Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Xenobing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ricky
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    122
    My Mood
    Buzzed

    Question Sword Art Online or Log Horizon?

    SAO or LH? Which suits your tastes?
    Myself, I prefer LH cos I like the more game-based orientation rather than the sob story xD

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xenobing For This Useful Post:

    LeftUBleeding (01-14-2014),mevirovingio (01-14-2014)

  3. #2
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,506
    This thread is sure to get lots of hate... but I'll try to answer anyways. In terms of virtual reality anime (I'm guessing that's the point) I'd pick Sword Art Online. It had a pretty decent start and went to shit later, but it was nice for a minute. Log Horizon tries to be "intelligent" and fails pretty epic later on. SAO at the very least, had nice animation and soundtrack. I really liked the .hack series and it revolved around virtual reality, so maybe you should check it out.


  4. #3
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Honestly they both suck, but SAO at least tried(in the start).

    Log horizon......is probably the most half assed anime you could watch in 2013. It's a show that should just be fantasy, but spends almost a 1/3 of every episode explaining some stupidly obvious video game mechanic. Oh this guys a samurai? Let me explain how he has "long cooldowns" and "strong attacks". Oh this person is a mage, let me explain how magic works.
    -It's like a show for rpg fans for who don't exist. If you've spent an hour in any rpg you've probably learned 10 times that which this anime teaches you every episode.
    -Not only that, it has no real plot either.

    SAO looks nice and pays attention to detail.....in the start. Once they encounter a ai program and he gets romantic with Asuna everything turns to shit. The attention to detail is just gone later, any relevance to actual gaming is as well.
    -The ai now becomes their "child" even though they are 15 years old.
    -The ai program basically gives them hacks later.
    And then (not to spoil too much) it goes on repeat. Enter a new game, climb the system, repeat.(and that's for the rest of series)


    Personally I'd play/watch the .Hack series. G.U. is pretty nice and the original anime is very well done for story.
    Last edited by Empire; 01-10-2014 at 02:46 PM.


  5. #4
    Ayumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    female
    Location
    LoL Section
    Posts
    2,042
    Reputation
    266
    Thanks
    299
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenobing View Post
    SAO or LH? Which suits your tastes?
    Myself, I prefer LH cos I like the more game-based orientation rather than the sob story xD
    they are both the same , neither of them can log out unless something stupid occurs O:
    Lol Name Exploit :http://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1130251( P a t c h e d )

    Middleman Service: Unavaliable

    My Skype down below: ( Becareful of impersonator's)


    Middleman:9/13/2016-Present
    LoL Minion 11/5/2016-Present

  6. #5
    _elz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    968
    Reputation
    56
    Thanks
    5,689
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Both pretty nice.

  7. #6
    Xenobing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ricky
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    122
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Honestly they both suck, but SAO at least tried(in the start).

    Log horizon......is probably the most half assed anime you could watch in 2013. It's a show that should just be fantasy, but spends almost a 1/3 of every episode explaining some stupidly obvious video game mechanic. Oh this guys a samurai? Let me explain how he has "long cooldowns" and "strong attacks". Oh this person is a mage, let me explain how magic works.
    -It's like a show for rpg fans for who don't exist. If you've spent an hour in any rpg you've probably learned 10 times that which this anime teaches you every episode.
    -Not only that, it has no real plot either.

    SAO looks nice and pays attention to detail.....in the start. Once they encounter a ai program and he gets romantic with Asuna everything turns to shit. The attention to detail is just gone later, any relevance to actual gaming is as well.
    -The ai now becomes their "child" even though they are 15 years old.
    -The ai program basically gives them hacks later.
    And then (not to spoil too much) it goes on repeat. Enter a new game, climb the system, repeat.(and that's for the rest of series)


    Personally I'd play/watch the .Hack series. G.U. is pretty nice and the original anime is very well done for story.
    Yup, I totally agree, I was thinking about starting the .hack series anyway so I guess I'll put it further up my priority list then~

  8. #7
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenobing View Post
    Yup, I totally agree, I was thinking about starting the .hack series anyway so I guess I'll put it further up my priority list then~
    If you can read manga/manhwa

    Check out The Gamer.


