Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic!

This, is a MLP: FIM thread for all you bronies out there, I just know there's a few out there in the MPGHiverse.

My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie because she's carefree and awesome.

DISCUSS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trhim For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Favorite is rainbow dash.

Like the show and animation, but can't really consider myself an avid fan or brony since i've only watched a couple of episodes.
    ---------
    Its a lot better than it used to be thats for sure.
    ----------

Its got nice animation, a solid VA crew, and its creators love to leave lots of stuff for the fans.(which is actually pretty rare sadly enough). The show was originally intended for children but now its pretty broad spectrum of who it can appeal to. Although the toys on the other hand are a bit much for any older men to be purchasing for themselves, I'm ok with older MLP:FiM fans as long as they don't become too creepy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-28-2012),trhim (07-26-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Favorite is rainbow dash.

Like the show and animation, but can't really consider myself an avid fan or brony since i've only watched a couple of episodes.
    ---------
    Its a lot better than it used to be thats for sure.
    ----------

Its got nice animation, a solid VA crew, and its creators love to leave lots of stuff for the fans.(which is actually pretty rare sadly enough). The show was originally intended for children but now its pretty broad spectrum of who it can appeal to. Although the toys on the other hand are a bit much for any older men to be purchasing for themselves, I'm ok with older MLP:FiM fans as long as they don't become too creepy.
    I have my little sister buy them for me.
    What can I say? I just need a rainbow dash by my side.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'll just leave this here:

(Oh, and for the record I have no problem with the show. It's the disease of a fan-base that gets to me.)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-28-2012),[MPGH]Lehsyrus (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

(Oh, and for the record I have no problem with the show. It's the disease of a fan-base that gets to me.)
    Sir, you are generalizing. I'm 14 and I have non-brony friends.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by trhim View Post
    Sir, you are generalizing. I'm 14 and I have non-brony friends.
    He shouldn't be generalizing thats for sure.(given the naruto fanbase and its history.)

Compared to most other fanbases the MLP fanbase is quite tame and there are far less creeps in them than other fanbases.
    -------------

Bronies are probably one the chillest fanbase around. On average they don't spam/promote their show everywhere, any haters are just told "the shows not for everyone", and they don't argue too much.

The thing is the western media hasn't ever experienced anime fans or otaku. They find 1 creepy guy and all of the sudden everyone in that fanbase is a creepy guy.
    (Try asking someone who doesn't watch anime what their opinions are on anime, its shocking).

If people find fans of this show creepy ask yourself this:

1. Does this show focus on cute actions every episode? Nope.
    2. Does this show have any little girls on it? Nope.
    3. Does this show have a good moral message on it? Eyup.

Western media has no idea what the moe genre is, what otaku are, and what REAL creepy fans are.
    (AKB48, figurines, stalking voice actors/idols, hell the whole moe genre, and just tons of creepy shit that i now know thanks to the internet).

Guys purchasing a $20 plastic pony at target are nothing to worry about.(now the brushes might be another story).

I'd rather have another 100 bronies than another fugly naruto cosplay or some retard running around with a plastic headband.
    Last edited by Empire; 07-27-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You sir are a grade A moron

He shouldn't be generalizing thats for sure.(given the naruto fanbase and its history.)

Compared to most other fanbases the MLP fanbase is quite tame and there are far less creeps in them than other fanbases.
    -------------

Bronies are probably one the chillest fanbase around. On average they don't spam/promote their show everywhere, any haters are just told "the shows not for everyone", and they don't argue too much.

The thing is the western media hasn't ever experienced anime fans or otaku. They find 1 creepy guy and all of the sudden everyone in that fanbase is a creepy guy.
    (Try asking someone who doesn't watch anime what their opinions are on anime, its shocking).

Western media has no idea what the moe genre is, what otaku are, and what REAL creepy fans are.
    (AKB48, figurines, stalking voice actors/idols, hell the whole moe genre, and just tons of creepy shit that i now know thanks to the internet).

Guys purchasing a $20 plastic pony at target are nothing to worry about.(now the brushes might be another story).

I'd rather have another 100 bronies than another fugly naruto cosplay or some retard running around with a plastic headband.
    You sir are a grade A moron

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Evanatorthefirst For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-27-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

-------------

Naruto is a shonen, a.k.a it's aimed at teenage boys. Thanks, I like something aimed at my age group and gender, vs liking something aimed at 5 year old girls.

No, they're not more tame, it's actually the fucking opposite.
    ------------------

No, they're not the chillest. They DO spam\promote their show everywhere, most haters get decimated, and they argue with everyone. For fuck sakes they shut down a Fox news station just because they were asking why grown men would like a show aimed at 5 year old girls (a very valid question).

