Thread: Dub or Sub?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    So no one likes dubs? Lol, in the sub or dub thread in 2009 everyone liked dub :P
    Dependent on the anime. If your watching some shit on adult swim versus current anime.


  2. #17
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I'd say about... 90% of Anime I watch is Subbed. I do watch Dubbed when I know it's good like: Code Geass, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

  3. #18
    daboi22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    behind my keyboard
    Posts
    1,254
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    89
    My Mood
    Mellow
    fuck subb, dubb can be very very bad, but id rather watch dub over sub cause wdf i hate reading especially if a series is dialog heavy like the last 2 episodes of evangelion that fucked me over because i had to pause every 2 seconds, still didnt understand shit :L u guys should support dub and not hate on it, to the general public who dont watch subbed shit, will be turned off because of the language barrier, the people who QQ the most about dubb anime are the people who have alrdy watched the subb,
    this is a signature

  4. #19
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by daboi22 View Post
    fuck subb, dubb can be very very bad, but id rather watch dub over sub cause wdf i hate reading especially if a series is dialog heavy like the last 2 episodes of evangelion that fucked me over because i had to pause every 2 seconds, still didnt understand shit :L u guys should support dub and not hate on it, to the general public who dont watch subbed shit, will be turned off because of the language barrier, the people who QQ the most about dubb anime are the people who have alrdy watched the subb,
    Dub is fine, if you want an inferior product. ANY form of media taken from its original source and substituted another language, is worse.

    Subs are always better, but they are not for everyone.
    --------------

    Dubs mainly suck now only due to the fact that whoever runs these american-anime studios is a fucking moron. They don't pay the VA's shit, they re-use them, some of the worse VA's get the main roles while the really good ones get side-characters, its just a mess.
    --------------------

    Dubs are fine if you prefer them, but subs are just a superior product. Kinda like McDonalds to Whataburger. Your gonna get a better burger in Whata, but some people just like McDonalds.


  5. #20
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Dub is fine, if you want an inferior product. ANY form of media taken from its original source and substituted another language, is worse.

    Subs are always better, but they are not for everyone.
    --------------

    Dubs mainly suck now only due to the fact that whoever runs these american-anime studios is a fucking moron. They don't pay the VA's shit, they re-use them, some of the worse VA's get the main roles while the really good ones get side-characters, its just a mess.
    --------------------

    Dubs are fine if you prefer them, but subs are just a superior product. Kinda like McDonalds to Whataburger. Your gonna get a better burger in Whata, but some people just like McDonalds.
    Even worse is watching an anime that has the same voice actor for multiple characters, I remember once watching an anime with 2 main characters with the same voice actor!

  6. #21
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hux's Slave [URL=http://www.mpgh.net/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1
    #1[/URL]7999840]Even worse is watching an anime that has the same voice actor for multiple characters, I remember once watching an anime with 2 main characters with the same voice actor!
    You should see the japanese culture anime. When VA can't pronounce shit it is just god awful.


  7. #22
    DawgiiStylz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dawg House
    Posts
    7,817
    Reputation
    219
    Thanks
    2,782
    My Mood
    Tired
    Some anime are good for dubbed.. lick devil may cry or gungrave

  8. #23
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by daboi22 View Post
    fuck subb, dubb can be very very bad, but id rather watch dub over sub cause wdf i hate reading especially if a series is dialog heavy like the last 2 episodes of evangelion that fucked me over because i had to pause every 2 seconds, still didnt understand shit :L u guys should support dub and not hate on it, to the general public who dont watch subbed shit, will be turned off because of the language barrier, the people who QQ the most about dubb anime are the people who have alrdy watched the subb,
    I see why you hate reading. Your grammar is atrocious.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  9. #24
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,508
    Sub has many benefits, how would I watch all the wonderful 2013 spring anime? Have you seen Shingeki no Kyojin? I'm not waiting 3 years for it to be dubbed.

  10. #25
    daboi22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    behind my keyboard
    Posts
    1,254
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    89
    My Mood
    Mellow
    fan subs are incorrect, we lose alot in translation sub (hence fan-sub), if a english dub exists for an anime id watch the dub first, all u guys hating on dub shows ur all fluent in Japanese. im not , and i do watch fan sub cause i have no choice (weekly animes). idk in the end if i understand the language that comes out, its more easier to comprehend whats going on.

    NOTE: our opinion may differ.
    this is a signature

  11. #26
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by daboi22 View Post
    fan subs are incorrect, we lose alot in translation sub (hence fan-sub), if a english dub exists for an anime id watch the dub first, all u guys hating on dub shows ur all fluent in Japanese. im not , and i do watch fan sub cause i have no choice (weekly animes). idk in the end if i understand the language that comes out, its more easier to comprehend whats going on.

    NOTE: our opinion may differ.
    You realize that dubs would be generally lost in translation a bit too right? It's not the sub or dub, it is the language. There is no solid translation for anything from one language to another. (They teach you this whenever you start to learn a new language.) The dubber/subber understands it in Japanese and then tries to find words that come close. Also your entire post was two sentences long because you used commas the entire way through.
    Last edited by Spaghetti Master; 04-25-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  12. #27
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by daboi22 View Post
    fan subs are incorrect, we lose alot in translation sub (hence fan-sub), if a english dub exists for an anime id watch the dub first, all u guys hating on dub shows ur all fluent in Japanese. im not , and i do watch fan sub cause i have no choice (weekly animes). idk in the end if i understand the language that comes out, its more easier to comprehend whats going on.

    NOTE: our opinion may differ.
    The fan subs are more often than not a better translation than you'll get on the dubbed version.


  13. #28
    sahias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    behind before yer brain
    Posts
    453
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Cold
    Vote for Subs :P

  14. #29
    SOON.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    766
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Sub, but some animes have good dub voice actors. Mostly just the popular animes such as Naruto,Bleach etc etc.

  15. #30
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by JavaC++ View Post
    Sub, but some animes have good dub voice actors. Mostly just the popular animes such as Naruto,Bleach etc etc.
    BUUUUUUUULIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    SOON. (04-29-2013)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM
  2. Subs or Dubs?
    By epshreeman5 in forum Anime
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 08:02 AM
  3. NO Trading in this SUB-FORUM
    By arunforce in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 05:37 AM
  4. get sub-sigs here
    By darkone1149 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
  5. Sub-Forums
    By Zededarian in forum Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2006, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread