the first panel that I have here; "To me, you will.." What is Arima implying here? There are a few possibilities. "Kill me" comes to mind. However, should Arima be the OEK, "replace" is another option. I guess we'll find out more next week, although the likelihood of a Rue island chapter is increasing.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 03-19-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Conventional battle tactics would dictate that they use traps/explosives against arima.

I guess ghouls are just stupid :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Conventional battle tactics would dictate that they use traps/explosives against arima.
    Have they ever been shown to use them before? I think setting up traps during an invasion where guards are everywhere is a little bit impractical as well.