Thanks

My experience building my first pc

Hello there everyone, I'm going to describe my first pc build experience. Let me start out with that it doesn't matter at all if you watched a billion videos regarding how to build a pc before you do it, because once you're making it yourself it's a lot different... the only thing that helped was knowing what to do (steps). My build took about 2 hours and 30 minutes and it was a real pain in the ass. To start off with, the cpu. Was the easiest process in the whole build. Next, the ram. I plug in one ram stick into a slot and try to put the second one in the one next to it, no matter how much force I apply it doesn't go in . I had to put my second ram stick into the third slot. Next up, my cpu cooler. jesus christ this shit is impossible to notice when its attached properly, tbh probably fucked up my thermal paste lmao. Next my ioshield, I had to drink bleach after because no matter what I did it would not stick to my case (still hanging by one of the usbs) I have a corsair carbide spec-02 case and it made me want to kill myself. Anyways, next I tried putting in my motherboard, got all my screws in and plugged the shit in after like 15 minutes of trying to get my screw driver in the tight spaces where the stand offs were. Now, I decided to do my power supply (already inserted hard drive and ssd). I got my modular cables that I needed and had to use only one part of 2 different modular cables but these 2 cables had a bunch of extra shit that I can't remove so rip cable management. The gpu you guys said to combine the 6 and 2 pin that I showed on one of my old thread... a bunch of fucking liars gpu came with a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter and the way you guys told me to do it wouldn't fit. Finally, I just plugged everything in and started it up, surprisingly bios showed with all my of storage devices working. lol pls kill yourself if you think building your first pc is easy

Pictures:

Things I sell:
    1. Steam Games with over 88% discount
    2. Mathway Lifetime Accounts for $7 USD

Mathway covers: Basic Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus, Statistics, Finite Math, Linear Algebra, and Chemistry.

Successful Trades: 100+
    Attempted Scams against me: 1

My current skype: r,i,p,e,r,o,n,i
    Backup skype (incase I get banned again): memes,

Thanks
    sounds like you had fun... did you bleed on it at any point? i find that its normally necessary to make a small blood offering at some point to bless the construction. catching your finger on the inside of the case usually does the trick lol.

2 and a half hours isnt too bad. just think how much money you saved over buying a prebuilt one. plus the satisfaction of knowing you built it yourself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Cool rig man! I started building computers when I was only 14 and I remember people telling my how easy it was but doing it completely different. But now after I have built 51 it is second nature. The only thing I would recommend is practicing better wire management. The better the wire management the easier it is to switch things out or just do any trouble shooting ( also makes it looks pretty ).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I agree with you haha building your first rig is always a little nerve wracking but after that first build it gets much easier. It's not so much the building that's hard its that orientation of certain parts in your PC that make you scratch your head a lot.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Loved building my first rig. Got annoyed when it was finished, to find out my monitor was broken (sent it back)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by robater View Post
    My experience building my first pc
    I just want to congratulated you on your first successful build!! well done!!

btw what are all the specs of this PC? can you list out each part? xP

Thanks
    I've always found putting the tiny motherboard screws in the holes to be the most hard and fiddly part. Nice build btw