Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Sometimes I don't even think you read what you're responding to...

I listed which episodes should be skipped, including just about everything you bitched about. But I liked almost all the fillers anyways, even a lot of them that I told him to skip.

Plus, 6 episodes for a fight? That's nothing...It's like you haven't watched DBZ or something...6 is short as fuck.

Don't listen to what Empire says, he doesn't even like Naruto in general, watch the anime, just skip what I told you to.
    Remember Goku vs. Frieza?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-20-2013)

Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Yeah but in DBZ that was the entire boss. Frieza/cell/Buu were the main enemies and took up that much time, most other guys were beaten in the episode or the episode after in a rare case. They also were made a lot earlier in time and had a much larger scale for each fight.
    ------------

TO OP:
    Anyway. Skip these Naruto & Naruto Shippuden Fillers | Naruto HQ
    There are a bit more, but that covers most of them.
    -----------

Again, Highly reccommend manga over anime. Or at least watch it after, its a huuuuge time sink.
    So, basically what you said is "It's alright, because it's DBZ"? That doesn't make any sense, at all. You think 6 episodes is long for a fight in Naruto (it's actually not by the way, fun fact of the day, that's short as fuck), but when a fight in DBZ takes up to 30 it's alright?

Oh, and I am the OP, no idea what you're talking about.

Anyways, like I said, the anime is fine, in-fact it's much better than the manga, just avoid the filler if it really bothers you. I would recommend going by my list, because the list Empire linked includes the really good fillers. The 12 Ninja guardian arc (Episodes 57-70 of Shippuden) was fucking excellent. It gave Asuma time to shine.
    -----

P.S: It's an anime, it's supposed to be a time sink, you're supposed to feel like you're taking a trip to the Naruto world when you watch it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So, basically what you said is "It's alright, because it's DBZ"? That doesn't make any sense, at all. You think 6 episodes is long for a fight in Naruto (it's actually not by the way, fun fact of the day, that's short as fuck), but when a fight in DBZ takes up to 30 it's alright?

Oh, and I am the OP, no idea what you're talking about.

Anyways, like I said, the anime is fine, in-fact it's much better than the manga, just avoid the filler if it really bothers you. I would recommend going by my list, because the list Empire linked includes the really good fillers. The 12 Ninja guardian arc (Episodes 57-70 of Shippuden) was fucking excellent. It gave Asuma time to shine.
    -----

P.S: It's an anime, it's supposed to be a time sink, you're supposed to feel like you're taking a trip to the Naruto world when you watch it.
    Yeah basically, DBZ also had a much larger scale. I think the other thing is that DBZ was all about the fight for the episodes. In naruto that 6 episode fight is more often than not 3 episodes worth of flashbacks.
    ---------------
    Original poster. In this situation it would be the guy who requested it. TC, thread creator, is you.
    ----------------

Lol, "really good fillers". None of the introduced characters ever come back or bring any significance to the plot in its entirety. The action is(well as usual) subpar.
    ------

Anime isn't supposed to be a time sink scot. Its a term that means "waste of time" essentially. Because it takes so much time to do something that doesn't need to take that much time. Most anime are not time sinks, naruto runs at 500+ episodes and has a plot that is pretty small and not a lot of action either. It could have been done in a lot shorter amount of episodes. Like, 100-150 at most.
    Urban Dictionary: Time sink
    Last edited by Empire; 03-20-2013 at 02:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Is this that good ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    At least Naruto has more action than DBZ. DBZ you just watch them talk.. and talk... and talk... aaaaand talk.... AAAAAND TALK.... and then fighting.. yet you don't see it...

I'm a fan of DBZ, but Naruto is better. Fillers ain't that bad. Ya make it seem like its the end of the world

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-20-2013)

Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah basically, DBZ also had a much larger scale. I think the other thing is that DBZ was all about the fight for the episodes. In naruto that 6 episode fight is more often than not 3 episodes worth of flashbacks.
    ---------------
    Original poster. In this situation it would be the guy who requested it. TC, thread creator, is you.
    ----------------

Lol, "really good fillers". None of the introduced characters ever come back or bring any significance to the plot in its entirety. The action is(well as usual) subpar.
    ------

Anime isn't supposed to be a time sink scot. Its a term that means "waste of time" essentially. Because it takes so much time to do something that doesn't need to take that much time. Most anime are not time sinks, naruto runs at 500+ episodes and has a plot that is pretty small and not a lot of action either. It could have been done in a lot shorter amount of episodes. Like, 100-150 at most.
    Urban Dictionary: Time sink
    DBZ spends like, how many episodes to cover 5 fucking minutes of a fight? It was a cool show, and I liked DBZ, but don't try to say there wasn't pointless bullshit in both.
    -------------
    I'm usually used to OP being the guy who posted the FIRST (original) thing, but alright.
    -------------
    I think the 12 Ninja Guardian arc was fucking epic, it really gave Asuma a time to shine before his death, which was really cool. I like the 3 tail arc, Guren was a character that I hated at first, and then loved by the end. The arc about the 6 tails actually DID have a character that returned (plus that arc was written by Kishi, remember in the manga when he got revived and was talking to Naruto, he said "Remember me, Naruto?"), plus I liked it (and it was like, 6 episodes long). The one where they head to Orochimaru's base right after the Naruto and Sasuke fight was cool. The one where they fight a former 7 ninja swordsman dude that used lightning and loved funerals, that was cool. The one where Gaara has a student and gets to kick ass at the end of original Naruto was cool. And I haven't seen the Chikira arc yet, but everyone who has told me it was good (and it was also only 6 episodes long).

Now, don't get me wrong, there have been fillers that are down-right stupid. Like the "Life at Sea" arc, that was dumb. The only episode I liked was the one when he met that ghost girl and went Sage Mode while helping her to kick some ass. But that wasn't worth a season of fillers. Konoha history arc? Kind of cool, but a waste of time, I agree. 75% of the pre-Shippuden fillers? Crap. So yes, I agree, some suck, but to generalize all of them as bad is down right fucking stupid.

Oh, and I love how long Naruto is, I love taking like a week out of my summer and just re-watching the series, it's fucking awesome. My favorite thing about getting back into Naruto after a really long time was spending hours on end catching up, it was the coolest thing ever. When I get into a show, (no matter what it is) I GET INTO a show. I go HaM, and I WANT to feel like I'm traveling there.

(Oh, and P.S: That "Thank You" was a mis-click, no offense).

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
    At least Naruto has more action than DBZ. DBZ you just watch them talk.. and talk... and talk... aaaaand talk.... AAAAAND TALK.... and then fighting.. yet you don't see it...

I'm a fan of DBZ, but Naruto is better. Fillers ain't that bad. Ya make it seem like its the end of the world
    ^This, I agree. xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    DBZ spends like, how many episodes to cover 5 fucking minutes of a fight? It was a cool show, and I liked DBZ, but don't try to say there wasn't pointless bullshit in both.
    -------------
    I'm usually used to OP being the guy who posted the FIRST (original) thing, but alright.
    -------------
    I think the 12 Ninja Guardian arc was fucking epic, it really gave Asuma a time to shine before his death, which was really cool. I like the 3 tail arc, Guren was a character that I hated at first, and then loved by the end. The arc about the 6 tails actually DID have a character that returned (plus that arc was written by Kishi, remember in the manga when he got revived and was talking to Naruto, he said "Remember me, Naruto?"), plus I liked it (and it was like, 6 episodes long). The one where they head to Orochimaru's base right after the Naruto and Sasuke fight was cool. The one where they fight a former 7 ninja swordsman dude that used lightning and loved funerals, that was cool. The one where Gaara has a student and gets to kick ass at the end of original Naruto was cool. And I haven't seen the Chikira arc yet, but everyone who has told me it was good (and it was also only 6 episodes long).

Now, don't get me wrong, there have been fillers that are down-right stupid. Like the "Life at Sea" arc, that was dumb. The only episode I liked was the one when he met that ghost girl and went Sage Mode while helping her to kick some ass. But that wasn't worth a season of fillers. Konoha history arc? Kind of cool, but a waste of time, I agree. 75% of the pre-Shippuden fillers? Crap. So yes, I agree, some suck, but to generalize all of them as bad is down right fucking stupid.

Oh, and I love how long Naruto is, I love taking like a week out of my summer and just re-watching the series, it's fucking awesome. My favorite thing about getting back into Naruto after a really long time was spending hours on end catching up, it was the coolest thing ever. When I get into a show, (no matter what it is) I GET INTO a show. I go HaM, and I WANT to feel like I'm traveling there.

(Oh, and P.S: That "Thank You" was a mis-click, no offense).

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

^This, I agree. xD
    Pointless bullshit from DBZ? Yeah, i'll forgive that. Its hardly that big of a deal if you consider what dbz was.

Naruto? Hell no. Modern day and i'm not gonna forgive that considering all the other anime out there. Also the levels are completely different. DBZ didn't give me fucking flashbacks to every dying kid and his grandmother the moment the fight started.

----------------

The reason why fillers suck is because they don't relate to anything. Yeah, most of them(well arguably ALL) have horrible plot and action. But thats not what irks me, that is naruto in general. What irks me is that the plot is so stupidly disconnected it never comes into play. You can skip ALL of naruto's fillers and you'd probably have a much better show.

Thanks

Pointless bullshit from DBZ? Yeah, i'll forgive that. Its hardly that big of a deal if you consider what dbz was.

Naruto? Hell no. Modern day and i'm not gonna forgive that considering all the other anime out there. Also the levels are completely different. DBZ didn't give me fucking flashbacks to every dying kid and his grandmother the moment the fight started.

----------------

The reason why fillers suck is because they don't relate to anything. Yeah, most of them(well arguably ALL) have horrible plot and action. But thats not what irks me, that is naruto in general. What irks me is that the plot is so stupidly disconnected it never comes into play. You can skip ALL of naruto's fillers and you'd probably have a much better show.
    Well sure, Naruto does have annoying flash backs a lot (Like it showing when he was as a kid and wasn't accepted) and a lot of others but I'd prefer to watch a minute or two of flashbacks then watch an entire episode of DragonBall Z where Frieza is just insulting Goku. There are some anime that I enjoy regardless of the fillers and other faults, Naruto is one of them. And there are some great fillers for anime in general, you just can't generalize anime and say every filler is bad.. there are some great ones out there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-21-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

----------------

Yet some fillers give you a background understanding of whats going on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DawgiiStylz For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (03-21-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Well sure, Naruto does have annoying flash backs a lot (Like it showing when he was as a kid and wasn't accepted) and a lot of others but I'd prefer to watch a minute or two of flashbacks then watch an entire episode of DragonBall Z where Frieza is just insulting Goku. There are some anime that I enjoy regardless of the fillers and other faults, Naruto is one of them. And there are some great fillers for anime in general, you just can't generalize anime and say every filler is bad.. there are some great ones out there.
    Hey, I'd rather take an episode of a villain being a villain than all this emo-bullshit with the "My pain is greater than your pain".

Yeah.......no. All filler is bad. If it was cannon and added something that could be used later, sure. But Naruto filler is exceptionally lazy. They don't even relate to the other filler, its just "whoops here have random adventures" except they aren't adventures, they are boring, have some of the most boring action, and horrible(i can't stress this enough) BAD BAD BAD writing.

But hey, if you watch naruto weekly, you are probably used to this and think its ok.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12