Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapShizz View Post
    Why not?
    if goku can make spirite bomb, why cant naruto make the sun? /duh
    Well, Sayajins are a alien race, so it makes more sense for them. But like I said, as long as there's a good reason for it and the way it's introduced makes sense, I have no problem with it.








     





















  2. #17
    CheapShizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Loading.........
    Posts
    666
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, Sayajins are a alien race, so it makes more sense for them. But like I said, as long as there's a good reason for it and the way it's introduced makes sense, I have no problem with it.
    i guess so,
    Goku>naruto

  3. #18
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,770
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,074
    My Mood
    Angry
    Empire, you simply don't like manga, or this manga. Allot of mangas show thoughts and have the main character and shows the audience what is actually going on.

    And the excitement of the BS Tobi brings makes it more xciting, because we all know Tobi will be beaten. And how it whats makes it even more fun
    Last edited by KING; 08-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to KING For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (08-03-2012)

  5. #19
    Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Demonz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    638
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    56
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapShizz View Post
    Why not?
    if goku can make spirite bomb, why cant naruto make the sun? /duh
    But that would make no sense at all. He makes the sun which is like much bigger than the moon.

    HE MAKES THE SUN AND PLACES IT ON TOBI'S HEAD. =D That'd be pure stupid.

  6. #20
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    Empire, you simply don't like manga, or this manga. Allot of mangas show thoughts and have the main character and shows the audience what is actually going on.

    And the excitement of the BS Tobi brings makes it more xciting, because we all know Tobi will be beaten. And how it whats makes it even more fun
    Edit: You know what, fuck that. Not worth it.

    Forget that people who read naruto don't read anything else or they would know better already.
    -Talking about the low-risk, defensive boss, and completely inconsistent techniques, not the thought bubbles
    Last edited by Empire; 08-03-2012 at 05:39 PM.


  7. #21
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Edit: You know what, fuck that. Not worth it.

    Forget that people who read naruto don't read anything else or they would know better already.
    -Talking about the low-risk, defensive boss, and completely inconsistent techniques, not the thought bubbles
    Actually, most people who read Naruto DO read other things, especially other things from the big 3 + DBZ, a lot of them just like Naruto more.

    Honestly bro, if you don't like it though, that's perfectly fine. Just don't come into every thread about it and QQ then. If you hate the show, don't even click on threads with "Naruto" in the name.








     





















  8. #22
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Actually, most people who read Naruto DO read other things, especially other things from the big 3 + DBZ, a lot of them just like Naruto more.

    Honestly bro, if you don't like it though, that's perfectly fine. Just don't come into every thread about it and QQ then. If you hate the show, don't even click on threads with "Naruto" in the name.
    :/ Especially 2 other similar series? + the thing bleach and naruto are cloned after? Oh golly.
    -To be fair though, one piece has comedy and bleach has combat. Naruto's got neither of that in any decent amount by comparison to other anime.
    -If they read any other series save maybe toriko/beezlebub/fairytail they'd kind of see why naruto is so boring now.
    --Toriki is getting good with its godzilla aproach lol.

    Look I grew up with naruto, I watched up until 160, played the games, watched half of shippuden, and was a big fan until after pein/itachi.

    Why? Because the 4th ninja war is a HUGE wasted opportunity, the badguy isn't really that threatening, and the author is trying to drag it out.
    ----------------
    Wasted opportunity:

    Ok so for most of the show you hear about these legends who made a name for themselves in the last great ninja war. But what about now? This war is a extremely great opportunity for the original group to get some more character dev. or have one of them die to inspire another. There is a hundred different ways you could expand this to give them depth.

    But nope. Put some random people in there, and the other people who were already part of the last ninja war. When no one dies or is developed in a war, its pretty boring to watch obvious victory over obvious victory.
    -----------------------------
    The badguy isn't threatening:
    Pein killed jaraiya, and destroyed konoha. Tobi.........has some sinister plan.(i feel like he's Claw from inspector gadget). Hell even Midara had a war history.

    This "war" hasn't done anything. Hundreds of unimportant ninja are dying. Big woop. Give me sakura dying, or something important to watch. No one cares if so and so beats an older "legendary" ninja. Its stupid because at least a hundred panels have been taken with just bland uninteresting zombies or ninja getting killed. Even the damn other ninja are already dead. Killing them does almost nothing.
    -----------------------------

    :/ Scot I don't hate naruto, i'm just dissapointed in it. (though to be fair i could have called most of this stuff when the zombies were mentioned).
    Last edited by Empire; 08-04-2012 at 12:31 AM.


