Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

I think Shamo is probably the best "realistic" badguy manga, though I'm not sure if Akumetsu qualifies as a "badguy" either.

Maybe Ichi-the-Killer?
    Read Shamo when I was like 11 and finushed akumestsu. Neither of em are bad guys
    Shamo was really fucking confusing. One moment he is super strong then he is acting like he is high as fuck (weak)
    Akumestsu well all he did was kill bad guys so yeah not a bad guy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviar View Post

Read Shamo when I was like 11 and finushed akumestsu. Neither of em are bad guys
    Shamo was really fucking confusing. One moment he is super strong then he is acting like he is high as fuck (weak)
    Well that's the thing, the protagonist isn't really ever going to be a "badguy" in the sense that of a "villain" because that type of story just doesn't work.

You can have anti-heroes or people playing the villain like in Shamo/Akumetsu. There are also many series where the protagonist isn't actually "good" either.

But so far as straight villains go, no. There are not any series that do that and for good reason.

Thanks

We're talking about the same Shamo, right? Ryo Narushima... right? He killed his parents on the first chapter, rapes women and does whatever the fuck he wants. If he's not a badguy, then who is? Anyways, he was only super strong because he fought strong opponents and trained almost to death to fight them. He became complacent and kept fighting run of the mill people, he stopped training and he was sorta doing nothing really but making enough money to live another day.

Oh yeah -- there's not ANY justification for what he's done. After 31 volumes it didn't show a single flashback of his parents to be a bunch of dickwads, beating him or something... he killed them just because he could.
    Last edited by NaziGui; 11-23-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by NaziGui View Post
    We're talking about the same Shamo, right? Ryo Narushima... right? He killed his parents on the first chapter, rapes women and does whatever the fuck he wants. If he's not a badguy, then who is? Anyways, he was only super strong because he fought strong opponents and trained almost to death to fight them. He became complacent and kept fighting run of the mill people, he stopped training and he was sorta doing nothing really but making enough money to live another day.

Oh yeah -- there's not ANY justification for what he's done. After 31 volumes it didn't show a single flashback of his parents to be a bunch of dickwads, beating him or something... he killed them just because he could.
    Well the problem is that he's still the protagonist. Even though he does these things, you still want to root for him.

So people think he's not "evil" or such, even though he pretty much does everything you can to be such.

But yeah, Ryo definitely falls under evil and I think the ONLY arc where he didn't was the Chinese arc.

Thanks

Well the problem is that he's still the protagonist. Even though he does these things, you still want to root for him.

So people think he's not "evil" or such, even though he pretty much does everything you can to be such.

But yeah, Ryo definitely falls under evil and I think the ONLY arc where he didn't was the Chinese arc.
    True enough, even if it's a shitty pro i have to root for him, but it really pisses me off too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

True enough, even if it's a shitty pro i have to root for him, but it really pisses me off too
    Well it's hard to sell a series if you don't actually like the main character which the entire story focuses around.

Thanks

Well it's hard to sell a series if you don't actually like the main character which the entire story focuses around.
    Yeah, I found myself rooting for Ryo even though he's an asswipe. He's one of my favorite characters even though he's a real douche. He's sorta changing from a complete asswipe to a somewhat decent human being. Like how he helps his sister and I think it was in the Chinese arc or w/e when he helped that one girl... it's been like half a year since a volume was scanlated so I don't remember well. So yeah, he's becoming more likable but I think if the mangaka showed why he killed his parents and emphasized on how jail changed him it'd make him a fallen hero and almost everybody would like him.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by NaziGui View Post
    Yeah, I found myself rooting for Ryo even though he's an asswipe. He's one of my favorite characters even though he's a real douche. He's sorta changing from a complete asswipe to a somewhat decent human being. Like how he helps his sister and I think it was in the Chinese arc or w/e when he helped that one girl... it's been like half a year since a volume was scanlated so I don't remember well. So yeah, he's becoming more likable but I think if the mangaka showed why he killed his parents and emphasized on how jail changed him it'd make him a fallen hero and almost everybody would like him.
    I think ryo is just interesting to watch. In the fighting-series genre it's always the equivalent of a "white knight" that the story focuses on. So when a series like Shamo came along, I think it was just the right amount of "not entirely evil" that made it so interesting.

Also, it does help that the characters, art, and story are good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123