Several hours ago, Black Ops 2 updated to 43.1728.7. The update was only around 13 MB, and no patch notes have been released. Several people have brought to my attention that all previously working External Consoles for Black Ops 2 now cause the game to crash, even after updating the addresses for cbuf_addtext and read-only DVARs. After some quick reading around, it appears that the patch addressed TAC, Treyarch's Anti-Cheat mechanism, and a post from Convery, a developer of the Redacted project stated that they also apparently removed some DVARs. (Source). The validity of these statements has yet to be confirmed, but the game now closes instantly rather than freezing and showing a dialogue box stating that "Black Ops II has stopped working", so it may well be true.
This. Coming from a moviemaker's perspective, this ruined the game for us since Treyarch also added signature scanning to detect any external consoles we previously used to make the game look better. That has since been bypassed, though.
Right, so what we've seen in the update so far:
1. Some functions now have trash code to break patterns used for GSC injectors.
2. TAC has seen some updates, nothing major. It currently accepts requests to CRC a range or module, get the value of a DVAR as int64 or float, execute a standard expression.
3. The bulk of the update seems to be the .img file that contains code which is executed by TAC. I have not investigated it since we will probably not support the new version.
4. Some fun DVARs are removed, as mentioned. I guess they were being abused.
5. One of the 3 remote code exploits have been patched. It was used by bad guys to leak PDB files so it's the main reason for the patch.
6. Updated some IDs for the store to properly promote COD:AW.
7. Some piracy checks for the people that unlocked all DLC.
Last edited by aIW|Convery; 02-16-2015 at 12:15 PM.