  9. #23
    Crossfading's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *******
    Posts
    328
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well, in a matter of few weeks tobi's identity will be revealed check out this interview of kishimoto and the questions he answered :]
    Kishimoto: Much more excitement to come in Naruto!

  10. #24
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Dragging the series on longer is all i see.


  11. #25
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ Especially 2 other similar series? + the thing bleach and naruto are cloned after? Oh golly.
    -To be fair though, one piece has comedy and bleach has combat. Naruto's got neither of that in any decent amount by comparison to other anime.
    -If they read any other series save maybe toriko/beezlebub/fairytail they'd kind of see why naruto is so boring now.
    --Toriki is getting good with its godzilla aproach lol.

    Look I grew up with naruto, I watched up until 160, played the games, watched half of shippuden, and was a big fan until after pein/itachi.

    Why? Because the 4th ninja war is a HUGE wasted opportunity, the badguy isn't really that threatening, and the author is trying to drag it out.
    ----------------
    Wasted opportunity:

    Ok so for most of the show you hear about these legends who made a name for themselves in the last great ninja war. But what about now? This war is a extremely great opportunity for the original group to get some more character dev. or have one of them die to inspire another. There is a hundred different ways you could expand this to give them depth.

    But nope. Put some random people in there, and the other people who were already part of the last ninja war. When no one dies or is developed in a war, its pretty boring to watch obvious victory over obvious victory.
    -----------------------------
    The badguy isn't threatening:
    Pein killed jaraiya, and destroyed konoha. Tobi.........has some sinister plan.(i feel like he's Claw from inspector gadget). Hell even Midara had a war history.

    This "war" hasn't done anything. Hundreds of unimportant ninja are dying. Big woop. Give me sakura dying, or something important to watch. No one cares if so and so beats an older "legendary" ninja. Its stupid because at least a hundred panels have been taken with just bland uninteresting zombies or ninja getting killed. Even the damn other ninja are already dead. Killing them does almost nothing.
    -----------------------------

    :/ Scot I don't hate naruto, i'm just dissapointed in it. (though to be fair i could have called most of this stuff when the zombies were mentioned).
    Well, that is true, but, there's two things to consider here:

    1. The war isn't over yet, a lot of what you said may actually happen.

    and

    2. We obviously know that the Allied Shinobi force is going to win, they've got the title character. I know you're saying that other people BESIDES him should die to make it important but, that's not 100% needed. (I would personally dis-like it, but that doesn't really matter.) Like King said, it's the WAY they win that we're more interested.

    The show is a little predictable, but then again so are most Shonen's. (Personally I think if anyone is going to die, it will be Kakashi, since he's already on "borrowed time" from when he was revived by Pain. But that's just me.)








     





















  12. #26
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, that is true, but, there's two things to consider here:

    1. The war isn't over yet, a lot of what you said may actually happen.

    and

    2. We obviously know that the Allied Shinobi force is going to win, they've got the title character. I know you're saying that other people BESIDES him should die to make it important but, that's not 100% needed. (I would personally dis-like it, but that doesn't really matter.) Like King said, it's the WAY they win that we're more interested.

    The show is a little predictable, but then again so are most Shonen's. (Personally I think if anyone is going to die, it will be Kakashi, since he's already on "borrowed time" from when he was revived by Pain. But that's just me.)
    I hope some character dev. happens. As much as the show is about naruto and sasuke, its pretty boring to watch a show with just 2 characters and what will turn out to be repaceable generic allies(who's tenten again?).

    I'm not saying the SHOULD die, but at least the situations should be dire. Its pretty boring to watch a fight with so little threat. The fights are ok, don't get me wrong(for naruto), but with people not even suffering any real injuries its kind of.......eh. Also magic artifacts......
    (also wtf was with the hanzo fight. Guy who beats the sanin fights random samurai #1 and loses??? Huge wasted opportunity there.)
    ----------------------

    Naruto is just a little TOO predictable. I mean one piece is just fucking crazy shit all the time, bleach is fight scenes with good art, and naruto........naruto is like a story that i know whats going to happen and am just wait for it to happen.(right now, wasn't this way in the pein arc).

