Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Hiroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    25

    Winter Season part 2

    With the winter season of anime coming to a close (for most of them anyway) I am going to be making another thread with my final ratings on the anime I watched, feel free to discuss yours as well.


    Boku dake ga Inai Machi 9.5/10 (as of now)

    Ajin 8/10

    Musaigen no Phantom World 3/10

    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 8.5/10

    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season 8/10 (as of now)

    Divine Gate 7/10

    Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu 7/10

    Schwarzesmarken 7.5/10

    Dimension W 6.5/10

    Nijiiro Days 6/10







    Last edited by Hiroyuki; 03-20-2016 at 08:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,201
    Musaigen no Phantom World 7/10
    stopped reading here

  3. #3
    Hiroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    stopped reading here
    I mean it isn't great but it is okay up to ep 5 which is where I am.

  4. #4
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    I mean it isn't great but it is okay up to ep 5 which is where I am.
    Garbage since episode one.

  5. #5
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,506
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Ajinn's animation gives me cancer. Stopped at episode 2

  6. #6
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    𝙎𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙡 ♥‿♥
    Posts
    6,417
    Reputation
    852
    Thanks
    1,656
    Musaigen no Phantom World 3/10
    Why did you change it?

    just because takatsuki said it was bad?

    I feel like everone sucks up to you @Takatsuki

  7. #7
    Hiroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post


    Why did you change it?

    just because takatsuki said it was bad?

    I feel like everone sucks up to you @Takatsuki
    I haven't finished the anime and I am tired of hearing captain japan bitch at me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post
    Ajinn's animation gives me cancer. Stopped at episode 2
    Animation was shitty as hell, but the story wasn't garbage, reminded me a lot of Tokyo ghoul or maybe Parasyte.

  8. #8
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,506
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    I haven't finished the anime and I am tired of hearing captain japan bitch at me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Animation was shitty as hell, but the story wasn't garbage, reminded me a lot of Tokyo ghoul or maybe Parasyte.
    I laughed at this harder than I should have.

    OT: I think I judged Ajinn too soon. I watched episode 3 on a whim, and the story seemed interesting. Just need a blindfold to completely enjoy it.

  9. #9
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    I haven't finished the anime and I am tired of hearing captain japan bitch at me.
    No one's bitching. If you have a point to make, go for it, but stalker sales don't lie and neither does the fact that to KyoAni standards, it's the weakest of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post
    I laughed at this harder than I should have.
    Same.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Madara_Uchihă- View Post
    I think I judged Ajinn too soon. I watched episode 3 on a whim, and the story seemed interesting. Just need a blindfold to completely enjoy it.
    It's the same as the movies as far as I remember, so feel free to just watch those if you want to not wait.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Should probably stay on topic before this turns into another useless flame war where people take everything personal. Oh and once again, fuck number ratings.

    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu dropped to a 3 simply because they've skipped so much and assuming they keep the manga ending....

    Boku dake ga Inai Machi is floating around a 7 to 8. The car scene was really pathetic and the anime is skipping a lot of really cool manga scenes. However, the soundtrack, visuals, and just the symbolism of certain things in the series is amazing.

    Dagashi Kashi drops to a 5. There isn't anything going on, and it's pretty boring. The 5 is carried because of Saya. Other than that, I wouldn't watch or recommend.

    Dimension W is raising to a 7. The last few episodes were pretty good. The next one will determine if that holds true or goes back to a 6.

  10. #10
    Hiroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    The car scene was really pathetic and the anime is skipping a lot of really cool manga scenes.
    You're damn right, that shit was pathetic compared to the manga.

  11. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    With the winter season of anime coming to a close (for most of them anyway) I am going to be making another thread with my final ratings on the anime I watched, feel free to discuss yours as well.


