Thread: New PC

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,437
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,499
    My Mood
    Amused

    New PC

    With a sweet 40% discount here is my finished PC build. I'll be putting it all together on Thursday.

    Code:
    Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Gaming Case (Orange) * Using this Case for temporary use while my NZXT case ships in Custom Colors*
    
    LED: 3x White Thermaltake 120mm LED High Static Pressure Fans 
    
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5930k ( 6x 3.50 GHz ) 
    
    Processor Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler  
    
    RAM: 16 GB(8 x 2) G.SKILL RipJaws 5
    
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB (EVGA SuperClocked)  
    
    Mother-Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS 
    
    Power Supply:  Corsair CX850M (850W) 
    
    Solid State: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (Read: 540MB/s, Write: 520MB/s) 
    
    Hard Drive: 2 TB Hard Drive (64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s) 
    
    Optical Drive: ASUS 12x Blu-ray Reader, DVD R/RW Combo Drive
    
    Media Card Reader: 12-In-1 Internal Media Card Reader/Writer
    Cost Total: 3039.12

    After Discount: 1802.12

  2. #2
    Kingpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,710
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    812
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Whoop whoop. Looking good. But why 850W though? That'd even be enough for SLI.
    SKYPE = kingping2@outlook.com Old skype gone


  3. #3
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,437
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,499
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by KazuhiraM View Post
    Whoop whoop. Looking good. But why 850W though? That'd even be enough for SLI.
    It was a free upgrade IBUYPOWER offers if you buy the Corsair 650W.

  4. #4
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Bored
    What would you use the 5930k for?

  5. #5
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,437
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,499
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mio Akiyama! View Post
    What would you use the 5930k for?
    I was going to get the Intel i5 and overclock it, but I decided to get the Intel i7 ( 5930k was recommended to me ) so I could use it without over clocking and still have superior performance to the i5 or the i7 4790k.

    Edit: Also note I am getting a large amount of a discount so I just wanted to opt for higher things than needed because I am saving a large amount of money. If I didn't get this large of a discount I would of got a cheaper SSD, Cooling system, power supply and a cheaper graphics card.
    Last edited by Law; 10-19-2015 at 01:53 AM.

  6. #6
    Kongou.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,410
    Reputation
    85
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    I was going to get the Intel i5 and overclock it, but I decided to get the Intel i7 ( 5930k was recommended to me ) so I could use it without over clocking and still have superior performance to the i5 or the i7 4790k.

    Edit: Also note I am getting a large amount of a discount so I just wanted to opt for higher things than needed because I am saving a large amount of money. If I didn't get this large of a discount I would of got a cheaper SSD, Cooling system, power supply and a cheaper graphics card.
    Yeh if you definitely don't want to do anything with overclocking your CPU because it's plainly more difficult and much more confusing than OC'ing a graphics card.
    If you could get me a discount sometime I'd be interested!

  7. #7
    Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,437
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    4,499
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Mio Akiyama! View Post
    Yeh if you definitely don't want to do anything with overclocking your CPU because it's plainly more difficult and much more confusing than OC'ing a graphics card.
    If you could get me a discount sometime I'd be interested!
    I'm moving up there on Thursday and apparently get my own 5% off code.

  8. #8
    Valeriya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Valeriyaland <3
    Posts
    544
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    77
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mio Akiyama! View Post
    5930k
    I agree. 4690k or 6600k is more than enough right? Especially if you OC the little beast xP

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Welcome to our new AvA minion.
    By Prepix in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Discussions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 01:34 PM
  2. [News] ~~~~~NEW MAP NEW WEAPON~~~~~~~~
    By devilaim in forum Blackshot Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 08:50 AM
  3. [News] New AQ Game: Oversoul [ALPHA TEST LIVE AS OF 9/13]
    By Phailsauce in forum BattleOn Games Hacks, Cheats & Trainers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM
  4. [News] New Rule About Hack Packs
    By Lehsyrus in forum Alliance of Valiant Arms (AVA) Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
  5. [News] Be careful, new version! [1.9.446]
    By urbanlucky in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 04:29 AM