Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    fireslasher1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In your nightmares.
    Posts
    105
    Reputation
    74
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Mellow
    It all started with DBZ and Bleach for me.

  2. #17
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    There's a HUGE difference between American and Japanese cartoons but that should be pretty damn obvious. With thousands of mangaka writing and only a few getting anime adaptions compared to the american way it's quite a bit different. Though neither american's nor Japanese created animation it's fair to say that Japanese improved animation and made it popular. Also you can't forget about all the grotesque things that Japanese people animate while Americans can't because it's either immoral or illegal ex; lolicon. So Japanese animation overall is better and not limited like American animation.
    Americans have animated some VERY fucked up shit, you just never really hear about these movies because they don't get pushed that hard. If you want some excellent tier animation, great stories, and fairly mature themes, watch some of the DC Original Animated Movies. Or the Marvel Animated Movies. Some of these like "Batman: Gotham Knight" (which takes place in Nolan's universe) or "Ironman: Rise of Technovore" are even "anime" because of their art style + they're made in Japan.

    And I don't know what you're saying, American's have caused a lot of improvements in animation too. Hell, they started animation. Anime was the Japanese's response to America's animation. I'm not going to say one if better than the other, because they both have great content. The difference is, there's a lot more watered down cartoons for kids, so you may have to look a little bit harder for the good stuff. It's still there though, and there's quite an ample amount of it.

    At the end of the day, even if I like American stuff a little bit more, my favorite story across any medium (Naruto) is an anime. They're both great, and anyone who says one or the other sucks is an idiot.








     





















  3. #18
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Americans have animated some VERY fucked up shit, you just never really hear about these movies because they don't get pushed that hard. If you want some excellent tier animation, great stories, and fairly mature themes, watch some of the DC Original Animated Movies. Or the Marvel Animated Movies. Some of these like "Batman: Gotham Knight" (which takes place in Nolan's universe) or "Ironman: Rise of Technovore" are even "anime" because of their art style + they're made in Japan.

    And I don't know what you're saying, American's have caused a lot of improvements in animation too. Hell, they started animation. Anime was the Japanese's response to America's animation. I'm not going to say one if better than the other, because they both have great content. The difference is, there's a lot more watered down cartoons for kids, so you may have to look a little bit harder for the good stuff. It's still there though, and there's quite an ample amount of it.

    At the end of the day, even if I like American stuff a little bit more, my favorite story across any medium (Naruto) is an anime. They're both great, and anyone who says one or the other sucks is an idiot.
    Eh.

    Most cartoons are for a younger audience, even the more mature DC/Marvel stuff looks pretty bad or isn't mature really, and that's like 1/10 for every one the produce. Even then, a lot of the comic-cartoons are awful and animated with very slow/bad animation, which is again, because of the intended audience.

    Not that American's cartoons suck, but its just for a lower aged audience than anime.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-30-2013 at 08:54 PM.


  4. #19
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Eh.

    Most cartoons are for a younger audience, even the more mature DC/Marvel stuff looks pretty bad or isn't mature really, and that's like 1/10 for every one the produce. Even then, a lot of the comic-cartoons are awful and animated with very slow/bad animation, which is again, because of the intended audience.

    Not that American's cartoons suck, but its just for a lower aged audience than anime.
    Fairly clear you haven't seen any of the films I linked, especially the DC ones. The animation on those are top of the line, go watch them, they're really good.

    Want my opinion on the best one so you can start? Batman: Under the Red Hood. It's an hour and 15 minutes long...and it came out in 2010, so keep in mind it's over 3 years old when watching it, and you'll still see the beauty in the animation (assuming you're watching it in 1080p). And in terms of comic vs manga, you can't REALLY sit there and try to say that manga are in higher quality...

    1 guy working on something VS an entire team, I wonder what's going to have higher quality.








     





















  5. #20
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Fairly clear you haven't seen any of the films I linked, especially the DC ones. The animation on those are top of the line, go watch them, they're really good.

