Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Guys, we have a problem before I make the tournament.

9. 1stHokage (2votes)
    9. Minato (2votes)
    9. Nagato/Pein (2votes)
    9. Kikashi (2votes)

One of the three in the 9 category must go!
    I'm going to remove the first Hokage because we know to little of his techniques and never seen him in official battle.
    Hard to compare and Contrast when you can't name more than 3 of his move :/

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post

9. 1stHokage (2votes)
    9. Minato (2votes)
    9. Nagato/Pein (2votes)
    9. Kikashi (2votes)

I'm going to remove the first Hokage because we know to little of his techniques and never seen him in official battle.

1st Hokage was the only person who is able to defeat madara. that should be enough for his skills.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Great, we got 5 threads for a voting session involving less than 10 people. Really.....

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

9. 1stHokage (2votes)
    9. Minato (2votes)
    9. Nagato/Pein (2votes)
    9. Kikashi (2votes)

Although it's non canon, you COULD base it off of the footage from Generations about the Harishama\Madara fight.

Oh, and @Empire and @fingernig I still think Naruto is an awesome character. He's a fucking bad ass, I think after what he went through and the hard work he put in that he deserves the power he gets. (He's still not the strongest by any means, so I don't even see what the problem is.)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Although it's non canon, you COULD base it off of the footage from Generations about the Harishama\Madara fight.

Oh, and @Empire and @fingernig I still think Naruto is an awesome character. He's a fucking bad ass, I think after what he went through and the hard work he put in that he deserves the power he gets. (He's still not the strongest by any means, so I don't even see what the problem is.)
    Yeah, Not Canon.
    And that fight didn't show the nitty gretty deal tails. A giant time skip and we see Hashirama wining... supposedly.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah, Not Canon.
    And that fight didn't show the nitty gretty deal tails. A giant time skip and we see Hashirama wining... supposedly.
    Yeah I know. xD Just a suggestion. :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Should make more tournaments. This is fun (:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]KING (09-14-2012),scotbud123 (09-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Eh.

Compared to: Luffy, natsu, toriko, kurono, Gon/killua, goku/vegeta, tokimori, alucard, revy, kaiman, eliah, nomiya(real), kyo, ken, 9arts, amiya, alita, nana, and gutz.
    (just some main characters from other series).
    He isn't a badass. Thats not even including the real badass side characters.

-Even in naruto he isn't a badass, he's never once showed any real killing intent that wasn't the kyubi, he has never once owned anyone outright(like half the cast has done to him), and well, he just doesn't resemble what a badass is. He's a kid-hero, thats what he's always been, and that didn't change in shippuden sadly. He might have gotten more power, but he's still the kid-hero he always was. Hell he's still holding on to the sasuke dream and spouting about hokage.
    ------------------
    Training and childhood: We went over this before. Compared to the people in naruto, he doesn't train as much. Compared to the people in naruto, he hasn't had a worse childhood.

More than half the important cast of naruto has had a worse childhood, trained harder/been in more dire circumstances, and has lost someone.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Eh.

Compared to: Luffy, natsu, toriko, kurono, Gon/killua, goku/vegeta, tokimori, alucard, revy, kaiman, eliah, nomiya(real), kyo, ken, 9arts, amiya, alita, nana, and gutz.

-Even in naruto he isn't a badass, he's never once showed any real killing intent that wasn't the kyubi, he has never once owned anyone outright(like half the cast has done to him), and well, he just doesn't resemble what a badass is. He's a kid-hero, thats what he's always been, and that didn't change in shippuden sadly. He might have gotten more power, but he's still the kid-hero he always was. Hell he's still holding on to the sasuke dream and spouting about hokage.
    ------------------
    Training and childhood: We went over this before. Compared to the people in naruto, he doesn't train as much. Compared to the people in naruto, he hasn't had a worse childhood.

More than half the important cast of naruto has had a worse childhood, trained harder/been in more dire circumstances, and has lost someone.
    Out of all the character you listed that I know of, I think he's cooler. (That would be Luffy, Natsu, Goku\Vegeta, and a little bit of Alucard[never actually seen his show, just know of him]).

He's not SUPPOSED to show killing intent, that would be out of his character...That's like saying Orochimaru wants to dedicate his life to helping others...it just wouldn't make sense.

He has outright owned many people, but that doesn't even MAKE a bad ass win....it's much cooler to see a close fight and then see someone win at the end with something cool and bad ass.

The Hokage thing is also out of character, if he EVER dropped that the show would be ruined. I know I for one would be pissed as FUCK.

He's yet again SUPPOSED to be a kid-hero (I see nothing wrong with that). One of the things that drew most people to Naruto so much when it first started becoming popular is the fact that all this was done by kids, it was and still is bad ass as fuck.

He's trained more than most Naruto characters (aside from Lee and a few others). Just because less time is spent doesn't mean less energy and etc. wasn't. His training is just highly accelerated because of his use of shadow clones. That doesn't make it less straining or difficult, it just means it goes faster. It's actually much MORE straining and difficult.

The childhood thing depends on what you mean by childhood. The thing about Naruto is he got saved from that darkness, that's another thing that makes him a cool character. So yeah, he wasn't in that darkness as long because he found people like Kakashi, Sakura, Iruka, Sasuke, etc. to help him and pull him out of that. The only other person in the show that's REALLY had a worse childhood is Nagato IMO.

Your point on him never losing contradicts your point earlier about him never owning anybody, those points can't go together.

Overall, he's a bad ass character, I like him more than any other fictional character on any medium.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry

Eh.

------------------

Correction. Naruto did own the shyt out of the Third Edo Tensei Raikage.
    Took brains and skills, and I think he did it with sage mode if im correct.

I think Sage Mode Naruto is a badass, he becomes smarter for some reason and he's not dependant on the kyubi chakra.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Out of all the character you listed that I know of, I think he's cooler. (That would be Luffy, Natsu, Goku\Vegeta, and a little bit of Alucard[never actually seen his show, just know of him]).

He's not SUPPOSED to show killing intent, that would be out of his character...That's like saying Orochimaru wants to dedicate his life to helping others...it just wouldn't make sense.

He has outright owned many people, but that doesn't even MAKE a bad ass win....it's much cooler to see a close fight and then see someone win at the end with something cool and bad ass.

The Hokage thing is also out of character, if he EVER dropped that the show would be ruined. I know I for one would be pissed as FUCK.

He's yet again SUPPOSED to be a kid-hero (I see nothing wrong with that). One of the things that drew most people to Naruto so much when it first started becoming popular is the fact that all this was done by kids, it was and still is bad ass as fuck.

He's trained more than most Naruto characters (aside from Lee and a few others). Just because less time is spent doesn't mean less energy and etc. wasn't. His training is just highly accelerated because of his use of shadow clones. That doesn't make it less straining or difficult, it just means it goes faster. It's actually much MORE straining and difficult.

The childhood thing depends on what you mean by childhood. The thing about Naruto is he got saved from that darkness, that's another thing that makes him a cool character. So yeah, he wasn't in that darkness as long because he found people like Kakashi, Sakura, Iruka, Sasuke, etc. to help him and pull him out of that. The only other person in the show that's REALLY had a worse childhood is Nagato IMO.

Your point on him never losing contradicts your point earlier about him never owning anybody, those points can't go together.

Overall, he's a bad ass character, I like him more than any other fictional character on any medium.
    Scot, I don't doubt that you think naruto is the coolest. You are sooo far into the naruto fandom, its probably impossible to change that. I don't even bother "debating" your scenarios because every time you default into "nah-uh, naruto is the bestest!, *excuse for poor character design here*"

--------------------------------

Look, i know you have a huuuge hard-on for naruto, but he's not a badass. You are wrong, go watch other anime.
    -And even in the narutoverse, he isn't a badass.

Correction. Naruto did own the shyt out of the Third Edo Tensei Raikage.
    Took brains and skills, and I think he did it with sage mode if im correct.

I think Sage Mode Naruto is a badass, he becomes smarter for some reason and he's not dependant on the kyubi chakra.
    Oh right. He owned the shit out of a corpse. Woop-de-frickin do. Considering that everyone won their fights, its not really that big of a deal honestly. Oh wait, he had to team-fight for that. Nope. Ownage denied.
    + He had to hit the guy several times with several other jutsu/people helping him.

I enjoyed sage mode, it looked like a new direction for naruto. Nope, just another technique learned to beat the current badguy.
    Last edited by Empire; 09-14-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    ^ Everyone anime like that
    I enjoyed sage mode, it looked like a new direction for naruto. Nope, just another technique learned to beat the current badguy.

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Eh.

------------------

Naruto will find sasuke and become gay with him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by fingernig View Post
    Naruto will find sasuke and become gay with him.
    I wonder what gunna happen when Sasuke and him meet up again.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Scot, I don't doubt that you think naruto is the coolest. You are sooo far into the naruto fandom, its probably impossible to change that. I don't even bother "debating" your scenarios because every time you default into "nah-uh, naruto is the bestest!, *excuse for poor character design here*"

--------------------------------

Look, i know you have a huuuge hard-on for naruto, but he's not a badass. You are wrong, go watch other anime.
    -And even in the narutoverse, he isn't a badass.

Oh right. He owned the shit out of a corpse. Woop-de-frickin do. Considering that everyone won their fights, its not really that big of a deal honestly. Oh wait, he had to team-fight for that. Nope. Ownage denied.
    + He had to hit the guy several times with several other jutsu/people helping him.

You don't think he's badass, that doesn't make him any less bad ass though. (Especially since almost all your reasons are bull.)

And he did own him, there's no way anybody else would have done SHIT to him. All those "attacks" you're talking about didn't even scratch the dude.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast