J. Michael Tatum
Toonami then unveiled its full lineup for January 4, including its debut of Naruto Shippūden:
- 11:30 p.m. – Space Dandy
- 12:00 a.m. – Bleach
- 12:30 a.m. – Naruto Shippūden
- 1:00 a.m. – One Piece
- 1:30 a.m. – Soul Eater
- 2:00 a.m. – Sword Art Online
- 2:30 a.m. – FLCL
- 3:00 a.m. – Uncut Naruto (starting from episode 1)
- 3:30 a.m. – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 4:00 a.m. – Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
- 4:30a – IGPX
- 5:00a – Star Wars: Clone Wars
- 5:30a - Inuyasha
The series will premiere in Japan on January 5 at 11:00 p.m. Animax Asia will also premiere the series in Southeast Asia on that day. Animax Korea is showing the anime in South Korea, while Madman Entertainment's Screening Room is streaming with English subtitles in Australia and New Zealand at the same time as the Japanese broadcast. Anime Limited licensed the anime for English and French-speaking countries and regions in Europe, while AV Visionen will stream the series with German subtitles in AV Visionen.
Space Dandy is the upcoming science-fiction comedy series from director Shinichiro Watanabe (Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Kids on the Slope) and studio BONES.
The story revolves around Dandy, an alien-hunter. His job is to seek out new aliens never seen before, and receives a reward whenever he finds a new species. His mission is to find those new species faster than anyone else as he travels the galaxy. Together with the bucket-of-bolts robot QT and the dimwit alien Meow he picked up along the way, he comes into contact with new planets and their inhabitants.
Staff members include:
- General Director: Shinichiro Watanabe
- Director: Shingo Natsume
- Scriptwriters: Dai Sato, Keiko Nobumoto, and Kimiko Ueno
- Character Design: Yoshiyuki Ito
- Spaceship Design: Thomas Romain
- Theme Song: Yasuyuki Okamura
- Animation Production: BONES
Yasuyuki Okamura (City Hunter 2) is performing the theme song "Viva Namida" and another song, "Healthy Merci."