Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    your waifu's house.
    Posts
    1,313
    Reputation
    541
    Thanks
    188

    [Recommendation] Time of Eve


    Synopses:
    The future, probably Japan. Robots have long been put into practical use, and androids have just come into use.

    Influenced by the Robot Ethics Committee, it's become common sense for people to treat androids like household appliances. Their appearance - indistinguishable from humans except for the ring over each android's head - has led some people to empathize unnecessarily with androids. Known as "android-holics", such people have become a social problem.

    Rikuo, a high school student, has been taught from childhood that androids are not to be viewed as humans, and has always used them as convenient tools. One day Rikuo discovers some strange data in the behavior records of his family's household android, Sammy.

    Rikuo and his friend Masaki trace Sammy's movements, only to discover a mysterious café that features a house rule that "humans and robots are to be treated the same"...

    Read more Here

    My thoughts:
    I was honestly taken away by how good this movie made me feel. Learning each characters background story and seeing other characters develop was amazing. The story is so simple and leaves so much up to the mind at the end that i just want more and more. If anyone has an hour and a half to spare you should definitely watch this on Crunchyroll or torrent it. Easily a 9/10 in my book.

  2. #2
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,504
    I'll start downloading this now and I'll watch it over the weekend.

  3. #3
    Better MPGH Event Organizer Than Arun Since '12
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Color's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,636
    Reputation
    2154
    Thanks
    7,648
    I'll add it to my list of shit to watch over the summer.

    Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

    Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

    Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

    Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15


  4. #4
    Kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    your waifu's house.
    Posts
    1,313
    Reputation
    541
    Thanks
    188
    Sweet let me know what you think after you've watched

  5. #5
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post
    Sweet let me know what you think after you've watched
    Watched it. I had a few problems with the robots...

    The robots. They programmed emotion and individuality? Bad idea. Like take for example Tex, he lied to Masakazu during his childhood life. But doesn't that go against the first rule considering he caused him psychological harm? The ethics committee made a few good points against robots. If the robots are skilled enough to work as body guards what's there to stop a person from building their own and using it to hurt others?

    But enough about that. The animation was nice, I really like how they used a blend of hand drawn and CGI. The soundtrack was meh. The character development wasn't anything amazing or unexpected, but it was nice. The ending left a lot to be desired however, I was pretty disappointed actually. It had a life goes on ending even though the cafe was clearly against the law and would eventually be shut down. Regardless it was overall enjoyable.

  6. #6
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodoku View Post

    Synopses:
    The future, probably Japan. Robots
    All it took for me to quit reading.

    Not saying its bad, just not my type.
    Thanks for sharing anyway.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  7. #7
    Rance-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ice
    Posts
    6,339
    Reputation
    653
    Thanks
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post


    All it took for me to quit reading.

    Not saying its bad, just not my type.
    Thanks for sharing anyway.
    It's good but I lol'd at the probably part. They're speaking Japanese and they mention Japanese cities in the anime but nah, it's probably Japan.

  8. #8
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    It's good but I lol'd at the probably part. They're speaking Japanese and they mention Japanese cities in the anime but nah, it's probably Japan.
    Yeah I kinda suspected that, even though I never saw the anime, but because most of them are in Japan.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  9. #9
    Kodoku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    your waifu's house.
    Posts
    1,313
    Reputation
    541
    Thanks
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Rance-sama View Post
    Watched it. I had a few problems with the robots...

    The robots. They programmed emotion and individuality? Bad idea. Like take for example Tex, he lied to Masakazu during his childhood life. But doesn't that go against the first rule considering he caused him psychological harm? The ethics committee made a few good points against robots. If the robots are skilled enough to work as body guards what's there to stop a person from building their own and using it to hurt others?

    But enough about that. The animation was nice, I really like how they used a blend of hand drawn and CGI. The soundtrack was meh. The character development wasn't anything amazing or unexpected, but it was nice. The ending left a lot to be desired however, I was pretty disappointed actually. It had a life goes on ending even though the cafe was clearly against the law and would eventually be shut down. Regardless it was overall enjoyable.
    Ya i don't think emotional pain is tied into their rules as far as i'm aware. Maybe the only way to get that ring around a android is if it's licensed so if someone made their own it would easily be seen as a fake? They don't do a very good job of explaining the development aspect of it.

    Anyway, as long as you felt good at the end my objective for this thread was complete.

Similar Threads

  1. My Time.
    By Dave84311 in forum News & Announcements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 11:45 PM
  2. Recommended Movies
    By Chronologix in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
  3. Free Infantry, time to kill it
    By Super-Man in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 02:58 PM
  4. cap 4 flag in 1 time
    By slash83 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 05:24 AM