Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Pillows and Poo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Byousoku 5 Centimeter & Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

    Last night I had some free time so I decided to watch some movies that were recommended to me by some friends these were (in the order I watched them in):

    1. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo(Linked)
    2. Byousoku 5 Centimeter(Linked)



    These two were an amazing watch. At the end of Byousoku I was so moved I wanted to cry (lel). The main thing that was felt across both of these movies was their relationships or in layman's terms love. The end of Toki was so unclear. What did he mean when he'll be back? The aunt had her heart broken by a guy. She's an art restorer. Chiaki wants that same painting restored. That isn't a coincidence. Chiaki knows that that painting will not be restored in one lifetime, so he found a girl just graduating who didn't know what she was going to do with her life, now she wants to restore painting. He'll continue getting girls to do it. He's actually a con artist and that kind of ruined it for me. Anyways.

    What do you think of these movies if you have seen either one or both? If you haven't seen it go watch it.

  2. #2
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,337
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,804
    I watched Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo a few months back. The animation and story was great. Also on a side note, there is a live adaption of Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo with a slightly altered plot. It's on netflix.

  3. #3
    daboi22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    behind my keyboard
    Posts
    1,256
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    89
    My Mood
    Mellow
    i like summer wars and wolf children, but centimeters per second is my fav for some reason probs cause it was the first anime movie i ever saw... all pull on ur heart strings one way or another !
    this is a signature

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Loved both movies. You should definitely check out Summer Wars and Wolf Children.

  5. #5
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ditto on the recommendations of Summer and Wolf.


    If its 5cmps, I recommend Voices of a Distant star, personally I enjoyed it more.


  6. #6
    Pillows and Poo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Inspired
    It's funny cause I watched summer wars the day before I watched those two. I don't know how I forgot. Summer Wars was actually awesome, I loved the plot, characters, art and animation. I've heard about Wolf Child so I'll check that out but I've never heard of "Voice of a Distant Star" so I'll check that out too.

  7. #7
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillows and Poo View Post
    It's funny cause I watched summer wars the day before I watched those two. I don't know how I forgot. Summer Wars was actually awesome, I loved the plot, characters, art and animation. I've heard about Wolf Child so I'll check that out but I've never heard of "Voice of a Distant Star" so I'll check that out too.
    Might as well watch Makoto Shinkai's other movies, they're all really good and in similar style.

  8. #8
    Pillows and Poo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Might as well watch Makoto Shinkai's other movies, they're all really good and in similar style.
    I think I'll do that after I finish the C:The money of soul and possibility control.

  9. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillows and Poo View Post


    I think I'll do that after I finish the C:The money of soul and possibility control.
    C : The money of soul and possibility control..........was iffy.

    Good idea, done already, but sure.

    But for some reason they skipped out on some of the fights, and had a very bad misunderstanding of economics.


    Good animation, iffy combat(skips ending or entrance), lame story, about mediocre for an anime.
    ---------------


    If you ever learn about economics, don't watch this anime. I had a fit with them trying to use an arbitrary limit for an "apocalypse" and how entire countries just went "boop" from the random limit.
    Last edited by Empire; 08-06-2013 at 01:13 PM.


  10. #10
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,569
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,340
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    C : The money of soul and possibility control..........was iffy.

    Good idea, done already, but sure.

    But for some reason they skipped out on some of the fights, and had a very bad misunderstanding of economics.


    Good animation, iffy combat(skips ending or entrance), lame story, about mediocre for an anime.
    ---------------


    If you ever learn about economics, don't watch this anime. I had a fit with them trying to use an arbitrary limit for an "apocalypse" and how entire countries just went "boop" from the random limit.
    As someone who studied economics for 3 years, I think I'll shy away from that.

  11. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    As someone who studied economics for 3 years, I think I'll shy away from that.
    Its fun to laugh at though, so there is that.


  12. #12
    Pillows and Poo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    322
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    C : The money of soul and possibility control..........was iffy.

    Good idea, done already, but sure.

    But for some reason they skipped out on some of the fights, and had a very bad misunderstanding of economics.


    Good animation, iffy combat(skips ending or entrance), lame story, about mediocre for an anime.
    ---------------


    If you ever learn about economics, don't watch this anime. I had a fit with them trying to use an arbitrary limit for an "apocalypse" and how entire countries just went "boop" from the random limit.
    To be honest I only watched it for its animation and art style. I liked them both. I've finished Wolf Children. It was pretty good the ending wasn't good enough for me though.

Similar Threads

  1. Why i hate shoujo
    By Empire in forum Anime
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. [Info] Clan{AMp}
    By n1kko in forum CrossFire Clan Recruitment & Advertising
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2009, 05:23 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
  4. AMP Energy Drink Coupon - Free 4 PK of AMP
    By I Am Cornholio in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 09:00 PM
  5. Oky toky :D BF Heroes hack!!!
    By Syync in forum Battlefield Heroes Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 04:34 AM