Premium Member
    Thanks

Anime/Manga News (10/4/13)

2nd Edition
    10/4/13

---

Anime News

Funimation Unveils Evangelion 3.0's English Dub Cast

North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced the English dub cast for its upcoming release of the Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo film on Friday. The cast is as follows:

• Shinji - Spike Spencer
    • Kaworu - Jerry Jewell
    • Asuka - Tiffany Grant
    • Rei - Brina Palencia
    • Misato - Allison Keith-Shipp
    • Ritsuko - Colleen Clinkenbeard
    • Mari - Trina Nishimura
    • Fuyutsuki - Kent Williams
    • Gendo - John Swasey
    • Kitakami - Tia Ballard
    • Sakura - Felecia Angelle
    • Aoba - Phil Parsons
    • Takao - Greg Dulcie
    • Tama - Aaron Roberts
    • Hyuga - Mike McFarland
    • Nagara - Krishna Smitha
    • Ibuki - Caitlin Glass

New York Comic Con will host a screening of the dub on its Main Stage on Friday, October 11 at 8:00 p.m. with the English dub's ADR director Mike McFarland and Spencer.

The third film in Hideaki Anno's four-part remake of Gainax's Neon Genesis Evangelion anime series earned more than 5.1 billion yen during its theater run. While the first film hewed closely to the original television series, the second film went in a different direction, and the third film went still further in its own storyline.

New York Comic Con will be held at the Javits Center in New York City on October 10-13.

---

Noriaki Sugiyama, Daisuke Kishio Join Meganebu! Anime's Cast

More cast members for the Meganebu! anime were announced on Saturday:

Sugiaki Noriyama (Naruto's Sasuke, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion's Rivalz) as William Satou, a high school third-year student. He is the the president of the Himaraya 3rd Technical High School student council. William is half-Japanese and half-British, and thinks about Himaraya High School more than anyone. He has chronic stomach pains. William's favorite kind of glasses are round titanium frames.

Mitsuaki Madono (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion's Kaname, Ranma ˝: Nihao My Concubine's Prince Toma) as Lorenzo Watanabe, the vice-president of the Himaraya High School student council. He is half-Japanese and half-German. He quietly watches over the student council. He is fairly sadistic when it comes to Satou.

Daisuke Kishio (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch's Kaito, Durarara!!'s Yuuhei) as Maximilian Takahashi, a second-year high school student and a member of the student council. He is half Japanese and half Italian. He has an affection for the stage, and often overreacts.

Chihiro Suzuki (Disgaea's Vyers, Tales of the Abyss's Luke) as Tetsu Suzuki, a second-year in high school and the only full-Japanese member of the student council. He is known in his class as “#3,” and hate Souma for giving him that nickname. His favorite type of glasses are Fox Cell Frames.

Mitsuo Iwata (Koi suru Tenshi Angelique - Kagayaki no Ashita's Zephel, Initial D's Itsuki) as Antonio Tanaka, a first-year high school student in the student council. He is half-Japanese and half-Brazilian. He has a joyous personality, though his Japanese skills are the only ones that are out of place in the student council.

---

Sentai Filmworks Adds Diabolik Lovers Vampire TV Anime

North American licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Thursday that it has licensed the television anime adaptation of Rejet's Diabolik Lovers vampire drama CD/PSP game. The company plans to release the series on home video in 2014 after streaming the series "through select digital outlets." Crunchyroll is currently streaming the series as it airs.

The story centers around the six sadistic Sakamaki vampire brothers. Yui Komori is a positive-thinking girl who nevertheless is troubled by seeing spirits and experiencing poltergeist phenomena. In her second year in high school, she transfers to a new school — a night school for entertainers and celebrities — due to her father's work. There are rumors that there are vampires among the student body, and Yui ends up living with the Sakamaki brothers.

Shinobu Tagashira (D.C. ~Da Capo~ character designer/chief animation director, Is This a Zombie? character designer) is directing the anime at studio ZEXCS (D.C. ~Da Capo~, Flowers of Evil, Say, "I Love You".). Yuuko Yahiro (B Gata H Kei - Yamada’s First Time) is adapting Satoi's original designs for the animation, and Seiko Nagatsu (Futari wa Precure Splash Star, Mokke) is in charge of the series scripts. Yuuki Hayashi (Robotics;Notes, Blood Lad) is composing the music.

The game's original cast is returning for the anime adaptation.

• Hikaru Midorikawa as Ayato Sakamaki
    • Yuuki Kaji as Kanato Sakamaki
    • Daisuke Hirakawa as Raito Sakamaki
    • Kousuke Toriumi as Shū Sakamaki
    • Katsuyuki Konishi as Reiji Sakamaki
    • Takashi Kondo as Subaru Sakamaki

Midorikawa and Toriumi are performing the show's theme song "Mr. Sadistic Night."

The show premiered in Japan on September 16.

---

Special Anime Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Cast Confirmed!

The special anime Ansatsu Kyoushitsu cast is confirmed from the 44th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The special anime is adapted by the manga “Ansatsu Kyoushitsu” and it will be shown at Jump Super Anime Tour from October 6, 2013 to November 24, 2013. Jump Super Anime Tour is an event that takes places in several big cities around Japan where anime is shown on big screens for invited fans.

-PLOT-
    The special anime will adapt the original manga's popular segment about the field trip to ancient Kyoto. The Assassination between Korosensei and students will begin! Will the assassination success?

Cast is as follows:
    Korosensei: Tomokazu Seki
    Nagisa Shiota: Nao Tōyama
    Kaede Kayano: Ayana Taketatsu
    Karma Akabane: Nobuhiko Okamoto
    Yukiko Kanzaki: Rina Satō
    Tadaomi Karasuma: Junichi Suwabe
    Irina Jelavić: Yui Horie
    Red Eye: Shinichirō Miki

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室) is a Japanese shonen manga written by Matsui Yuusei. The story of the original manga begins after 70% of the moon was suddenly vaporized in an explosion by a powerful creature. The creature claims to destroy the earth within a year, but he offers mankind a chance to avert this fate. At the class 3-E at Kunugiga Junior High School, he starts working as a homeroom teacher where he teaches his students not only regular subjects, but the ways of assassination.

---

'Tokyo Ravens' Anime to Premiere on October 8

The official site for the upcoming anime 'Tokyo Ravens' announced that it will premiere Tokyo MX and other TV stations on October 8(Tuesday).

The anime is adapted from Kouhei Azano's popular fantasy light novel series of the same name illustrated by Sumihei and published by Fujimi Shobou. It is directed by Takaomi Kanasaki at 8-Bit studios(IS -Infinite Stratos-, Busou Shinki), with character designs by Atsuko Watanabe, and series composition by Hideyuki Kurata (Oreimo, The World God Only Knows).

The story centers around Harutora, a boy from a branch of the Tsuchimikado family of onmyodo occult practitioners. However, he can't see spirit energy, so he is now just an ordinary high school student. Natsume, a girl who was Harutora's childhood friend and the next head of the Tsuchimikado family, reunites with Harutora and changes his life.

-Staff-

• Director: Takaomi Kanasaki
    • Series Composition: Hideyuki Kurata
    • Character Design: Atsuko Watanabe
    • Animation Production: 8-Bit

-Cast-

• Ishikawa Kaito as Tsuchimikado Harutora
    • Hanazawa Kana as Tsuchimikado Natsume
    • Kanemoto Hisako as Hokuto
    • Kimura Ryohei as Ato Touji
    • Sakura Ayane as Dairenji Suzuka
    • Toyosaki Aki as Kon
    • Kitamura Eri as Kyoko Kurahashi
    • Shimono Hiro as Momoe Tenma

---

Manga/Gaming News

Shinjuku Swan's Wakui Starts New Manga in December

This year's 45th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Young Magazine is revealing on Monday that Shinjuku Swan author Ken Wakui will begin a new manga in the magazine's 2014 fourth and fifth combined issue, which Kodansha will ship on December 21. The tagline for the manga reads, "The main character is this boy: Nana Kaneda. He will cause a world-wide revolution!!"

Wakui just ended his Shinjuku Swan manga in the magazine's same issue. He began the manga revolving around a young scout in the Kabukichō red-light district of Tokyo's Shinjuku ward in 2005, and Kodansha will publish the 37th volume on Friday. The manga inspired a six-episode live-action television series in 2007, and also a live-action film that was announced this year.

---

Fight Ippatsu! Jūden-chan!! Manga Ends Next Month

The November issue of Wani Books' Comic Gum magazine announced on Thursday that Bow Ditama's Fight Ippatsu! Jūden-chan!! manga will end in the December issue on October 26.

Ditama launched the series in 2006, and the ninth compiled volume shipped last year. The series was adapted into an anime in 2009, which Crunchyroll streamed as it aired in Japan. North American distributor Media Blasters plans to release the series on home video.

The science-fiction comedy manga revolves around Plug, a mysterious woman who came to our world from a parallel world with the ability to "charge" up dejected people.

Ditama previously drew the art for Bunjuro Nakayama's Mahoromatic manga and created the Kiss×sis manga. He currently draws the four-panel comic Tō-chan wa Itsumo Shigotoba for Hobby Japan's online magazine Comic Dangan.

---

Medaka Box Joins Shonen Jump Crossover Game J-Stars Victory Vs.

This year's 45th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the Medaka Kurokami and Misogi Kumagawa characters from NisiOisin and Akira Akatsuki's Medaka Box manga are joining the lineup of Namco Bandai Games' J-Stars Victory Vs. "team battle action" video game. Specifically, Medaka will be able to move at the speed of light in her Ranshin mode, while Misogi is a support-only character that can weaken opponents that are hit with his screw weapons.

Previously announced characters include Toriko (Toriko), Luffy (One Piece), Goku (Dragon Ball Z), Naruto's title character, Rurouni Kenshin's Kenshin Himura, Gintama's Gintoki Sakata, Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo's Kankichi Ryotsu, Hunter x Hunter's Gon Freecss, and Yū Yū Hakusho's Yūsuke Urameshi. The rival characters Sasuke (Naruto Shippūden), Vegeta (Dragon Ball), Zebra (Toriko), Jaguar (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar), and Tarō (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-) are also joining the roster. Fans could vote for some of the characters that will be featured in the game.

The 3D fighting game will allow players to use Naruto's "Shadow Clone," Luffy's "Gum Gum Stamp," Toriko's "Nail Punch," Goku's "Kamehameha," Yūsuke's "Spirit Gun," Gon's "Janken Gū," and other famous moves from Jump characters.

Namco Bandai Games is launching the "ultimate Jump game" on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems.

---

Attack on Titan 3DS Game's Showcased in Gameplay Video

The video begins by showing how the game promises to relive Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga and anime with "3D Maneuvering action."

In the game's story mode, the player controls Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and other members of the ****** Corps as they take on the invading giants. At the beginning of this mode, the player can only play as Eren, but as the game progresses, the player can choose Mikasa and Armin. Enterbrain's Famitsu magazine teases that Levi and other characters might be available as well. The characters use the story's signature 3D manuever gear for "speedy action."

In each mission, the computer control allies who fight alongside the player. If allies are captured, the player can rescue them by cutting the Titans' arms before the humans are eaten. Naturally, if the characters are eaten by the giants, the player fails the mission and the game is over.

Up to four players can cooperate in the game's multiplayer mode. The video demonstrates how players can also make, customize, and train their own characters.

Spike Chunsoft will ship the game in Japan on December 5 for 6,090 yen (about US$61).

---

AMV of the Week

Last edited by Color; 10-05-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Color For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Raple (10-18-2013),Spaghetti Master (10-15-2013)

Thanks
    Good job, quality work.

Will read whole thing later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I love ya man the real dank God
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Trump Protesters
    "rip the stocks, ur munny is goner" - "ww3 is coming america!!1 trump is the new hitler" - "TOTALLY UNFAIR RIGGED FACISM" - "fuck this im moving to cana... FUCK THE IMMIGRATION SITE IS DOWN!"
    luv u 2 bb

Steam Minion - November 2016
    Moderator - October 2016
    Other MMORPGs Minion - August 2016
    Minion+ - April 2016
    Runescape Minion - March 2016
    Official News Team Editor - March 2016
    Official News Team Interviewer - March 2016
    Official News Team (Global News) - February 2016
    AVA Minion - November 2015
    Minecraft Minion - October 2015
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - July 2015
    Official Publicist - April 2015
    Official Middle Man - April 2015

Resigned - March 2015
    Official News Team Freelancer - December 2014
    Official Middle Man - November 2014
    BattleOn Minion - October 2014
    Minecraft Minion - October 2014
    Minion+ - August 2014
    Steam Minion - May 2014
    Runescape Minion - March 2014
    Donator (Thanks to Jov!) - March 2014
    Official News Team Interviewer - February 2014
    Realm of the Mad God Minion - January 2014
    Official Middle Man - December 2013
    Realm of the Mad God Manager - September 2013
    Realm of the Mad God Editor
    - July 2013

My current, long term goals.
    -10k posts
    -2k rep ~i did it
    -100k profile views
    -get mod ~i did it

Thanks
    Assassination classroom gets a special? FUCK YES. The arc it's covering is really entertaining also, really looking forward it to.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good job Twatwaffle McDipshit.

But god damn, those drawings.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ pass on everything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Good Job Color.

Editor - N/A
    Donator - 30 August 2013
    Battlefield Minion - 26 October 2013
    Blackshot Minion - 14 January 2014/16 September 2014
    Minecraft Minion - 7 February 2014/16 September 2014
    WarRock Minion - 23 February 2014
    League of Legends Minion - 21 March 2014

Minion+ - 15 May 2014
    Other Semi-Popular First Person Shooter Minion - 8 August 2014
    CrossFire Minion - 23 October 2014
    Programming Section Minion - 13 November 2014
    Marketplace Minion - 7 December 2014

Official Middleman - 7 December 2014 - 27 June 2015
    Moderator - 29 December 2014
    Project Blackout Minion - 10 January 2015
    News Force Interviewer - January 2015
    Steam Games Minion - 21 March 2015
    Dragon Nest Minion - 31 March 2015
    Publicist - April 2015 - 21 September 2015
    Global Moderator - 25 August 2015
    Super User - 13 August 2016

Here ends the legend of me; may I rest in peace.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    That Sakurasou AMV <3 <3 <3 <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Evangelion
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Nice job Twatmuffle.

Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion since 10•10•2011
    Minion+ since 01•06•2012
    Moderator since 08•08•2012
    Global Moderator since 10•06•2012
    Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014

[] [] [] [][]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    COLOR IS GAY.
    PS: Nice work
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/

Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

Previous name: Hax3rman

Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.

My current favorite song

Thanks
    Do want the default font, poserblue
    Good job tho
    Official Sheep and Sheepfucker group

[X]
    Crossfire minion since 06-12-2011
    Minecraft minion since 06-20-2011
    Moderator since 08-17-2011
    Global Moderator since 09-10-2011
    Super User since 08-27-2012
    [X] [X] [X]

Threadstarter
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Anime news will be delayed until NEXT Friday, going out of state to attend a family funeral, will have twice as much of everything on the next anime news.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I have a friend who only ever watched dubs, he's going to be glad about the Evangelion news.

And that Shingeki game looks pretty sick. Moments like this make me happy to have a 3DS. =D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twatwaffle McDipshit View Post
    Anime news will be delayed until NEXT Friday, going out of state to attend a family funeral, will have twice as much of everything on the next anime news.
    Alright, I'll just go here you probably just copy and paste from that website anyways.