Yeah......this isn't going to be "best of season" or even in the top 5-10 by the looks of it.
The animation looked rather mediocre. Not really surprising given it's A-1 pictures, but the quality was imo worse than the original's debut.
Not too many plotholes? How about:
1. Balance patchin in an MMO = reason to kill the guy, the same guy who didn't implement the patch but only profited from it(lol).
2. "Death Gun" is just some random asshole who shot a tv screen and the guy died from a heart attack. Is this deathnote? Does he not even have to have direct contact? What the fuck is his problem anyway, someone bragging about being good in a video game? Holy fucking shit is that pathetic. It's like internet justice wish fufillment.
3. The government is even bothering to ask some random gamer about a homicide. My fucking god that is retarded. Instead of asking the developer, a biologist, or pretty much anyone with an education, they ask this moron. This fucking random ass kid, about a game he hasn't even played.
How the conversation should have gone:
Agent: "Hey kid, you think it's possible to give someone a heart attack through a video game"? "
Kirito: "Well I don't know mister, you think I know anything about neuroscience or even how these fucking devices actually work?"
Kirito: "Wait, so you just asked me if it's possible, knowing all I have is an incomplete highschool education? Just because I "beat" some video game?"
Agent: "Yeah, you're right, that was stupid. Never mind then."
4. Two really stupid examples:
A) The bullet somehow working through the electrical outlet. This just shows how fucking stupid kirito is.
B) The "this one world spawned another" from asuna. Completely not knowing how game dev works.
5. New main-secondary character
-"Compared to that time"
-Holy shit, flashback episode. Yay, we have to watch some pathetic "trauma", dear god SAO, you aren't deep enough for this shit.
-Didn't like the song.
-If you can deflect bullets with a sword, EVERYONE would use the sword. I mean that's practically every sword fans dream gameplay.