Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    flex1178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SouthSide
    Posts
    1,352
    Reputation
    80
    Thanks
    480
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Post Japanese fans name the 2016 spring anime that they're actively watching

    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ively-watching

    Most were obvious but one that surprised me was joker game being even number 5 for females. It is kind of a slow repetitive show and I really enjoy it only because I'm sort of a history buff.
    Also Kabaneri of the iron fortress surprised me overall because I stopped watching that show after episode one I felt it was so boring Might give it another go.


    Thoughts?
    NightOwl 4 life


  2. #2
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    5,060
    Reputation
    780
    Thanks
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    because I stopped watching that show after episode one I felt it was so boring .
    Are you retarded?
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

    MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Gaming News) Since - 02-08-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Art & Design news) Since 07-07-2016
    MPGH Minion (Steam section) Since 11-05-2016
     
    2016/12/08

  3. #3
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,200
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    No surprise. Japan has shit taste.

  4. #4
    flex1178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SouthSide
    Posts
    1,352
    Reputation
    80
    Thanks
    480
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

    Are you retarded?
    Nah show just didn't interest me everyone has different taste.
    NightOwl 4 life


  5. #5
    Gaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    マイホーム
    Posts
    5,060
    Reputation
    780
    Thanks
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by flex1178 View Post
    Nah show just didn't interest me everyone has different taste.
    BRUHHHHH, you dropped it after ep 1.
    Imposter Warning/useful information
    PM me anytime if you need any help.
    Contact me via |
    "I'm a deadbeat cousin, I hate family reunions
    Fucked the church up by drinkin at the communion
    Spillin free wine, now my tux is ruined
    In town for a day, what the fuck we doin?"

    MPGH Member Since - 06-07-2015
    MPGH Premium Member Since - 11-23-2015
    MPGH Premium Seller Since - 02-05-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Gaming News) Since - 02-08-2016
    MPGH News Force Member (Art & Design news) Since 07-07-2016
    MPGH Minion (Steam section) Since 11-05-2016
     
    2016/12/08

  6. #6
    Abraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,346
    Reputation
    167
    Thanks
    54
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    No surprise. Japan has shit taste.
    you mean tentacles?


  7. #7
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,814
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Bakuon!! Because MOTORCYCLES!!!!
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  8. #8
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,617
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,841
    1. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - 572 votes


    It better be rated number one, that's the highest budget anime right now I think.

  9. #9
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,200
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    1. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - 572 votes


    It better be rated number one, that's the highest budget anime right now I think.
    Budget and how well a series does has nothing in common. Kabaneri, despite the "high budget"(we haven't seen numbers yet) has done nothing to show this. The fighting is terrible and the story is predictable.

  10. #10
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,617
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Budget and how well a series does has nothing in common. Kabaneri, despite the "high budget"(we haven't seen numbers yet) has done nothing to show this. The fighting is terrible and the story is predictable.
    Not sure what you're talking about. It's a high budget anime, I don't know anything about the manga but I can assure the plot and story is going to be "high budget" and what appeals to majority of people, not just a handful of pedophilia weabos, is these kinds of scary/oppressive thrill animes. Attack on titan is what this anime gets compared to which it has many similarities. Both have the same thrill and survival theme, involving humanity being oppressed by outside forces. Both are super detailed animations. Attack on Titan did very well despite it's it never continuing, it's western appeal is what all high budget animes will go for. Just like this one did the same thing, western appeal is obvious.

    If you want to watch a fighting anime go watch dragonball or something. This anime is appealing to a broad audience by focusing on specific aspects that are much more important than a fight scene... which I'm more than sure the only reason why you say that is because of how slow and single targeted shooting a haibane in the heart with a steam jet gun. Not a real reason why the fighting in the anime sucks, this isn't really a fighting anime anyways. So what do you expect? in depth details and dialog for every movement in every fight scene with every haibane?

  11. #11
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,200
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about.
    You're claiming that it's popular because of the "high budgeting"(No proof that it's even that high. Amazon is funding it, but we have no idea how much).

    There is no manga. And what appeals to Japan, is indeed the harem's. Why do you think the market is saturated with them? AoT didn't have an extremely high budget and it wasn't that well animated. It was average to below average at best.

    Until we see what the actual budget of this series was, it still falls under the average of 2 million dollars for 13 episodes, or around $130k per episode, which is not a lot at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Not a real reason why the fighting in the anime sucks, this isn't really a fighting anime anyways.
    For a series that has "Action" as the main genre, you can usually expect a little more than what they're putting out. Even if you don't, what are the other reasons to watch this? The thriller aspect of it? I just called out what will happen in this week's episode last week, and was 99% correct. Not a very good thrill if I can guess it.


    Point in case is, Japan always has and will always have shit taste.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 05-19-2016 at 08:14 PM.

  12. #12
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,617
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    You're claiming that it's popular because of the "high budgeting"(No proof that it's even that high. Amazon is funding it, but we have no idea how much).

    There is no manga. And what appeals to Japan, is indeed the harem's. Why do you think the market is saturated with them? AoT didn't have an extremely high budget and it wasn't that well animated. It was average to below average at best.

    Until we see what the actual budget of this series was, it still falls under the average of 2 million dollars for 13 episodes, or around $130k per episode, which is not a lot at all.


    For a series that has "Action" as the main genre, you can usually expect a little more than what they're putting out. Even if you don't, what are the other reasons to watch this? The thriller aspect of it? I just called out what will happen in this week's episode last week, and was 99% correct. Not a very good thrill if I can guess it.


    Point in case is, Japan always has and will always have shit taste.
    Still not sure what you are talking about.


    I've watched tons of animes from the 90s(including late 80s), early 2000s and new ones. I can safely say Attack on Titan's animation was one of the main reasons why many people my self included got into that anime at first. Striping it of it's plot and theme, the animation alone was very "realistic" which as I was talking about earlier is a western appeal since it was a high budget anime (to my knowledge).

    Lots of effort went into AoT's animation, and I'm assuming the same is true for this anime. Even One Piece, which is THE anime, has worst animation than AoT and this anime. Most recently a OP animation error was luffy's gear fourth where they had him take his sandals off then they appear back on randomly. When we talk about animation we don't just mean the style of it, we also mean the consistency of it. AoT was very consistent, and very very detailed. Hens why it was a good animation, 10/10 animation in it's self without having bias just pure analytical value.


    Also do you have any idea of how small income the Japanese industry is? 2 million, hell even a couple hundred thousand dollars is a SHIT ton of money for an anime production.

  13. #13
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,200
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    I can safely say Attack on Titan's animation was one of the main reasons why many people my self included got into that anime at first. Striping it of it's plot and theme, the animation alone was very "realistic" which as I was talking about earlier is a western appeal since it was a high budget anime (to my knowledge).
    You can't tell me that when you talk to people about Shingeki, the first thing they say is "I liked the animation". The first thing I always hear is, "how good the story is" and "the character's are cool". Excluding the consistent anime fans, casual viewers are more bound to say they liked it for simple things like that. It's been a while since I watched it, but I'm 100% sure the animation was average.

    You say realistic, but I don't recall it looking anything like this:


    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Also do you have any idea of how small income the Japanese industry is? 2 million, hell even a couple hundred thousand dollars is a SHIT ton of money for an anime production.
    2 million is average. Saying a couple hundred thousand is a shit ton of money is wrong. They use $125k per episode. Also got to throw in broadcast costs. Full Metal Alchemist, which had a 6pm Saturday slot, had a total budget of 500 million yen (before additional costs).



    Another example is One Punch Man. The budget was average and nothing more. The only reason it was so well animated was because of the animators being so passionate about the series. Madhouse outsourced to people who really wanted to do it.
    Last edited by Takatsuki; 05-19-2016 at 09:33 PM.

  14. #14
    Dab1996426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,617
    Reputation
    330
    Thanks
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    You can't tell me that when you talk to people about Shingeki, the first thing they say is "I liked the animation". The first thing I always hear is, "how good the story is" and "the character's are cool". Excluding the consistent anime fans, casual viewers are more bound to say they liked it for simple things like that. It's been a while since I watched it, but I'm 100% sure the animation was average.

    You say realistic, but I don't recall it looking anything like this:



    2 million is average. Saying a couple hundred thousand is a shit ton of money is wrong. They use $125k per episode. Also got to throw in broadcast costs. Full Metal Alchemist, which had a 6pm Saturday slot, had a total budget of 500 million yen (before additional costs).



    Another example is One Punch Man. The budget was average and nothing more. The only reason it was so well animated was because of the animators being so passionate about the series. Madhouse outsourced to people who really wanted to do it.
    Yen and US Dollar are two hugely different things. You are very ignorant so please bare with me while I address you.

    Majority of animes are under a hundred thousand dollar budget, big animes like this fortress one rack up a 2mil budget by multiple anime studios and stuff getting involved in a big project like they did with Attack on Titan. Also I made a very clear indication I was being specifically non-bias when saying the animation was good. You however are being bias, the consistency and amount of detail in AoT is incomparable to other animes. whether it looks realistic or not, it's a top quality animation because more time is spent analyzing each frame and group of frames to ensure there is no errors and everything fits/feels right.

    To address what you said earlier about this being an action anime, you should realize action does not directly mean fighting. You can have an anime considered an action despite having 0 fight scenes, and pure racing with some occasional exploding cars, it will still be classified as an action just on the basis it has something challenging being done, whether it's physical or not, action does not specifically mean fighting.
    Last edited by Dab1996426; 05-19-2016 at 10:49 PM.

  15. #15
    Takatsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,200
    Reputation
    300
    Thanks
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Yen and US Dollar are two hugely different things.
    Okay, 4.54 million dollars. Does that change the fact that it's expensive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    Majority of animes are under a hundred thousand dollar budget, big animes like this fortress one rack up a 2mil budget by multiple anime studios and stuff getting involved in a big project like they did with Attack on Titan.
    Citation needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    To address what you said earlier about this being an action anime, you should realize action does not directly mean fighting.
    What other action is there in Kabaneri? You going to tell me that crashing the train into zombies is considered good action?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] Spring Anime 2016
    By Takatsuki in forum Anime
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 05:08 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:43 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
  5. Animals that are better than you...
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 05:13 PM