Thread: Attack on Titan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Eh, 99% of the time animes are more enjoyable than mangas. So much more gets added, so much detail. Color, animation (or course), sound, and a lot more detail added into what is refereed to as the "gutter" in manga and comic books, where a lot of info is left for the reader to decide.

I'd rather wait for the anime and enjoy it more than read the manga.
    That's because you are watching shonen-action lulz.

Manga has the art though, haven't seen an anime top the manga's art in a looooooong time.(if the manga was the original).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    OMG It's sooooo over-rated
    Just kidding. This has been my favorite anime thus far, and has gotten a lot of my friends into anime as well

Minion+ : February 2014 - January 2015
    Counter Strike: Global Offensive Minion : November 2014 - January 2015
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion : August 2014 - January 2015
    Need For Speed World Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Rust Minion : January 2014 - January 2015
    Call of Duty Minion : January 2013 - January 2015
    Editor : December 2012 - April 2013
    Donator : March 2014 - Current
    Member : October 2010 - Current

Previously known as "Isaakske".

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvn View Post
    Me I think it's the other way around, Manga's are usually better, are updated more frequently, allow the story to move faster, leaves the action scenes up to the readers mind, so in a way the read can make the battle seem more epic than any studio could. But I guess it is all preference, some of us have better imaginations suited for manga reading I guess lol.
    I have a pretty good imagination, but I'm watching this to see what the author meant/thought, not what I myself think.

That's why a lot of the time the author of a manga helps the animators by specifying things. I would rather see that then have to fill the blanks in myself, but whatever.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    That's because you are watching shonen-action lulz.

Manga has the art though, haven't seen an anime top the manga's art in a looooooong time.(if the manga was the original).
    What does that have to do with anything? I like anime more, I can lose myself in an anime. I used to have a saying "You don't WATCH anime, you visit the anime world".

I can't do that with a manga, I feel as lost in a manga as I do in a Wiki page. Doesn't matter WHAT genre it is, or even if it's Japanese animation or not.

I also think most anime that I've seen (other than Naruto) have better art than their manga. Or some of them don't have a manga at ALL (like SAO).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    yeah.. i like attack of titan
    Subscribe my channel
    Its about League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3e...VUjViCRban4Axw

I really appreciate if you guys subscribe

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I love the soundtrack, its much amaze.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    What does that have to do with anything? I like anime more, I can lose myself in an anime. I used to have a saying "You don't WATCH anime, you visit the anime world".

I can't do that with a manga, I feel as lost in a manga as I do in a Wiki page. Doesn't matter WHAT genre it is, or even if it's Japanese animation or not.

I also think most anime that I've seen (other than Naruto) have better art than their manga. Or some of them don't have a manga at ALL (like SAO).
    So outside of Attack on Titan, name a few that have better art than there manga if the manga came first.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    So outside of Attack on Titan, name a few that have better art than there manga if the manga came first.
    Well, like you said AoT. Did AB have a manga? I'm sure that was better. SAO came from a light novel. GL didn't come from one. KLK didn't come from one.

I mean, the anime is usually going to look better, that's kind of the whole point. Mangas are under insane time constraints so they're naturally not going to look as good. Also, like I said earlier, they're still images, not colored, not anime, they're 2D stills. The highest quality version of it that you're going to get is the Blu-Ray release of the anime.

Name a few manga, outside of the big 3, that look better than their anime counterparts.

Thanks
    I mean, the anime is usually going to look better, that's kind of the whole point. Mangas are under insane time constraints so they're naturally not going to look as good. Also, like I said earlier, they're still images, not colored, not anime, they're 2D stills. The highest quality version of it that you're going to get is the Blu-Ray release of the anime.

Name a few manga, outside of the big 3, that look better than their anime counterparts.
    That's entirely your opinion. Most anime is released weekly so it has time constraints also. Manga varies from weekly to monthly and most mangakas work their ass off working 10+ hours. A prime example is Kentaro (Berserk) who worked 16 hours a day before going on hiatus. Name a few manga? I can think of dozens. Most manga tend to beat anime in terms of quality. There's so many great stories that are told through manga that'll never get an anime adaptation because it wasn't popular enough or it's edgy.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    That's entirely your opinion. Most anime is released weekly so it has time constraints also. Manga varies from weekly to monthly and most mangakas work their ass off working 10+ hours. A prime example is Kentaro (Berserk) who worked 16 hours a day before going on hiatus. Name a few manga? I can think of dozens. Most manga tend to beat anime in terms of quality. There's so many great stories that are told through manga that'll never get an anime adaptation because it wasn't popular enough or it's edgy.
    Well yeah, it doesn't count if it never GOT an anime adaptation. And I said NOTHING about BAD adaptations, like things being changed or altered or censored. I was purely talking about LOOKS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Berserk, gantz, black lagoon, air gear, death note, claymore, rurouni kenshin, shaman king, rosario + vampire, jojo's bizarre, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, One piece, Toriko, Monster, Baki, Tough, Kingdom, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Zetman.

Eh this is just to name a few(can't think of many more manga to anime adaptations atm.)

While SNK may be better in anime, I can't really argue that for almost any other anime-second series. The art and plot are generally better and more detailed in manga form.

Kind of a "books are always better than the movies/tv version", because they just are. *shrugs* You could make an thread on reddit or such arguing it, but I doubt you could get the majority saying anime is better.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Berserk, gantz, black lagoon, air gear, death note, claymore, rurouni kenshin, shaman king, rosario + vampire, jojo's bizarre, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, One piece, Toriko, Monster, Baki, Tough, Kingdom, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Zetman.

Eh this is just to name a few(can't think of many more manga to anime adaptations atm.)

While SNK may be better in anime, I can't really argue that for almost any other anime-second series. The art and plot are generally better and more detailed in manga form.

Kind of a "books are always better than the movies/tv version", because they just are. *shrugs* You could make an thread on reddit or such arguing it, but I doubt you could get the majority saying anime is better.
    I said outside of the big 3, you named 2 of the 3. The other half of those are old as fuck, not many from post 2010.

Not to mention we were talking about SnK to begin with lol.

NOVELS, usually ARE better than ANY graphic adaptation. That's for reasons that have NOTHING to do with this argument. This has to do with the VISUAL comparison and quality of the GRAPHICS in a graphic novel or manga vs animation.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I said outside of the big 3, you named 2 of the 3. The other half of those are old as fuck, not many from post 2010.

Not to mention we were talking about SnK to begin with lol.

NOVELS, usually ARE better than ANY graphic adaptation. That's for reasons that have NOTHING to do with this argument. This has to do with the VISUAL comparison and quality of the GRAPHICS in a graphic novel or manga vs animation.
    Semantics. Point still made and you asked for it so don't get upset.

:/ Shingeki is only better because the manga is so half-assed to begin with and the anime got a really good team.
    Last edited by Empire; 02-23-2014 at 06:06 PM.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Semantics. Point still made and you asked for it so don't get upset.

:/ Shingeki is only better because the manga is so half-assed to begin with and the anime got a really good team.
    Not mad, you're right, I just should have been more specific. I still said outside of the big 3, but whatever lol.

Thanks
    I've actually began watching anime because of Attack on Titan. That anime is the best one out there.

I love the character development throughout the story and the connection you can feel towards them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast