Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic

    MW3 - Ollydbg explanation how to find certain Address and use them

    Hello,
    I currently thinking about rewriting my Server Control hack and wanted to add some cool featuers which I wasn't able to provide through my lack of experience in hacking because I did my Project in two weeks of my holidays and it's really hard to get good tutorials.

    It would be greate if someone could explain me how to use Ollydbg right and how to use the informations you get with Ollydbg


    I would love this



    Maybe
    @Jorndel ? you said you would help me if I want to do something again and you were always great help


    I would love it when someone give me tipps and tricks and show I can use it right !


    Sincerely
    Nordiii

  2. #2
    殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Hitokiri~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Cancer.
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    863
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    I'd recommend you use IDA (Interactive Disassembler) if you're just starting off.
    Of course Olly is good for debugging but IDA is much easier to do reversing.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitokiri~ For This Useful Post:

    Lovroman (07-05-2014),Nordiii (07-05-2014)

  4. #3
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post
    I'd recommend you use IDA (Interactive Disassembler) if you're just starting off.
    Of course Olly is good for debugging but IDA is much easier to do reversing.
    Okay thanks for this advice I will look at it but probaly my biggest problem I just don't get it how to use them and how to use it later in your code :/

    I know that Jorndel did a tutorial to Ollydbg but I just look at this and thought shit I don't know what to do :/


    But thanks! will download it later maybe this is a little bit more self explaining or i find some better tutorials



    Nordiii

  5. #4
    殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Hitokiri~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Cancer.
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    863
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordiii View Post
    Okay thanks for this advice I will look at it but probaly my biggest problem I just don't get it how to use them and how to use it later in your code :/

    I know that Jorndel did a tutorial to Ollydbg but I just look at this and thought shit I don't know what to do :/


    But thanks! will download it later maybe this is a little bit more self explaining or i find some better tutorials



    Nordiii
    I'd recommend you learn how debuggers work and the basics of reverse engineering.
    Look up some basic assembly tutorials. Might also want to check out the Quake3 source ( MW3 and all CoD related games are based on an extremely modified build of Quake 3 )

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitokiri~ For This Useful Post:

    Nordiii (07-05-2014)

  7. #5
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post


    I'd recommend you learn how debuggers work and the basics of reverse engineering.
    Look up some basic assembly tutorials. Might also want to check out the Quake3 source ( MW3 and all CoD related games are based on an extremely modified build of Quake 3 )
    Do you have some tutorials which you could suggest me? for understanding ?
    You don't need to google for me just a question if you have something which may helped you

  8. #6
    殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Hitokiri~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Cancer.
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    863
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordiii View Post
    Do you have some tutorials which you could suggest me? for understanding ?
    You don't need to google for me just a question if you have something which may helped you
    Hope link shortening isn't against the rules since this is purely for education.
    Code:
    http://goo . gl/XhszuE
    Check around there, they have great resources.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitokiri~ For This Useful Post:

    Nordiii (07-05-2014)

  10. #7
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post


    Hope link shortening isn't against the rules since this is purely for education.
    Code:
    http://goo . gl/XhszuE
    Check around there, they have great resources.
    Started reading a little bit and looks greate and good explained great thanks



    If someone other has some tipps they're welcome too!

  11. #8
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Okay big question started reading into it and now get altealst something what they do there now I tried to attach a debugger but it always freez :/ how can I change this? is this may a problem with winodws 64bit? used a 64 Debugger to but gave the same problem

  12. #9
    cardoow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    214
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    747
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Reversing is using common sense. There are many ways to accomplish what you want, you just have to be creative.

    - You want to accomplish something.
    - Make a plan on how to find the stuff you need by guessing how the game should handle the stuff you need.
    - Start reversing where you think you can find usefull stuff

    For example : someone lately asked me how to find the function that draws the nametags in CoD games.
    Its actually pretty simple if you use your brain and start by guessing what the function should use.

    Well,
    1. visibility checks(because the tags only get drawn when the player is visible)
    2. team checks(tags on both teams are different)
    3. it calls a drawtext function obviously to draw the tags on the screen
    4. it calls a world2screen function to translate 3d coords to 2d coords
    5. it loops trough a list of players to get their 3d position on the map

    I give you one example on how to find it.
    Ill pick the drawtext one, all cod games draw fps on the screen which obviously uses a drawtext function.
    If you locate the fps string in olly you can see which function is getting used to draw the fps on the screen.
    Now you have the drawtext function. You can hook it and log all the strings passed to the function, together with the returnaddress.
    Checkup your log for player names, follow the returnaddress and you are in the drawnametags function.

    To make myself clear, there are no rules in reverse engineering, you have to simply come up with creative methods to locate stuff you need.
    If you dont know how to use ollydbg to accomplish your needs, you probably dont even know what you are looking for.

    Good luck

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cardoow For This Useful Post:

    Lovroman (07-06-2014),Nordiii (07-06-2014)

  14. #10
    殺す必要がある唯一のものは殺されるために準備され人 々である。
    Premium Member
    Hitokiri~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Cancer.
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    863
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordiii View Post
    I tried to attach a debugger but it always freez
    Since I presume you're using Steam, it has antidebugger techniques. So you can just download one of the million anti-antidebugger plugins and use it for olly. IDA has some too if I'm not mistaken.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitokiri~ For This Useful Post:

    Nordiii (07-06-2014)

  16. #11
    Nordiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    150
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    702
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri~ View Post

    Since I presume you're using Steam, it has antidebugger techniques. So you can just download one of the million anti-antidebugger plugins and use it for olly. IDA has some too if I'm not mistaken.
    Thanks now my main problem is that i'm using windows 64bit and i'm not able to finde anything for this

    But thanks ._.


    EDIT: May I found something will test it tomorrow gn8
    Last edited by Nordiii; 07-06-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] How To Find Base Address and pointers
    By nwouh in forum Soldier Front General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 08:42 AM
  2. How to Find Box Address?
    By ac1d_buRn in forum Combat Arms Hack Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
  3. How to find Invisible Address
    By 8oo73l2 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 01:17 AM
  4. [Tutorial] How to find ESP address.
    By wr194t in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 04:42 PM
  5. How to find GPS address?
    By scooby107 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 04:25 PM