Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 87
  1. #61
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    :/ I read like 20-30 different series-release each week.(more depending upon the release schedule of monthly/long manga).

    I check up each week on naruto to see if the plot has advanced any farther, or if anything important happened(9/10 times thats a no).

    There is a bunch of flaws in naruto(i'll make a thread on the odds), but I comment each week simply because I find it amusing your opinions on naruto.(not to mention scot gets upset every week).
    -----------------------
    :/ only reason I bash naruto is because scot begs for it. Its no worse than half a dozen other shonen, but it has fans that white-knight it so its more or less fun to mess with you guys.
    So, defending something that I like is "white-knighting"? You're right, I totally forgot, I'm supposed to hate the thing I like....








     





















  2. #62
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    So, defending something that I like is "white-knighting"? You're right, I totally forgot, I'm supposed to hate the thing I like....
    :/ This is the part where you realize I was using an internet term and where you go look it up.
    -Its basically someone who can't accept criticism of his or her series/game. Its more common in CoD fans or such, but you'll tend to find a good amount in big 3 fans as well. The most common thing this refers to in video games is "the developer is always right", a kind of defense that resembles "well they intended for that" in game design or execution.
    +Explained it to you so you didn't cop out on lazyness.

    Being a gamer and all I see this behavior all the time. Its quite silly frankly and especially so for video games because there are obvious bugs/gliches that when mentioned get the wk's involved in actually defending broken code. Even when asking for help you get people defending the game instead of helping, or refusing to admit that certain things are ridiculously broken in equality and continuing to abuse game mechanics or gliches with the excuse that the devs are always right.
    /
    In anime its more often about how an author fucks with its readers in order to gain more profit/prolong the series. As many current anime/manga fans of the big three rarely read a series not done weekly or with a considerably shorter volume set, it never really occurs to them that the writer would ever do something like make unnecessary arcs. (This happens all the time with longer shone, such as One Piece, Bleach, even Hunter x Hunter, hell even berserk).

    The white knights come in when anything is mentioned on such topic and they defend it regardless of whether its true or not. There are countless examples of when an author just puts out chapters just for the sake of publication, regardless of plot relevance or starts a ridiculously irrelevant arc such as:

    -Bleach: Fullbring
    -One Piece: New Fishman Pirates
    -Naruto: Fourth War
    -Hunter x Hunter: Video Game arc.
    -Berserk: Mermaid/reality change arc.
    -Sun-Ken Rock: Idol arc.
    I really could go on for pretty much every series, but generally the point is that there is an arc in every anime that "relates" to the other arcs but isn't really relevant or important to the final outcome of the series.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-24-2012 at 02:35 AM.


  3. #63
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    /facedesk Man, you really are stupid.

    I know what "white-knight"ing is, I put it in quotes because it doesn't apply to the situation. I love the 4th war and everything about it, the only Arcs that were better IMO were The Pain Arc, the Sasuke retrieval arc, and possibly the Hidan and Kakuzu arc.

    I love how you wasted all your time writing that, when I barley skimmed. ^_^








     





















  4. #64
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    What is ya arguing about
    I swore this thread was suppose to be about "Naruto 606 + Discussion"
    Last edited by DawgiiStylz; 10-24-2012 at 09:47 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (10-24-2012)

  6. #65
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    /facedesk Man, you really are stupid.

    I know what "white-knight"ing is, I put it in quotes because it doesn't apply to the situation. I love the 4th war and everything about it, the only Arcs that were better IMO were The Pain Arc, the Sasuke retrieval arc, and possibly the Hidan and Kakuzu arc.

    I love how you wasted all your time writing that, when I barley skimmed. ^_^
    Ah. See I can never tell with you kids.

    If you think this arc above the majority of naruto, thats pretty sad.


  7. #66
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Ah. See I can never tell with you kids.

    If you think this arc above the majority of naruto, thats pretty sad.
    Why must you argue with everyone's opinions? If scot likes it, then he likes it. No need to ridicule him for it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (10-26-2012)

  9. #67
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post


    Why must you argue with everyone's opinions? If scot likes it, then he likes it. No need to ridicule him for it.
    Because I can/???

    Why must you argue with my opinions? If I dislike it, then I dislike it. No need to pester me about it.


  10. #68
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Because I can/???

    Why must you argue with my opinions? If I dislike it, then I dislike it. No need to pester me about it.
    Same applies to you. No need to pester US about it.

    I mean if you don't like the 4th Shinobi War arc, that's FINE, hate it all you want, but then telling scot that it's "sad" because he likes it?


    You're obviously not very sociable seeing as everything has to go "your way". TBH you're just one of those "Hardcore" Otaku's who think's they're better than everyone just they've they watched/read more Anime/Manga than us. When in actuality you're just annoying.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (10-26-2012)

  12. #69
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post

    You're obviously not very sociable seeing as everything has to go "your way". TBH you're just one of those "Hardcore" Otaku's who think's they're better than everyone just they've they watched/read more Anime/Manga than us. When in actuality you're just annoying.
    Yeah, thats sad
    He the type of people that I like to fight

  13. #70
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Koompa View Post

    Yeah, thats sad
    He the type of people that I like to fight
    Like I honestly try to be friends with him, or atleast to the point were we can agree to disagree, but he just HAS to insult people because they think differently. It's his nature.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

    DawgiiStylz (10-26-2012),scotbud123 (10-26-2012)

  15. #71
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Because I can/???

    Why must you argue with my opinions? If I dislike it, then I dislike it. No need to pester me about it.
    Except:

    A. This isn't your thread, AND you're not wanted.

    B. You started antagonizing first, ergo we argue with you because you started fucking with us first. So YOU'RE "pestering" us.

    and

    C. This thread is to discuss what you liked about the recent chapter, not to say " LULZ IT'S BAD BREH!"








     





















  16. #72
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post


    Same applies to you. No need to pester US about it.

    I mean if you don't like the 4th Shinobi War arc, that's FINE, hate it all you want, but then telling scot that it's "sad" because he likes it?


    You're obviously not very sociable seeing as everything has to go "your way". TBH you're just one of those "Hardcore" Otaku's who think's they're better than everyone just they've they watched/read more Anime/Manga than us. When in actuality you're just annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post


    Same applies to you. No need to pester US about it.

    I mean if you don't like the 4th Shinobi War arc, that's FINE, hate it all you want, but then telling scot that it's "sad" because he likes it?


    You're obviously not very sociable seeing as everything has to go "your way". TBH you're just one of those "Hardcore" Otaku's who think's they're better than everyone just they've they watched/read more Anime/Manga than us. When in actuality you're just annoying.
    I repeated what you said but for my side.
    -I just find it funny how people define rights of speech to them alone. Ah forums and narutards.
    -----------
    Obviously I'm not sociable because I dislike an arc in naruto.

    Its not that I view myself as superior, its that I don't understand why none of you pick up new anime. Its curious to me, as to why you guys only talk about naruto as opposed to picking up new anime or discussing such. If you could explain why you guys only talk about naruto that would be great. There is hundreds of other anime, all just as great as naruto, out there for you to watch. But you guys(week after week) talk about the same series. Quite frankly the only reason I "annoy" you is because this particular series is probably one of the slowest per-chapter manga out there and its so well......cliche right now, that it gets even more boring than usual.
    --------------------------------------------------

    Look I'm not saying "don't talk about naruto", but please discuss other anime as well.

    And scot: And the MLP fans don't want you, deal with it.


