Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507

    Naruto Chapter 653

    Discuss...

  2. #2
    unknownartist0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Murica
    Posts
    667
    Reputation
    378
    Thanks
    695
    Obito caused the nations to unite.

    He dieing him self would be easier than facing all the people he's let down beyond any limit?

    Early manga

  3. #3
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm not sure I understand. If hokage's can be killed easily and by no means stopped what started both Pein and Obito, what is the point in glorifying the position?

    Stupid things in this chapter:
    -That "shortcut" metaphor.
    -Naruto's response.
    -Nartuo's hokage speech.
    -Nothing happened.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-29-2013 at 01:41 PM.


  4. #4
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. If hokage's can be killed easily and by no means stopped what started both Pein and Obito, what is the point in glorifying the position?

    Stupid things in this chapter:
    -That "shortcut" metaphor.
    -Naruto's response.
    -Nartuo's hokage speech.
    -Nothing happened.
    Don't forget the whole "antagonist being misunderstood" thing... Obito is a prime example.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

    unknownartist0 (10-29-2013)

  6. #5
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Don't forget the whole "antagonist being misunderstood" thing... Obito is a prime example.
    Well yeah........but that was last weeks highlight, I thought I'd shift it.


  7. #6
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well yeah........but that was last weeks highlight, I thought I'd shift it.

    Pretty important this week though especially after that annoying cliffhanger.

  8. #7
    -Madara_Uchihă-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,507
    Reputation
    688
    Thanks
    1,136
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    You know what Obito REALLY needs? Some mother-fucking closure. Someone needs to Edo Tensei Rin and get her to tell him to man the fuck up.

  9. #8
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I thought obito's plan was so that there would be no more "Rins" in this world, that no one would have to suffer the loss for pathetic wars anymore.

    But *shrugs* guess it was all about being hokage?


  10. #9
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Dr. Naruto Uzumaki, PhD.

    Kind of boring chapter, it was all talk no jutsu. But, pretty good Talk no Jutsu, so I'm not too disappointed. Happy about the early release, even if all that means is I have to wait longer for next weeks. :S

    P.S: It's been a while since they sneaked in an extra page at the end like that, hasn't it?








     





















  11. #10
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Dr. Naruto Uzumaki, PhD.

    Kind of boring chapter, it was all talk no jutsu. But, pretty good Talk no Jutsu, so I'm not too disappointed. Happy about the early release, even if all that means is I have to wait longer for next weeks. :S

    P.S: It's been a while since they sneaked in an extra page at the end like that, hasn't it?
    So what are your thoughts about Obito being misunderstood and being forgiven by Naruto?

  12. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Dr. Naruto Uzumaki, PhD.

    Kind of boring chapter, it was all talk no jutsu. But, pretty good Talk no Jutsu, so I'm not too disappointed. Happy about the early release, even if all that means is I have to wait longer for next weeks. :S

    P.S: It's been a while since they sneaked in an extra page at the end like that, hasn't it?

    OK explain to me the shortcut metaphor. It didn't seem as if either side really knew what the other one was talking about in this chapter.
    -------------------------------------

    1. Obito kind of made a bullshit scenario where the dangerous path all your friends die and the shortcut was sensible path to avoid that.
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-653/page_12

    2. Naruto said that he'd rather know how to walk down that dangerous path instead.
    http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapte...er-653/page_13
    3. Then Obito responded why choose one and not the other when they both lead to the same place?(i.e. one has all your friends dead and the other not).
    4. Naruto ask how we know the path is dangerous?(Which at this point makes no sense)
    -Then naruto goes on to say that hokages should endure the pain and obstruct all obstacles for the people.
    --------------------------------------------

    Which essentially makes me go: What?

    Obito's goal would be to "world peace" through mass genjutsu. Naruto is arguing that the hokage's are there to guide the people to peace.

    Problem is, that hasn't worked. The entire cause of obito( and Pein) was still there when the hokage's were around. The hokage's haven't proven to do anything to prevent the situation that Obito believes he can fix with the genjutsu. Mass genjutsu would also cause the problems of a "false reality" but that doesn't seem to be a topic. Obito is clearly in the wrong, but it's not being addressed as such.

    :/

    To me: It seems like the Pein arc where he simply said "i don't have a solution, but I'll try" which is fine, but this metaphor shit is a bit much.
    Last edited by Empire; 10-30-2013 at 03:56 AM.


  13. #12
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    So what are your thoughts about Obito being misunderstood and being forgiven by Naruto?
    I think that although it was EXTREMELY predictable, it was done better than I thought it would be, so I'm not TOO disappointed.

    Who knows, maybe he tells Naruto to fuck off. If he does try to go to the good side, Madara is going to fuck his shit up anyways.

    And @Empire yeah, a lot of what Obito said made no sense, but I think that was the point? I assumed Kishi was just trying to make him out to look like a fucking skitzo moron that doesn't even really know what he's doing himself. (Hence the misunderstood stuff and etc). Kind of why Madara was always going to be the main villain, because he actually has a solid plan and has conviction to his plan. Hell, Project Tsukuyomi was his idea as well.








     





















  14. #13
    Riachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    144
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Amused
    ughh, the anime got too confusing after the beginning of the world war arc. i decided to read all the way up and i dont understand sht .-.

  15. #14
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,507
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I think that although it was EXTREMELY predictable, it was done better than I thought it would be, so I'm not TOO disappointed.

    Who knows, maybe he tells Naruto to fuck off. If he does try to go to the good side, Madara is going to fuck his shit up anyways.

    And @Empire yeah, a lot of what Obito said made no sense, but I think that was the point? I assumed Kishi was just trying to make him out to look like a fucking skitzo moron that doesn't even really know what he's doing himself. (Hence the misunderstood stuff and etc). Kind of why Madara was always going to be the main villain, because he actually has a solid plan and has conviction to his plan. Hell, Project Tsukuyomi was his idea as well.
    So he's just another misunderstood villain...

  16. #15
    Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    california
    Posts
    11,460
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,112
    i am tired of naruto just waiting for sasuke and naruto to make out and confess their love for each other already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Naruto Chapter 617
    By Hero in forum Anime
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 03:37 AM
  2. Naruto Chapter 616
    By KING in forum Anime
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
  3. Naruto Chapter 615
    By scotbud123 in forum Anime
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:06 PM
  4. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 05:55 AM
  5. Naruto Chapter 610
    By KING in forum Anime
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM