That page was hilarious and kind of feelsy at the same time.
Edit 1: I could sit here all day linking the whole chapter, but I'll just say I'm really liking it. Minato's epic face as he goes out, Naruto's face when he realizes Sasuke is coming, so awesome. (Yes, I am freaking out, fuck off and let me enjoy my Naruto. :S)
Edit 2: And then Minato is using the other side of the Kyubi's chakra, and they seal the 10 tails, and Sasuke arrives...jesus this fucking chapter.
Edit 3: I fucking called it, I called it, I fucking said it. Sasuke wants to become Hokage, and that can totally lead into a Naruto/Sasuke fight later, I fucking called it.
Final Note: Team 7, all reunited, going to fight again. And we MAY (if we're lucky) even see a new Sakura power, this chapter is so fucking epic.
P.S: Next issue, color cover. Fuck yeah.
Last edited by scotbud123; 05-22-2013 at 05:02 AM.
I took a nap from like 11PM-2AM since the manga usually comes out at 3 AM EST. It came out at about 6, 3 hours later. Sadly, a bunch of anime-related Facebook pages found raw scans of 631 and started spoiling it so I knew what was going to happen.
Anyways back on topic. I loved this chapter, I truly and honestly did. It had the serious, yet comedy aspect to it. Here's something I noticed/wanted to point out about this chapter:
- Minato showing us that he deserved his title of Hokage by saving a huge portion of the Alliance by transporting the Bijuu bomb to the ocean in a flash. (Get it? )
- Minato then asked Naruto if Sakura was his girlfriend and he said "something like that", which she followed up by hitting him. But what made this even better was further into the page is shows Hinata was a super confused look on her face.
- Then the other 3 Hokages get here and everyone shits bricks.
- (I'm saving this part for last because it's my absolute favorite)
- Minato once again showing his prowess, activates Kyuubi Mode chakra and already has seals across the terrain to get this sealing/holding jutsu underway.
- We get a glimpse of Hashirama going what is to believed be "Sage Mode", but despite what people say I still don't think it's Sennin-mode. He's way too strong for that in his base form, why go Sage Mode? Anyways, that's just me.
- Sasuke arrives and essentially everyone of the Konoha 11 (namely Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, Choji,) are not pleased to see him, to say the least.
- He then says he wants to become Hokage, which everyone, with the exception of Naruto, thinks it's some sort of joke.
- Naruto and Sasuke get ready to join the fight when Sakuseless says "Do you think i'm a weak woman" (which answers itself) Nonetheless she says she's been saving her chakra for the past 629 chapters and is ready to do something.
Now... my absolute favorite part of the chapter...
Madara has been waiting SOOOO long to fight Hashirama just for him to say "I'll take care you you later!" Then that blank expression on his face... priceless. Madara's feelings got shitted on. I also noticed Madara didn't really do anything while the Juubi was being restrained, but then again Hashirama's here. Who gives a fuck?
Another great thing about this chapter is it's potential to make a great follow-up. Okay Minato is in Bijuu mode, the 4 Hokages are restraining the Juubi, Madara is itching for a fight, and we have yet to see EMS Sasuke's full potential, and this might be your chance to change everyone's opinion about Sakura. It's your move Kishi. What're you going to do?
Didn't know Minato could go Kyuubi mode. That surprised me, yet I see how that could of happened.
Sasuke a lil good boy now and wants to become hokage.. He needa make up his damn mind
Hirashima vs Madara. I can't wait to see this rematch, but Hirashima fired him.. lol
and wheres Orichimaru?
I can see WHY you guys would say/think like this, but a LOT, like.... A LOT of people want Orochimaru to be the final villian. Which is still possible at this point. He might have other motives.
I understand he is most likely going to the the big enemy after the war or even do something during the war but Orochimaru time has passed imo, I hate when people who were previously weak come back with power out of nowhere.
I'm sorry, but this is just bad. The writing, is so very very awful.
Unless sasuke somehow betrays naruto or some shit, this has entirely become a shitfest. Orochimaru the final villain? Relevance. He's been irrelevant for over 2-3 years now and is still in that position.
Midara just got ignored, so that's out.
Idk, it just seems kishi keeps taking the steps towards bland, boring, and quite stupid writing.
You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
Originally Posted by Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Did you also notice the lack of Orochimaru in the chapter too?
Oh yeah, he's totally fucking plotting something.
Originally Posted by Tamashimasen
Now my memory isn't the best Minato can enter Bijuu mode because he split the 9 tails between himself and naruto when he died right? if so do you think he'll give it to naruto after all this.
Yeah, I even said that when Minato first got revived. My first thought was that he was just going to give it to Naruto straight up, I didn't even expect KCM from him, at ALL.
---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------
Plus, I was watching Saywer's review and he raised an interesting point. When Sasuke said that he wanted to be Hokage, who (besides Naruto) was the only one who didn't freak the fuck out, and who was just standing there with exclamation marks when Minato dropped that NaruSaku bomb?
Plus, Sasuke has always said that he hates loud and annoying people, and Hinata is quiet as fuck. This, plus what Minato said, AND Naruto's response, makes me think. Could we possibly see NaruSaku, and SasuHina?
Oh, he also pointed out that once the 10 tails hits its third form, this barrier + gate shit that the Hokage did? It's probably going to break like a cookie.
Last edited by scotbud123; 05-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.