  17. #73
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Look I'm not saying "don't talk about naruto", but please discuss other anime as well.
    You do know that this is a thread in the anime section, right? If you don't like it, don't reply? I imagine we all know you don't like this arc, but care to tell me why you still here to argue on your perspective?

    and also, why not make threads of your own anime's that you watch. Maybe it'll inspire to watch 'em and discuss with you.
    You do see some bleach going on here as well and some others. I don't really spend time reading/watching anime. I don't really have time for it anymore.

    I'm not trying to be mean or anything, i'm just pointing some things out and giving a little suggestion.

    and please don't try to reply and argue back with me if you got something to say. I just simply won't reply because I don't really have the time to debate
    Last edited by DawgiiStylz; 10-27-2012 at 07:22 AM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

    -Madara_Uchihă- (10-27-2012),scotbud123 (10-27-2012)

  19. #74
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post




    I repeated what you said but for my side.
    -I just find it funny how people define rights of speech to them alone. Ah forums and narutards.
    -----------
    Obviously I'm not sociable because I dislike an arc in naruto.

    Its not that I view myself as superior, its that I don't understand why none of you pick up new anime. Its curious to me, as to why you guys only talk about naruto as opposed to picking up new anime or discussing such. If you could explain why you guys only talk about naruto that would be great. There is hundreds of other anime, all just as great as naruto, out there for you to watch. But you guys(week after week) talk about the same series. Quite frankly the only reason I "annoy" you is because this particular series is probably one of the slowest per-chapter manga out there and its so well......cliche right now, that it gets even more boring than usual.

    I've been watching Anime for 4 years on & off. I watch ALOT of anime, Naruto is the only one I discuss on the forums because it's popular with it's members. And when I said as for "Free Speech" goes. I said clearly said, you're entitled to your own opinion, just don't bash other people's opinion. This is how a discussion SHOULD go.


    Me: -Posts New Manga-
    @Koompa & @scotbud123: I love this chapter because of x, and x, and x. But I felt that x was abit slow, etc.
    @Empire: This chapter was below decent because x, x, x, and x.


    How discussions currently go:
    Me: -Posts new Manga-
    Koompa & Scott: I love this chapter because of x, and x, and x. But I felt that x was abit slow, etc.
    Empire: "Oh mai gawd Kishi can you go any slower? All you Narutards need to learn to read other quality shit, herp derp" (Well that's what goes through my mind when I read your posts anyway
    Last edited by -Madara_Uchihă-; 10-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (10-27-2012)

  21. #75
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thats the thing. You guys only talk about naruto, and its well.....repetitive. I mean all your threads can be summed up into two. 1 thread for naruto in general, another thread for the tournament.

    I just found it odd that you "watch a LOT of anime" and only discuss naruto. Kind of stupid to have an anime section if the only thing being discussed is naruto.

    Got 5-6 people, all they watch/post about is naruto. *sigh*.

    --------------------------------------
    Actually its more along the lines of me arguing with scot and you getting just as mad(for some reason) because we are arguing.

    Though I do get your point, the execution was pretty sloppy. Mainly because of youth i'd guess, but the whole misrepresentation is just well, stupid since I can go back and view the thread. So lets get this straight:
    Let me get this straight, if i go "naruto sucks this week because of x,x, and x." You think scot and you still won't get butthurt?

    Oh wait, I already did do that. Huh. Funny.
    -On this thread alone, you can see its just scot getting mad for no real reason. But hey, bitch and whine all you want.
    -------------------------
    Last edited by Empire; 10-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Manga] Naruto 605 + Discussion
    By Hero in forum Anime
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-20-2012, 12:50 PM
  2. [Manga] Naruto 604 + Discussion
    By -Madara_Uchihă- in forum Anime
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM
  3. [Manga] Naruto 603 + Discussion
    By -Madara_Uchihă- in forum Anime
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
  4. [Manga] Naruto 602 + Discussion (Alive)
    By -Madara_Uchihă- in forum Anime
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 04:54 PM
  5. Naruto Manga 534 [SPOILER] discussion
    By Yolo Swaggins in forum Anime
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 09:45 PM