    Boku dake ga Inai Machi 9.5/10 (as of now)

    Ajin 8/10

    Musaigen no Phantom World 3/10

    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 8.5/10

    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season 8/10 (as of now)

    Divine Gate 7/10

    Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu 7/10

    Schwarzesmarken 7.5/10

    Dimension W 6.5/10

    Nijiiro Days 6/10







    Boku: 4/10.
    Aijin: Skipped
    Phantom World: 3/10
    KonoSuba: 7/10.(not that bad actually)
    Ass-class: 2/10. I honestly hate this show.
    Dimension W: 3/10. It's just not that interesting.


    :/ this season was so dead.

    People were hyping Erased but man.....it really didn't need to be hyped. That show cannot deliver what it promises.


  12. #12
    Hiroyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    That show cannot deliver what it promises.
    Explain? Konosuba is mediocre at best, boku is much better is most all aspects....

  13. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
    Explain? Konosuba is mediocre at best, boku is much better is most all aspects....
    I agree konosuba is mediocre.

    Boku is better animated, has better character developement and all that but.......


    It lacks the "cornerstone" to be good.

    You see in shows like Erased the show needs a deciding factor to complete it, without that the show just crumbles.


    1. Romance. Is the show about romance ala: Girl who leapt through time? Nope.
    2. Thriller/mystery: Is the villain reveal worth it? Do we care about the villain? No, not really. It could be any random joe for all the show seems to care about it.
    3. Time travel / metaphorical Is the time travel going to play a pivotal role in the show?(matrix or forced destiny) Nope. It just works whenever it's convenient for the plot. No rhyme or reason for any of it really. It's not the characters own ability it seems either.


    So what the show lacks is actually quite simple: A reason to watch it.


    A lot of people have told me that you need to watch erased for the character interactions. But why should I? The character interactions in erased are boring and they aren't a "realistic" type of boring either.

    It's one of those shows that can't deliver on the romance, thriller, or metaphorical fronts so it just ends up being this hollow husk of an anime.


    I find it quite rare that the show even got so much hype, but then again this season was dead so that might be the biggest factor.


  14. #14
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,204
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    this season was dead so that might be the biggest factor.
    I wan't to chime in since he's apparently banned.

    Erased was an ok watch. It doesn't have much substance like you point out, and I actually don't think the ending is NTR anymore. I was stupid to think that. The one thing that I like about Erased is just the animation and how it uses certain angles or even colors to point things out. While they may be obvious to people looking for it, I wasn't one at first.

    I hate YouTube reviewers, but this guy is actually pretty chill about what he does and for some reason stands out from the others I've seen.



  15. #15
    Hiroyuki-sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    1. Romance. Is the show about romance ala: Girl who leapt through time? Nope.
    2. Thriller/mystery: Is the villain reveal worth it? Do we care about the villain? No, not really. It could be any random joe for all the show seems to care about it.
    3. Time travel / metaphorical Is the time travel going to play a pivotal role in the show?(matrix or forced destiny) Nope. It just works whenever it's convenient for the plot. No rhyme or reason for any of it really. It's not the characters own ability it seems either.
    1. Final episode should reveal the leading up romance between the characters.
    2. I agree, it was so obvious it was the teacher that it made it less interesting, especially the scene when he gets in the car before he gets drowned.
    3. I disagree with this, I feel like it played a nice factor in certain times like when the mother died and even though it it's "metaphorical" it still works with the plot. Granted they could have put a little more effort in the times he did it and maybe a little change but it still works. I feel like the stuff you're saying should be in the show would change the show around, I believe the way they have it made is exactly how they want it, if they wanted heavy romance influenced in, they would have it throughout the time traveling. If you're actually caught up with the anime, ep 11/12 should make a grand finish.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
  2. [Outdated] Get Tons Of Items From Winter Seasonal Shop And Treasure Map For Only 300 Acs
    By Eye Of Sauron in forum Adventure Quest Worlds (AQW) Tutorials, Source Code & Coding
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 01:18 PM
  3. Winter anime season
    By Rance-faga in forum Anime
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
  4. Tutorials Part 2
    By HolyFate in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
  5. Firefly Season 2?
    By Dave84311 in forum SCI-FI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 07:08 PM