Thread: Eureka 7 movie

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Eureka 7 movie

Alright let me start off by saying that I am a HUGE fan of E7 and that i will be a little biased towards this movie review.

The E7 movie: Pocketful of Rainbows is...different than most movies that follow an anime, and it should be noted that E7 had a different view than most anime.

Now that little intro is out let me start. I'll go by timeline.

First part has Eureka and Renton as kids, following Dominic up a hill and then he gives them a little speech about a special flower. It was kind of nostalgic to see them as kids and to see Dominic again, but thats it. Renton the narrator goes on to say Dominic died a week later, from what it never says, and that kinda just pisses me off. They killed a substantial side character in the first 10 minutes, without a reason.(i liked dominic 2).

The next scene has Eureka getting taken away as a kid. Now Renton was just a kid too so he couldn't do shit. He feels guilty. I didn't understand wtf they took Eureka away for, but i found out later.

Now that Renton is 14 the story starts. A city is being invaded by the "Image", and HOLY SHIT all the action is recycled from the anime. Even "TheEnD" rips apart an image with claws, but when it flips the screen it shows the nirvash......without claws(obvious flaw). The only cool part is that Holland(with the devilfish for no explained reason) can see the soul of the image and kill them.

Then the Nirvash goes and bust into the giant image hive, finding Eureka. They go into this whole "I can't live without you" scene, which would only make sense if you saw the first one....and it continued on to the second one[Spoiler]. Still, this was not needed in the first 30 minutes, it was way too dramatic with absolutely NO buildup.

After rescuing Eureka, they go back to the ship. Talk about for 45 minutes, explaining wtf is going on. Turns out they are in some sort of ALTERNATE REALITY from the anime. They explain it with some vague terms which never came up from the anime, and they didn't explain. Not that it even matters what logic they have, but CMON its supposed to be a continuation from the ANIME and they just fucked it up GOOD.

Holland and Co. are using drugs to restrain there youth because they somehow developed a disease. They all LOOK like the end characters in the anime(they dress different by the end), but they don't rly act like it.(Some of the crew members actually try to rape Eureka...). That being said, since this is supposed to be a CONTINUATION they should recognize her as an ally, but don't so its almost like the movie just said "nah" to the anime's storyline.

That being said, some characters that should be dead, aren't. The old lady from the first one is still there. While Dewey still remained alive and still had a history of recruiting children, he died.(But his ship still remains.... which was taken down by Holland in recycled action clips).

I'm just going to fast foward to the end.

In the end Renton gets shot. He's ok enough to save Eureka from some alien thing, and he gets attacked by Holland. Once again can't stress this enough, Holland is his ALLY in the anime, but not here. So you got some weird action scenes not rly related to the anime either, but still alright. Holland finds out his girlfriend is pregnant and he stops fighting(like it wasn't obvious she was b4 he left but w/e). Eureka then cries that renton is dying, nirvash flies away.

Then the end comes. Wait for it.......

They are on a beach, Eureka has long hair and is naked...... She apperantly can't talk normally for some unknown reason, so its explained that they are in NEVERLAND.

Ok here is my opinion on this movie, bottom line.
    -If you ever saw E7 the anime, DO NOT WATCH. It will appear as an abomination, which i still think it is and should not have been made.
    -If you never saw E7 the anime you MIGHT, and i stress the might, like this.

Here i'll give you a demonstration for all those people who watched E7 and GL.

Gurren Lagann is made into a movie.

Shiro and Lala start out as kids guided by the teacher Kamina.
    Kamina dies a week later, unexplained.
    Lots of Recycled action scenes of them fighting the anti spiral
    Shiro and Lala are finally ok on a beach. But Lala can't speak. Theres rainbows. The end.

I give it a 4/10.

Only thing i can truly say was good was that you can make a good AMV out of this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    WOW, quite a review..
    looks like a blog entry copy pasted here, anyway i am no e7 fan...
    but it was a decent anime from what watched of it on adultswim, English dub that where massacred

I will check out the movie later on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I advise watching the movie.......but w/e your choice.

Not copy/paste i just had like an hour to kill.