Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    rashedt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @ Tatsumi's grave
    Posts
    203
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Sneaky

    Post Which should I buy?

    Hello, I have 2650$ to buy a new rig for gaming.
    And I don't know what should I buy a laptop or a PC.
    the laptop I have in mind is MSI gt80 titan which is 2650$ with 980 sli and good other stuff so not sure what to buy for a pc would love recommendations.
    *Trying to be pro in grammar*

  2. #2
    RiceAndDice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    anus
    Posts
    1,075
    Reputation
    116
    Thanks
    157
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Get a laptop if you want to be mobile.
    Get a PC if you don't need to be mobile.

    Easy as that.

    For a pc something like this would be fine: CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K
    Quad Channel G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 2400
    EVGA SC GeForce GTX 980
    ASUS X99-PRO LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard
    CORSAIR Hydro H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
    Onboard Realtek ALC1150 7.1+2 Channel HD Audio Codec
    SeaSonic M12II 850 850W 80 Plus Bronze Certified

  3. #3
    rashedt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @ Tatsumi's grave
    Posts
    203
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I want to run any game with max settings at 60 FPS and I don't need it to be mobile.

  4. #4
    RiceAndDice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    anus
    Posts
    1,075
    Reputation
    116
    Thanks
    157
    My Mood
    Twisted
    The pc above could easily max out any game.
    I recommend getting a pc, better performence and cooling. As you don't need to be mobile.

  5. #5
    ultrawtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,037
    Reputation
    172
    Thanks
    667
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/ad...&Quantity.93=1

    This will max out everything on 4K maxed out with way over 60 FPS.

  6. #6
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceAndDice View Post

    For a pc something like this would be fine: CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K
    Quad Channel G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 2400
    EVGA SC GeForce GTX 980
    ASUS X99-PRO LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 Motherboard
    CORSAIR Hydro H100i Liquid CPU Cooler
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
    Onboard Realtek ALC1150 7.1+2 Channel HD Audio Codec
    SeaSonic M12II 850 850W 80 Plus Bronze Certified
    Why the hell would you use a 5820K in a fucking X99 build? And only a single GTX 980? Why is the motherboard expensive as fuck? Wheres the SSD? There are so many things wrong with this build I'm getting aids just looking at it.
    Last edited by Kongou.; 09-01-2015 at 06:46 PM.

  7. #7
    rashedt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @ Tatsumi's grave
    Posts
    203
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi. View Post
    Why the hell would you use a 5820K in a fucking X99 build? And only a single GTX 980? Why is the motherboard expensive as fuck? Wheres the SSD? There are so many things wrong with this build I'm getting aids just looking at it.
    I was confused about it too.

  8. #8
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by rashedt View Post
    I was confused about it too.
    If you really wanna push for an X99 platform if you need the extra CPU horsepower I'd do something like this. I'd try to find 980Ti's on sale so you can get two. The case/motherboard are pretty much just place holders. You should just buy whatever motherboard gives you whatever you need and a case that you think really stands out.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($499.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($212.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2121.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:10 EDT-0400

    If you're more of just a gamer though i'd recommend something like this instead.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($359.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($134.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2543.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:14 EDT-0400


    Guaranteed with either set up you'll be able to get 60FPS+ Up to around 4K depending on the game and the high res textures.
    Last edited by Kongou.; 09-02-2015 at 02:18 PM.

  9. #9
    GetVandalized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    636
    Reputation
    31
    Thanks
    74
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi. View Post
    If you really wanna push for an X99 platform if you need the extra CPU horsepower I'd do something like this. I'd try to find 980Ti's on sale so you can get two. The case/motherboard are pretty much just place holders. You should just buy whatever motherboard gives you whatever you need and a case that you think really stands out.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($499.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($212.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2121.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:10 EDT-0400

    If you're more of just a gamer though i'd recommend something like this instead.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($359.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($134.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2543.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:14 EDT-0400


    Guaranteed with either set up you'll be able to get 60FPS+ Up to around 4K depending on the game and the high res textures.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Levi has it on the spot, go for it OP.

  10. #10
    rashedt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @ Tatsumi's grave
    Posts
    203
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi. View Post
    If you really wanna push for an X99 platform if you need the extra CPU horsepower I'd do something like this. I'd try to find 980Ti's on sale so you can get two. The case/motherboard are pretty much just place holders. You should just buy whatever motherboard gives you whatever you need and a case that you think really stands out.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($499.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($212.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2121.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:10 EDT-0400

    If you're more of just a gamer though i'd recommend something like this instead.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($359.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X 90.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($134.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($115.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($639.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case ($126.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($120.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $2543.90
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by ************ 2015-09-02 15:14 EDT-0400


    Guaranteed with either set up you'll be able to get 60FPS+ Up to around 4K depending on the game and the high res textures.
    Thanks, I believe this is the best I could have gotten.

  11. #11
    kaantje001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    137
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Bored
    CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K
    Quad Channel G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 2400
    MSI GTX 980 ti
    ASUS X99-PRO
    CORSAIR H110i GT
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
    500GB Samsung 850 EVO
    Define R5
    RM 850i
    Asus VG278HE

Similar Threads

  1. Which one should i buy?
    By LiLHomie in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
  2. WHICH GUN SHOULD I BUY?
    By sidor in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 01:04 AM
  3. Which Perma Gun Should I Buy?
    By dw3fan in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 10:59 PM
  4. Which weapon should i buy?
    By -Devil- in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 01:35 AM
  5. DEBATE: PS3 or XBOX 360. Which one should I buy?
    By Jumpshot in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 12:44 AM