Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

"Project Versus J" Shonen Jump Crossover Game

I believe this is the right section, considering it's an Anime-related game?

So far confirmed characters are from :One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, and Toriko. At a later time Shonen Jump/ Namco bandai will be doing a poll to see what other characters they will add to the game. Considering how big Naruto is, i'm sure they'll add it eventually.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it'll be a PS3 & Xbox game.

Source: Kanzenshuu | News | New Crossover Video Game Announced: "Project Versus J"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Uhm......shonen already release a crossover fighting game like 4 years ago. It was on the DS and had pretty much every major shonen title at the time.(from deathnote to prince of tennis).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Uhm......shonen already release a crossover fighting game like 4 years ago. It was on the DS and had pretty much every major shonen title at the time.(from deathnote to prince of tennis).
    I don't play DS, so I didn't know. But do you think this one will get on major consoles? (By that I mean Xbox & PS3)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper View Post

I don't play DS, so I didn't know. But do you think this one will get on major consoles? (By that I mean Xbox & PS3)
    Hard to say. It looks like its going to get the one piece treatment.

The game will be solid, but fall flat thanks to things like graphics and modern gaming tools.

Naruto and DBZ have had some good releases, I hope that team picks it up. If this game comes out on the consoles, it will have some deffinite backing and maybe a half-decent fighting system.
    -----------

Don't count on it to be like Super smash, because even sony failed(so hard) on that.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This looks sick as fuck. As much of a huge Naruto fanboy that I am, this game would be cool even if it was just OP, DBZ, and Toriko. (Although I would love to see some Naruto and even some Bleach).

There's been a few crossovers released over the years, there was one on the PS2/Xbox as well, but they've all kind of sucked. I hope this one is going to be different, would be nice as hell.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

Don't count on it to be like Super smash, because even sony failed(so hard) on that.
    You're making a record amount of sense right now. PSASBR sucks ass, but don't try to tell a Sony fanboy that. (I guess from your perspective that's ironic coming from me, but oh well).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    This looks sick as fuck. As much of a huge Naruto fanboy that I am, this game would be cool even if it was just OP, DBZ, and Toriko. (Although I would love to see some Naruto and even some Bleach).

There's been a few crossovers released over the years, there was one on the PS2/Xbox as well, but they've all kind of sucked. I hope this one is going to be different, would be nice as hell.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

You're making a record amount of sense right now. PSASBR sucks ass, but don't try to tell a Sony fanboy that. (I guess from your perspective that's ironic coming from me, but oh well).
    I'm a Sony fanboy, and I agree that PSASBR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (12-09-2012)

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm a Sony fanboy, and I agree that PSASBR
    xD I guess there's some sane fans in every fandom, but most Sony fans with argue to the Earth's end that PSASBR is 10x better than Brawl. I've been trying to tell them NO since before the game even came out. :S xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    xD I guess there's some sane fans in every fandom, but most Sony fans with argue to the Earth's end that PSASBR is 10x better than Brawl. I've been trying to tell them NO since before the game even came out. :S xD
    They're retarded, PSASBR sucks dick. Brawl over everything <3 (In that category anyways xD)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to -Madara_Uchihă- For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

They're retarded, PSASBR sucks dick. Brawl over everything <3 (In that category anyways xD)
    PSASBR fails in the most basic standards though. There have been several good/decent brawl clones. Digimon did a decent job, small arms did a good job, etc.

PSASBR just sucked. They didn't even use the correct characters much less a decent combat system. This game should have been made at the ps3 start, its waaaaaaaaaay too late to bring back franchises that are long since dead, much less promote shitty un-related spinoffs like MGS rising(though it does look fun) and the new DmC(its gonna be shit).
    -Also, how stupid do you have to be to make the combat suck that bad, I mean wow, its below mugen level.
    -------------------------------------

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (12-10-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

PSASBR fails in the most basic standards though. There have been several good/decent brawl clones. Digimon did a decent job, small arms did a good job, etc.

PSASBR just sucked. They didn't even use the correct characters much less a decent combat system. This game should have been made at the ps3 start, its waaaaaaaaaay too late to bring back franchises that are long since dead, much less promote shitty un-related spinoffs like MGS rising(though it does look fun) and the new DmC(its gonna be shit).
    -Also, how stupid do you have to be to make the combat suck that bad, I mean wow, its below mugen level.
    -------------------------------------
    A friend of mine hacked his Xbox and had DmC for about a week now, he says he loves it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

A friend of mine hacked his Xbox and had DmC for about a week now, he says he loves it
    :/ If dante turns into a lil bitch, its not worth playing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

:/ If dante turns into a lil bitch, its not worth playing.
    He seems like exactly the same Dante. Don't tell me you're one of those guys who assume the game is going to be shit just because he has a new appearance.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

He seems like exactly the same Dante. Don't tell me you're one of those guys who assume the game is going to be shit just because he has a new appearance.
    I've played many games, many of the characters change from game to game. Their role, their voice, their character....changes. Master Chief wasn't always as he is in Halo 4, the Borderlands cast didn't actually have a voice till borderlands 2, Ryu Hyabusa wasn't actually a character till NG3.(You get the point).

DmC, is not what the franchise is about and does not represent what makes the franchise Devil May Cry. Its made by a company who hasn't had ONE good game, much less a good director, and is going to turn out like every other hand-off capcom does. I'm sorry, but this game is the pretty much exactly the same scenario as raccoon city, or for that matter most handoffs. Its going to use the unreal engine, have sub-par combat(as the demo has shown), and needlessly use constant platforming or QTE's.
    --------------

And yes, Dante does look and act like a little emo bitch. I'm sorry but even among devil may cry standards there was SOME class.(saying fuck every 5 seconds is stuff for 5 year olds).
    ------------------------------

As much as I would love another devil may cry, I'm going to stick with the remastered HD version of 1 and 3 for now. DmC is not worth the pricetag.
    -Also, wtf is with vergil. Not hard to use the same character model now, come on.
    Last edited by Empire; 12-10-2012 at 03:41 AM.