    And that should never be the case with a story.

    Last edited by Empire; 08-04-2012 at 04:03 AM.


  13. #27
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,770
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,074
    My Mood
    Angry
    So @Empire. Are you going to continue posting on a topic about a Manga you clearly don't like.

    Why are you still reading it?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to KING For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (08-04-2012)

  15. #28
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I hope some character dev. happens. As much as the show is about naruto and sasuke, its pretty boring to watch a show with just 2 characters and what will turn out to be repaceable generic allies(who's tenten again?).

    I'm not saying the SHOULD die, but at least the situations should be dire. Its pretty boring to watch a fight with so little threat. The fights are ok, don't get me wrong(for naruto), but with people not even suffering any real injuries its kind of.......eh. Also magic artifacts......
    (also wtf was with the hanzo fight. Guy who beats the sanin fights random samurai #1 and loses??? Huge wasted opportunity there.)
    ----------------------

    Naruto is just a little TOO predictable. I mean one piece is just fucking crazy shit all the time, bleach is fight scenes with good art, and naruto........naruto is like a story that i know whats going to happen and am just wait for it to happen.(right now, wasn't this way in the pein arc).

    And that should never be the case with a story.
    I was going to respond to the video, but that would be WAY too much to post in this thread and it would be kind of off-topic. (I love how that dude has comments disabled though.)

    As for what you said, yeah, there is a lack of char. development right now, but I don't really mind it. The reason is, I like the Naruto vs Sasuke thing, and there's a lot of cool things that have happened with other characters, there's just a lot more with Naruto and Sasuke. (Choji going into his butterfly mode and kicking ass without even the pills and etc., that's a great example.)

    The situation should be a bit more dire at some points, but it already is at other points. The price of failure with Tobi is the whole world is fucked, that's kind of dire. :S But I guess you mean with OTHER characters. Oh, and I'm VERY happy about the Hanzo thing. 1. Because I hate Hanzo. and 2. Because Mifune is a bad ass. That being said, it does make sense. He fought him before so he had already developed an immunity to his poison. Edit: Oh, and I forgot. Hanzo also defied Kabuto and released the poison in his body to paralyze himself so he can be sealed.

    People complain about Naruto being predictable, and while that is true when it comes to some things, there's also some things not even the "great minds of anime" will be 100% correct about (like Tobi's identity). So while it is predictable, there's also a lot of mystery in there as well. As for the Bleach thing, I like Naruto's artstyle more personally (even if they're almost the same) and everyone I ever heard of says the fight with Pain was some of the best action they've seen in a anime\manga since DBZ. :S

    I do grow a LITTLE bored with the war, (or at least I was until the 3 big fights started happening) but I'm still very excited for every chapter and love the show. :S
    Last edited by scotbud123; 08-04-2012 at 07:27 PM.








     





















  16. #29
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    So @Empire. Are you going to continue posting on a topic about a Manga you clearly don't like.

    Why are you still reading it?
    Because I did like Naruto. Now its just boring honestly.

    I read everything really. I read what I find to not like and what I do. The only area that I cannot say I like 99% of the content is shoujo. But I try to broaden my horizons by picking up new manga constantly.

    :/ you should try it.
    -----------
    @scotbud123:

    1. And i really wouldn't care if you did respond either way.
    2. You don't really mind it because its been that way since shippuden. I don't think any characters have developed since ship except naruto, sakura, and sasuke.
    -Please don't tell me "so and so has a new power" is character dev. Its not.
    3. Hanzo killed himself, mifune is a 2D character, and its another badguy/chapter wasted on a pointless battle. (i mean really, who the hell cares if mifune dies, he's unimportant in everything but name/rank).
    4. When you can predict the important stuff its hardly worth messing with. Hell i tune in every week to see if anything outside of generic shonen battles happen. I get a NOPE for the last year.
    5. Tobi's identity is what I'd like to call : "bullshit". Because I know whats going to happen. They will unmask tobi, go into flashbacks of his reasoning(becuase we need to feel sorry for the badguy), then he will lose in the end. Maybe kakashi will die maybe he won't.
    -I pretty much agree with the vid. Orochimaru is the only badguy who was actually a badguy. Not some minsunderstood ninja who went to the dark side. And that Sasuke should be the badguy by now.
    6. The kage fight is just silly too. Odds are they will win from some ridiculous techinique.(i mean tsundae got stabbed in the chest and lifted but she's fine.).
    -----------------------------

    People who only watch naruto/dbz saying its the best fight in manga/anime since dbz really proves very little.


    Overral I'm just dissapointed how monotonous these fights have become.


  17. #30
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    @scotbud123:

    1. And i really wouldn't care if you did respond either way.
    2. You don't really mind it because its been that way since shippuden. I don't think any characters have developed since ship except naruto, sakura, and sasuke.
    -Please don't tell me "so and so has a new power" is character dev. Its not.
    3. Hanzo killed himself, mifune is a 2D character, and its another badguy/chapter wasted on a pointless battle. (i mean really, who the hell cares if mifune dies, he's unimportant in everything but name/rank).
    4. When you can predict the important stuff its hardly worth messing with. Hell i tune in every week to see if anything outside of generic shonen battles happen. I get a NOPE for the last year.
    5. Tobi's identity is what I'd like to call : "bullshit". Because I know whats going to happen. They will unmask tobi, go into flashbacks of his reasoning(becuase we need to feel sorry for the badguy), then he will lose in the end. Maybe kakashi will die maybe he won't.
    -I pretty much agree with the vid. Orochimaru is the only badguy who was actually a badguy. Not some minsunderstood ninja who went to the dark side. And that Sasuke should be the badguy by now.
    6. The kage fight is just silly too. Odds are they will win from some ridiculous techinique.(i mean tsundae got stabbed in the chest and lifted but she's fine.).
    -----------------------------

    People who only watch naruto/dbz saying its the best fight in manga/anime since dbz really proves very little.


    Overral I'm just dissapointed how monotonous these fights have become.
    1. OK ^_^
    2. Well, it's not the fact that Choji got his wings without the pills that was the development I was talking about, it was breaking through the bond with his master and realizing that he has to protect the "King" (the next generation). The fact that he grew up there seems to be character development to me.
    3. I would care if Mifune died, not before that chapter\episode but now I would because I saw it and think he's a bad ass character. You say he's a 2D character, that's because you're not giving him a chance to gain depth.
    4. We went over this already, most people who watch\read it are more interested on HOW it happens. Hell this is why I watch the anime every week even if I already read it in the manga. To see what changed and to see how it was done in the anime. This applies even more with new manga content, you may know WHAT will happen but HOW is a whole other story.
    5. How does that make it "bullshit"? It's bullshit if everyone guesses one character because it was made obvious and they're all true. With all the different theories out there I hardly see how it's "bullshit". (Your theory is probably wrong too, mine probably is too.) Orochimaru was my least favorite villain If I can't see WHY a villain would be bad, usually I don't like the character. (The Joker from Batman is an exception to this I guess, but he does have his own "reasons".) Orochimaru just wants to "know" everything? Even at the cost of other people? I'd much rather prefer the story of a sad childhood. It's that TRANSITION to being bad that lures most people in, it's sure as well why I like those kinds of bad guys. (It's one of the reasons why Anakin is my favorite star wars character.)
    6. I don't think it's silly. I think it's pretty bad ass. Not only because Madara is a fucking boss, but because we get to see the Kage take down such a legend. Why? Because he's a cold hearted dick, and the Will of Fire will always beat the Uchiha's hatred. (I don't care if that sounds cheesy, it's bad ass.) Gaara is one of my favorite characters, so getting to see him kick the ass he is, well that's fucking awesome.
    -------------------------------------

    I've heard it from literally everyone....even my friend that used to hate Naruto and was all over Bleach's dick admitted that it's probably one of the best action scenes in anime ever. And he hated Naruto when he said that.

    Overall I'm happy at how bad ass these fights are. But I guess to each his own. :S
    Last edited by scotbud123; 08-05-2012 at 12:47 AM.








     





















Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Naruto
    By Flawless in forum Anime
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-17-2015, 04:32 AM
  2. Naruto Manga 534 [SPOILER] discussion
    By Yolo Swaggins in forum Anime
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:45 PM
  3. Naruto Manga SPOILER
    By Yolo Swaggins in forum Anime
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
  4. Who reads Naruto Manga?
    By Demonz. in forum Anime
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 04:57 PM
  5. Naruto Manga
    By Empire in forum Anime
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 06:25 PM