    Want my opinion on the best one so you can start? Batman: Under the Red Hood. It's an hour and 15 minutes long...and it came out in 2010, so keep in mind it's over 3 years old when watching it, and you'll still see the beauty in the animation (assuming you're watching it in 1080p). And in terms of comic vs manga, you can't REALLY sit there and try to say that manga are in higher quality...

    1 guy working on something VS an entire team, I wonder what's going to have higher quality.

    If you watched any really nice anime from animation studios unlike Studio Pierrot you would realize that it's animation was weak as hell. Though I enjoyed the movie itself, talented animators in Japan are on a whole different level. And you read Naruto and you don't complain about the artwork so I would assume you haven't read anything from a talented mangka. Japanese dominate anime and comics this is without a doubt true. And don't forgot that anime studios release weekly while that movie probably took at least a few months to animate.


  6. #21
    AQWorldsWhiteKnight890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    209
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    One of my friends only watches/reads Naruto and Harem... he has every single volume for Naruto and cosplay.
    When I told him to watch Hunter x Hunter, Gintama and Bakemonogatari, he said they were shit before watching and said Naruto was the best
    Gintama is definitely one of the funniest animes I have ever watched.
    Moved to a different account: RedSpectrum.

  7. #22
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Fairly clear you haven't seen any of the films I linked, especially the DC ones. The animation on those are top of the line, go watch them, they're really good.

    Want my opinion on the best one so you can start? Batman: Under the Red Hood. It's an hour and 15 minutes long...and it came out in 2010, so keep in mind it's over 3 years old when watching it, and you'll still see the beauty in the animation (assuming you're watching it in 1080p). And in terms of comic vs manga, you can't REALLY sit there and try to say that manga are in higher quality...

    1 guy working on something VS an entire team, I wonder what's going to have higher quality.
    Jeez, Its like you've never seen a dubbed anime before.


    I wouldn't want to go into comics vs manga, that is more preference and people who like comics don't really take to that well.(comic readers are very defensive).
    Last edited by Empire; 10-31-2013 at 02:53 AM.


  8. #23
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    If you watched any really nice anime from animation studios unlike Studio Pierrot you would realize that it's animation was weak as hell. Though I enjoyed the movie itself, talented animators in Japan are on a whole different level. And you read Naruto and you don't complain about the artwork so I would assume you haven't read anything from a talented mangka. Japanese dominate anime and comics this is without a doubt true. And don't forgot that anime studios release weekly while that movie probably took at least a few months to animate.

    I don't think you've read much from talented comic book artists, Jim Lee (who is Asian himself ironically, even if he was born and raised in America) shits down most mangka.

    The only counter-argument to this would be that there's more than one person working on that (the penciler, colorer, and many editors). I'm not saying one is better than the other, that would be far too big of a generalization (especially since they've both made masterpieces), so please don't try and say something as reductive as "one is better than the other" yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Jeez, Its like you've never seen a dubbed anime before.


    I wouldn't want to go into comics vs manga, that is more preference and people who like comics don't really take to that well.(comic readers are very defensive).
    That's ironic. Weeabos (anime equivalent to what you would call a Narutard) are the worst kinds of fucking fans. They think anime is the end all, and nothing else is allowed to even try and compare (when they've read 0 fucking comics and haven't seen anything but "Fairly Odd Parents" in terms of cartoons [which really doesn't even count]).

    Comic readers are a lot more open minded than most manga readers, you can't sit there and say this isn't true. Which one is better aside, the Otaku fandom is brutal.








     





















  9. #24
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I don't think you've read much from talented comic book artists, Jim Lee (who is Asian himself ironically, even if he was born and raised in America) shits down most mangka.

    The only counter-argument to this would be that there's more than one person working on that (the penciler, colorer, and many editors). I'm not saying one is better than the other, that would be far too big of a generalization (especially since they've both made masterpieces), so please don't try and say something as reductive as "one is better than the other" yourself.
    .[/COLOR][/FONT]
    I've read a few comics but not many, so I can't have an assertive argument over manga vs comics. I simply prefer manga because of the artwork style, color really does bother me and always have long before I found manga, I read novels often. Be it availability or visually, manga is more convenient for me.

  10. #25
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    I've read a few comics but not many, so I can't have an assertive argument over manga vs comics. I simply prefer manga because of the artwork style, color really does bother me and always have long before I found manga, I read novels often. Be it availability or visually, manga is more convenient for me.
    Manga is a lot easier to follow, I'll give you that. Comics have so many re-boots and different series that it can be pretty hard to follow at times.

    The only one that's pretty easy is the Green Lantern story arcs. They're pretty linear and don't get affected much by re-boots.








     





















  11. #26
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,383
    Reputation
    629
    Thanks
    974
    School Days. Was the first Anime I watched and got hooked from there, then began to branch out to other genres such as action, fantasy, and such.

  12. #27
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I don't think you've read much from talented comic book artists, Jim Lee (who is Asian himself ironically, even if he was born and raised in America) shits down most mangka.

    The only counter-argument to this would be that there's more than one person working on that (the penciler, colorer, and many editors). I'm not saying one is better than the other, that would be far too big of a generalization (especially since they've both made masterpieces), so please don't try and say something as reductive as "one is better than the other" yourself.




    That's ironic. Weeabos (anime equivalent to what you would call a Narutard) are the worst kinds of fucking fans. They think anime is the end all, and nothing else is allowed to even try and compare (when they've read 0 fucking comics and haven't seen anything but "Fairly Odd Parents" in terms of cartoons [which really doesn't even count]).

    Comic readers are a lot more open minded than most manga readers, you can't sit there and say this isn't true. Which one is better aside, the Otaku fandom is brutal.
    Comic book art is considerably different than manga art. Arguing one over the other would be preference. I could list several things I think make manga far superior but it would only make you more defensive and solve almost nothing.

    Anime is currently beating comic-based animation though, that much is clear.(in quality and sales).

    Funny you think comic fans are more "open minded"


    You yourself pretty much prove my argument for me here with your attacks if someone disagrees, the using of Weabos if someone has a different opinion(goku vs superman), and your hatred for MLP fans.

    :/ to call you open-minded would be a lie scot.

  13. #28
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Funny you think comic fans are more "open minded"


    You yourself pretty much prove my argument for me here with your attacks if someone disagrees, the using of Weabos if someone has a different opinion(goku vs superman), and your hatred for MLP fans.

    :/ to call you open-minded would be a lie scot.
    Well I'm a fan of both, and I don't attack people who disagree with me, I defend what I like against people (like you) who attack it. I use Weeaboos for idiots that know nothing about Superman and think they can comment on him, not people who have different opinions. (I.E: I wouldn't insult someone if they said "I like Goku more than Superman" but I would if they say stupid shit like "Superman can't blow a planet up, Goku Can"), and MLP is a cartoon, your argument is invalid.

    It's so ironic that you use the MLP thing as an example, you're the epitome of that for anime. You're a fucking anime elitist that thinks he knows everything and that everyone else's opinion doesn't matter next to yours. Look at how you insult the shit out of Naruto, SAO, and etc. And don't try to pull the excuse "I insult the show, not the fans", you've used the term Narutard and tried to call me an idiot more times than I can fucking count.

    There's more open-minded people in the world than me, that's for sure, but I'm a hell of a lot more open-minded than you.








     





















  14. #29
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Bleach got me into anime. Gantz/Berserk got me into manga.

  15. #30
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Bleach got me into anime. Gantz/Berserk got me into manga.
    Gantz was really good until the ending and Berserk will never end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What would you do if Jason broke into your house?
    By frozenasasin in forum General
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 05:35 AM
  3. What would you do if someone got you pissed off
    By powpowpow21 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
  4. What got you into your music Genre?
    By Zeinland in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
  5. What music are you into?
    By scooby107 in forum General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 01:32 AM