There's a lot more than ONE creepy guy in the MLP fanbase, more than 3\4 of the fanbase is "creepy".
    Yeah, there's idiots everywhere that will hate on anything they don't like for no reason, but this doesn't even begin the justify bronies.

OK, let's ask ourselves that with ACTUAL answers now:

1. Yes, it does. For fuck sakes it's targeted towards 5 year old girls, of course it fucking does.
    2. /facepalm No it doesn't have any little HUMAN girls, it's based around ponies. But it does have pony girls.
    3. What moral message? Be friends? Wow, some fucking message. (Also, this coming from the hypocritical faggot "Empire" that said I'm a moral fag for liking Naruto's determination.)

Yes, fully grown males buying 20$ plastic ponies is something to worry about, even if the brushes are worse.

Naruto cosplay>Pony cosplay. And I'd sure as hell rather have someone wearing a fucking headband than some stupid MLP shit, at least the headband looks fucking cool, is about pride, and is from a show aimed at teenage boys. A much better thing for TEENAGE BOYS and GROWN MEN to like than something aimed at 5 YEAR OLD FUCKING GIRLS.

I honestly can't believe you're defending bronies, you make me fear for humanity Empire, GG.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 07-27-2012 at 11:34 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Evanatorthefirst View Post
    You sir are a grade A moron You sir are a grade A moron
    Don't worry, I know how to handle haters.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Naruto is a shonen, a.k.a it's aimed at teenage boys. Thanks, I like something aimed at my age group and gender, vs liking something aimed at 5 year old girls.

No, they're not more tame, it's actually the fucking opposite.
    ------------------

No, they're not the chillest. They DO spam\promote their show everywhere, most haters get decimated, and they argue with everyone. For fuck sakes they shut down a Fox news station just because they were asking why grown men would like a show aimed at 5 year old girls (a very valid question).

There's a lot more than ONE creepy guy in the MLP fanbase, more than 3\4 of the fanbase is "creepy".
    Yeah, there's idiots everywhere that will hate on anything they don't like for no reason, but this doesn't even begin the justify bronies.

OK, let's ask ourselves that with ACTUAL answers now:

1. Yes, it does. For fuck sakes it's targeted towards 5 year old girls, of course it fucking does.
    2. /facepalm No it doesn't have any little HUMAN girls, it's based around ponies. But it does have pony girls.
    3. What moral message? Be friends? Wow, some fucking message. (Also, this coming from the hypocritical faggot "Empire" that said I'm a moral fag for liking Naruto's determination.)

Yes, fully grown males buying 20$ plastic ponies is something to worry about, even if the brushes are worse.

Naruto cosplay>Pony cosplay. And I'd sure as hell rather have someone wearing a fucking headband than some stupid MLP shit, at least the headband looks fucking cool, is about pride, and is from a show aimed at teenage boys. A much better thing for TEENAGE BOYS and GROWN MEN to like than something aimed at 5 YEAR OLD FUCKING GIRLS.

I honestly can't believe you're defending bronies, you make me fear for humanity Empire, GG.
    *Clears throat*
    PREEEPARE TEH CANNUNZ

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    *Clears throat*
    PREEEPARE TEH CANNUNZ
    You sound like a brainwashed little maggot.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Evanatorthefirst For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-27-2012)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Don't worry, I know how to handle haters.
    *Clears throat*
    PREEEPARE TEH CANNUNZ
    Thank you, for proving my fucking point THAT much more. Instead of providing an actual retort, your show has made you resort to sheer ignorance and stupidity. GG bro, keep "loving" things to death.

You know what I wrote is completely right, and one day you're going to look back at this and wonder why you ever liked this shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thank you, for proving my fucking point THAT much more. Instead of providing an actual retort, your show has made you resort to sheer ignorance and stupidity. GG bro, keep "loving" things to death.

You know what I wrote is completely right, and one day you're going to look back at this and wonder why you ever liked this shit.
    Haters gonna hate.
    Bring your ass to friendshipismagic.org and prepare to be loved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Haters gonna hate.
    Bring your ass to friendshipismagic.org and prepare to be loved.
    You're either a VERY bad troll, or a very stupid kid. Either way, just no.

Your lack of an actual retort is frightening.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Evanatorthefirst (07-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    You're either a VERY bad troll, or a very stupid kid. Either way, just no.

Your lack of an actual retort is frightening.
    No, sir, in fact, you sound like you're trying to troll ME.
    Lauren Faust accepts us bronies with open arms, something which barely happens nowadays.
    If being called a trolling faggot-ass little kid is what I have to deal with to enjoy watching a fucking show that's way better your fucking Naruto then hate away, haters.
    As they say, "Don't feed the trolls, they only become stronger" so in addition to that, please fuck off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast