Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive

    Why you should watch Magi.

    End of this season(hopefully as it is the kingdom arc, and the last one ran 20 something episodes), GIANT war breaks out.


    Mhmm, with this animation, it will be a nice addition to most shonen fans as "have watched". Decent story-telling, nice theme/world, and a fun cast.

    Probably the best general shonen outside of HxH currently airing.
    ------------------------

    I suggest torrenting/downloading the episodes as they are released in HQ.


    Seasons:

    1. Magi: Labyrinth of Magic.
    2. Magi: Kingdom of Magic.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-27-2013 at 05:16 PM.


  2. #2
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,516
    I've been recommended Magi by a lot of my friends so I'll definitely check it out sometime soon. Right now I'm watching the .hack series and it's pretty good so far.

  3. #3
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    End of this season(hopefully as it is the kingdom arc, and the last one ran 20 something episodes), GIANT war breaks out.


    Mhmm, with this animation, it will be a nice addition to most shonen fans as "have watched". Decent story-telling, nice theme/world, and a fun cast.

    Probably the best general shonen outside of HxH currently airing.
    ------------------------

    I suggest torrenting/downloading the episodes as they are released in HQ.


    Seasons:

    1. Magi: Labyrinth of Magic.
    2. Magi: Kingdom of Magic.
    I like it as well, but it isn't the best anime I have seen this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  4. #4
    Ayumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    female
    Location
    LoL Section
    Posts
    2,065
    Reputation
    266
    Thanks
    305
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    i like magi its a awesome anime ^-^ totally recommend it

  5. #5
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,818
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    664
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Might watch it but not so soon. Thanks for recommendation.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    I like it as well, but it isn't the best anime I have seen this season.
    Well yeah.....

    I mean with Kill la kil, kyoukai no kanata, and monogatari, I'd be hard pressed to beat that with a shonen.


  7. #7
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well yeah.....

    I mean with Kill la kil, kyoukai no kanata, and monogatari, I'd be hard pressed to beat that with a shonen.
    Well I don't really watch Kill, or Monogatari that much.
    I like Log Horizon and Strike The Blood a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  8. #8
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,516
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Well I don't really watch Kill, or Monogatari that much.
    I like Log Horizon and Strike The Blood a lot more.
    HERESY! KILL HIM!
    Log Horizon is all right (ripoff tho) and Strike The Blood is all right for what it is... but beating Kill La Kill or Monogatari?
    IMPOSSIBLE!

  9. #9
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    HERESY! KILL HIM!
    Log Horizon is all right (ripoff tho) and Strike The Blood is all right for what it is... but beating Kill La Kill or Monogatari?
    IMPOSSIBLE!
    I am sorry I just don't see much action in Kill or Monogatari.
    Log Horizon can't really be a rip off. If you are thinking of SAO, then you are even more wrong.
    Strike The Blood is really good, a lot of vampires and other shit.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 10-28-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  10. #10
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,516
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    I am sorry I just don't see much action in Kill or Monogatari.
    Log Horizon can't really be a rip off. If you are thinking of SAO, then you are even more wrong.
    Strike The Blood is really good, a lot of vampires and other shit.
    there's tons of action in Kill La Kill. And speaking about Monogatari, from what I know from the other seasons its better because it doesn't spamfuck action scenes everywhere. And Log Horizon? The storyline is insanely basic and copied and pasted from SAO with different characters though of course SAO didn't have that much originality either considering most people call it a .hack ripoff which is pretty accurate. And to say that Log Horizon is a direct copy from SAO really wouldn't be a lie either considering it's manga started publishing right around the time SAO was all the hype and it was trying to ride that hype.

  11. #11
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    there's tons of action in Kill La Kill. And speaking about Monogatari, from what I know from the other seasons its better because it doesn't spamfuck action scenes everywhere. And Log Horizon? The storyline is insanely basic and copied and pasted from SAO with different characters though of course SAO didn't have that much originality either considering most people call it a .hack ripoff which is pretty accurate. And to say that Log Horizon is a direct copy from SAO really wouldn't be a lie either considering it's manga started publishing right around the time SAO was all the hype and it was trying to ride that hype.
    There is where you are even more wrong.
    Log Horizon isn't a rip off of SAO, different characters, different plot, different world.
    No one really dies in Log Horizon and the main character isn't the strongest, instead is he the smartest best mage.
    SAO doesn't really have magic till you get to the Elder Tale, which they hardly ever use magic.

    If I call Log Horizon a rip off then SAO would be a rip off .HACK, but that is still not true.


    Kill, as I said didn't have action for me to even consider it a show I would want to watch all the time.
    Right now Kill La kill is doing ok for this fall, but its not the best.

    1. Magi 2
    2. Kuroko’s Basketball 2
    3. Valvrave the Liberator 2
    4. Little Busters! Refrain
    5. Gingitsune
    6. My Mental Multiple-Choice Power is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy
    7. Unbreakable Machine Doll (A really good anime to watch)
    8. Kill la Kill
    9. Ace of the Diamond
    10. Yozakura Quartet: Hana no uta
    11. Kyoukai no Kanata
    12. Nagi no Asu Kara
    13. Wanna Be the Strongest in the World!
    14. Golden Time
    15. Yowamushi Pedal
    16. Samurai Flamenco
    17. Infinite Stratos 2
    18. Coppelion
    19. Phi Brain 3
    20. Meganebu!

    Poll that was taken from Crunchyroll's website.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 10-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  12. #12
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    I am sorry I just don't see much action in Kill or Monogatari.
    Log Horizon can't really be a rip off. If you are thinking of SAO, then you are even more wrong.
    Strike The Blood is really good, a lot of vampires and other shit.
    No...log horizon is more of a generic fantasy series with video game overtones. Although I think it would benefit a lot more to just do away with the video game stuff and make it just fantasy.
    -It basically just rips off (just like sao) the .hack or tron series, though more on the .hack series since its basically.... the same without a good plot/characters or emphasis on world.
    -On episode 4, the current one, they talk about cast times and cooldowns, but show nothing for it, the talk about 1v1 duels then allow healers, they use "classes" as if it really makes a difference.
    -Log horizon is a show about a mmorpg for those who have either never played one or never watched another video game anime. Its quite honestly horrendous for anyone who is familiar with both.
    ================================================== =
    Strike the blood is a harem anime with a boring plot and harem-style "combat". I'd honestly like another badass vampire series after hellsing/jojo, but this one does nothing but dissapoint me.
    -These harem series are quite bad honestly.

    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    there's tons of action in Kill La Kill. And speaking about Monogatari, from what I know from the other seasons its better because it doesn't spamfuck action scenes everywhere. And Log Horizon? The storyline is insanely basic and copied and pasted from SAO with different characters though of course SAO didn't have that much originality either considering most people call it a .hack ripoff which is pretty accurate. And to say that Log Horizon is a direct copy from SAO really wouldn't be a lie either considering it's manga started publishing right around the time SAO was all the hype and it was trying to ride that hype.

    Well he doesn't watch kill la kill, so he wouldn't know. Monogatari series is incredibly hard to get people into, trust me, I've tried and failed mutiple times. Most people don't watch story/character based anime anyway.


  13. #13
    Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    california
    Posts
    11,460
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,112
    magi like the card game? is it like yu-gi-oh?

  14. #14
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,687
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No...log horizon is more of a generic fantasy series with video game overtones. Although I think it would benefit a lot more to just do away with the video game stuff and make it just fantasy.
    -It basically just rips off (just like sao) the .hack or tron series, though more on the .hack series since its basically.... the same without a good plot/characters or emphasis on world.
    -On episode 4, the current one, they talk about cast times and cooldowns, but show nothing for it, the talk about 1v1 duels then allow healers, they use "classes" as if it really makes a difference.
    -Log horizon is a show about a mmorpg for those who have either never played one or never watched another video game anime. Its quite honestly horrendous for anyone who is familiar with both.
    ================================================== =
    Strike the blood is a harem anime with a boring plot and harem-style "combat". I'd honestly like another badass vampire series after hellsing/jojo, but this one does nothing but dissapoint me.
    -These harem series are quite bad honestly.




    Well he doesn't watch kill la kill, so he wouldn't know. Monogatari series is incredibly hard to get people into, trust me, I've tried and failed mutiple times. Most people don't watch story/character based anime anyway.
    .HACK had a decent plot but most of it was boring.

    How could Strike the Blood be a Harem?
    There is really only one girl in the anime, that is like me trying to say SAO was a harem.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/18277/Strike_the_Blood
    It clearly isn't a harem in any way. Seems you haven't even clearly seen the anime...


    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    magi like the card game? is it like yu-gi-oh?
    Wrong one you are thinking about Magic.
    Magi is a adventure type of anime with magic and .etc....
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/18115/M...ngdom_of_Magic
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 10-28-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  15. #15
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    .HACK had a decent plot but most of it was boring.

    How could Strike the Blood be a Harem?
    There is really only one girl in the anime, that is like me trying to say SAO was a harem.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/18277/Strike_the_Blood
    It clearly isn't a harem in any way. Seems you haven't even clearly seen the anime...



    Wrong one you are thinking about Magic.
    Magi is a adventure type of anime with magic and .etc....
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/18115/M...ngdom_of_Magic
    An ecchi anime with multiple girls attracted to the main character.

    I WONDER HOW I CAME TO THAT CONCLUSION>inside voice>Sorry harem and ecchi are generally the same thing, it would be more appropriate to say "an ecchi series with a harem in it" although that sounds redundant to me.

    .Hack is already a solid series, can't really argue that you thought it was boring.

    -------------------------------------------------


    Also, just to clarify for you: Kill la Kill and Kyoukai No Kanata will be the top anime this fall.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-28-2013 at 09:00 PM.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 07:52 PM
  2. Why You Should Go V.I.P
    By alfonso951 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 12:04 AM
  3. Why YOU should Become VIP
    By SnipedSteps in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
  4. Why you should be a vip!
    By Vashe in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:14 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 09:06 PM