Thread: Death Note

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Death Note

So after watching this anime for like the fifth time, I realized that it has a HUGE contradiction. In episode 12, Rem explains to Misa how a Shinigami dies, saying that a Shinigami should only kill people to shorten their life, not to prolong it. So does this mean that EVERY single person that is killed using the death note would not have killed someone else in their natural lifespan? I find that pretty hard to believe. Great anime nevertheless.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    There's no way they can kill someone if they died already. The death of that person ends the possibility of them killing anyone. Think of it as a change in reality

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflMyWaffle View Post
    So after watching this anime for like the fifth time, I realized that it has a HUGE contradiction. In episode 12, Rem explains to Misa how a Shinigami dies, saying that a Shinigami should only kill people to shorten their life, not to prolong it. So does this mean that EVERY single person that is killed using the death note would not have killed someone else in their natural lifespan? I find that pretty hard to believe. Great anime nevertheless.
    There isn't even a contradiction in what you stated.

Shinagami can't "shorten" a lifespan with death. They die, thats it.
    The ONLY thing in the series that shortens ones lifespan is the aquiring of the shinigami eyes.

Shinigami do not use the death note for justice or any moral sense. They are merely death's agents. They kill people for their own reasons.

If a shinigami kills in the name of love or selfish desire, then he himself shall dies.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    What? Every time a shinigami kills with the death note, they are shortening a person's lifespan and adding it to their own. They can see how much time the person has left; how much time they will add to their own life, with their eyes. E.g. If person A had 10 days to live because person B was going to kill them, then killing person B increase the lifespan of person A. Hence, the reason why Jealous died.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    What? Every time a shinigami kills with the death note, they are shortening a person's lifespan and adding it to their own. They can see how much time the person has left; how much time they will add to their own life, with their eyes. E.g. If person A had 10 days to live because person B was going to kill them, then killing person B increase the lifespan of person A. Hence, the reason why Jealous died.
    The reason why jealous died is because he killed for love if i recall.

But anyway, if you work it out, the lifespan doesn't prolong just because someone had intent to murder someone else. They would still die in the same lifespan.

But looking again, this doesn't effect anything or anyone in the show at all. Its trivial to even worry about.

Read the shinigami rules or w/e.

Not your average fuckboy. I have a unique perspective on a lot of pointless things.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Old, u didn't understand.

I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Oh, DeathNote was an awesome series! There was already a lot of stuff to wrap your head around, lol. Though, I'm pretty sure life-span could be shortened through the acquiring of Shinigami eyes, like Light's father, who died in the same episode.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    The reason why Jealous died was because he could see that Misa was about to die, but he killed the person that was going to cause her death. Of course, he did this because he was in love with Misa but this is beside the point.
    Rem: "Jealous did something a Shinigami shouldn't ever do. Jealous used the notebook to save the girl. But you see, you can't do that. A Shinigami exists only to take human lives... to shorten their lifespan. At that moment Jealous turned into something indistinguishable from sand or ash and died."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The reason why Jealous died was because he could see that Misa was about to die, but he killed the person that was going to cause her death. Of course, he did this because he was in love with Misa but this is beside the point.
    Rem: "Jealous did something a Shinigami shouldn't ever do. Jealous used the notebook to save the girl. But you see, you can't do that. A Shinigami exists only to take human lives... to shorten their lifespan. At that moment Jealous turned into something indistinguishable from sand or ash and died."
    He wasn't in love with Misa, the story of jealous was told TO misa FROM rem.

Still everyone already knows this, so you are just talking to yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    DeathNote was amazing anime!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon(H)ell View Post
    DeathNote was amazing anime!
    No Shit Sherlock.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED