Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Okay, 4.54 million dollars. Does that change the fact that it's expensive?

Citation needed.

What other action is there in Kabaneri? You going to tell me that crashing the train into zombies is considered good action?
    Fullmetal alchemist being a big budget anime doesn't suprise me considering both animes were very well done, and brotherhood was a extremely polished version of the first that stayed on track. Not to mention both had a huge western and European hit leading to one of the best dubs in all of humanity. Also I have no citation because that was an anecdotal statement, and the genre the anime considers isn't relevant, unless the anime it's self states its an action then in that case I suppose it's an action based on the fact everything about it revolves around action between haibane and humans beings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Fullmetal alchemist being a big budget anime doesn't suprise me considering both animes were very well done, and brotherhood was a extremely polished version of the first that stayed on track. Not to mention both had a huge western and European hit leading to one of the best dubs in all of humanity. Also I have no citation because that was an anecdotal statement.
    That wasn't the budget, that was the broadcast costs. You pay to get your time slot. Two different things.

If you can't site that it's high budget, then it's just speaking out of your ass. I got my sources from a various amount of places, but just a simple google search and clicking the first ANN link backs it up.
    Anime, however, goes much, much lower. A typical show can cost as little as US$125,000 per episode. On occasion a very well-off production can go north of US$300,000 per episode, but that's pretty rare. Budgets for an anime are never made public, but that's the general level things are at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    the genre the anime considers isn't relevant, unless the anime it's self states its an action then in that case I suppose it's an action based on the fact everything about it revolves around action between haibane and humans beings.
    Well it's not like the producers just get on a stage and say what genre it is. It's usually taken from their website and then uploaded to some database like AniDB, where I get most of my sources from. I don't mind action, I just don't see how Kabaneri has any good action. Sure they're fighting, but it's bland and lazy. Every other theme around the series is thriller, but I've yet to be thrilled by anything other than the soundtrack. It's just not doing what it should be, and that's be entertaining.

The soundtrack is the only hype I can see people getting from this show. It's the same reason I have it downloaded, because it atleast helps said boring scenes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12