    It's probably the most solid "gaming" series yet, though not too long so far. .Hack is also very good.(the games are amazing).


  9. #8
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    If you can read manga/manhwa

    Check out The Gamer.


    It's probably the most solid "gaming" series yet, though not too long so far. .Hack is also very good.(the games are amazing).
    I've heard of the manga but I haven't read it yet... I might check it out soon.
    And .hack is a really nice series but it has it's derp moments, like .hack//Legend of the Twilight is garbage. Some of the anime like that .hack//Roots movie and .hack//Movie had terrible CGI but was otherwise somewhat good. I haven't played any of the games for .hack yet but I'm planning on it soon. I really liked the series, especially .hack//Sign and .hack//Roots.

  10. #9
    Barstarzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,307
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    763
    My Mood
    Amused
    Sword Art Online!!
     

     
    barstarzz.mpgh


  11. #10
    Candyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    47
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    I would have to go with SAO.
    Sword Art Online had a strong start but fell in the end.
    LH was interesting but I don't see the big problem. (They can't die and there are just other smaller problems)

  12. #11
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Honestly they both suck, but SAO at least tried(in the start).

    Log horizon......is probably the most half assed anime you could watch in 2013. It's a show that should just be fantasy, but spends almost a 1/3 of every episode explaining some stupidly obvious video game mechanic. Oh this guys a samurai? Let me explain how he has "long cooldowns" and "strong attacks". Oh this person is a mage, let me explain how magic works.
    -It's like a show for rpg fans for who don't exist. If you've spent an hour in any rpg you've probably learned 10 times that which this anime teaches you every episode.
    -Not only that, it has no real plot either.

    SAO looks nice and pays attention to detail.....in the start. Once they encounter a ai program and he gets romantic with Asuna everything turns to shit. The attention to detail is just gone later, any relevance to actual gaming is as well.
    -The ai now becomes their "child" even though they are 15 years old.
    -The ai program basically gives them hacks later.
    And then (not to spoil too much) it goes on repeat. Enter a new game, climb the system, repeat.(and that's for the rest of series)


    Personally I'd play/watch the .Hack series. G.U. is pretty nice and the original anime is very well done for story.
    I never saw LH. But about SAO:


    THIS IS SO FU**ING TRUE!


    unfortunately.


    Everyone tells me that the /hack series are better than the modern versions of the game concept anime (SAO and LH)
    I might give it a go, dont know when....
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  13. #12
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    I've heard of the manga but I haven't read it yet... I might check it out soon.
    And .hack is a really nice series but it has it's derp moments, like .hack//Legend of the Twilight is garbage. Some of the anime like that .hack//Roots movie and .hack//Movie had terrible CGI but was otherwise somewhat good. I haven't played any of the games for .hack yet but I'm planning on it soon. I really liked the series, especially .hack//Sign and .hack//Roots.
    Well .hack G.U. is pretty good for the games.


  14. #13
    Evangaylion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sakura High
    Posts
    179
    Reputation
    135
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Neither, really.
    Both are extremely shallow, rather dull at most times, and just feel un-inspired, as if built only to please MMO fans and teen boys.

  15. #14
    Xenobing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ricky
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    122
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangaylion View Post
    Neither, really.
    Both are extremely shallow, rather dull at most times, and just feel un-inspired, as if built only to please MMO fans and teen boys.
    Quite true, but then again I enjoy watching the Pokemon series and Keroro Gunsou so... xD

  16. #15
    Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    california
    Posts
    11,460
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,112
    i loved sword art online season 1 but then that FUCKING SHIT SEASON 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sword Art Online Review
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 03:53 AM
  2. [Release] | Ederan's UI Login V5 | Sword Art Online |
    By Color in forum CrossFire Mods & Rez Modding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 11:44 PM
  3. Sword Art Online Episode 23
    By Color in forum Anime
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
  4. Is "Sword Art Online" any good?
    By Aznganxter in forum Anime
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
  5. Sword Art Online
    By Blitz in forum Anime
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 07:48 AM