Thanks

Cheap computer to render/edit and stream

If someone could help me out by just linking me to a full bought build or just parts that would be fantastic as i can just pirate sony vegas etc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Telling your budget and also the place where you can buy parts would help a lot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbawz View Post
    Telling your budget and also the place where you can buy parts would help a lot.
    $500< Practically any site that can ship to Australia

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Well making an editing/streaming based system in that price range is really awkward, but ill try to figure out something.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 200-240USD
    processor is the most important part of this system, if you can put extra 100 bucks I'd really recommend getting Intel Core i7 4790K, since hyperthreading is so good for CPU hard tasks such as streaming and editing
    MOBO: Asus B85M-G LGA 1150 micro-ATX 80USD
    really limited board but gives everything necessary, again putting 50 usd more would allow you to get decent ATX board with path for upgrades
    RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1600MHz 65USD
    16gb should be enough, althought MOBO has support for second 16gb kit, meaning you can buy second one for total 32gb ram which is totally unnecessary
    HDD: WD Green 2TB 70USD
    since you are building a rig for editing you need mass storage, again this isnt a fast drive and I wouldnt recommend it but if you really want cheap budget... I'd recommend getting SSD + HDD for mass storage but ya, not possible in this price range
    GPU: GTX750Ti 100-150USD
    Again by no means best GPU but the best you can fit in. It is good enough for streaming and editing, but extra 100USD would allow a GTX960.
    PSU: Corsair VS450W 40USD
    will do fine with this build.
    Then get some cheap case you can find.
    Total cost is something close to 600USD with case.

Is this something I'd recommend you to do? Definetly NOT. Yes, it is a rig that can be used for editing and streaming but it lacks upgrade paths and lacks good value to performance. I'd rather just wait till you have around 1000$ for the build, it just simply allows you to get aaaaaaaaaaaa lot better system. But if you really, I mean really really want system which is capable of doing streaming/editing this is what I would go with. It doesn't allow you to have any upgrades besides RAM, so any upgrade will cost a lot.

If you decide to save you money and opt for better overall system this is my recommendation.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
    Yes, it is last gen but still has the best price to performance
    MOBO: Asus Z97-AR
    2x PCIe x16 slots, meaning you can go for SLI. Everything you need and space for upgrades + good for overclocking
    RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB
    Again, you can later get second one for total 32GB. 16GB should be enough thought.
    GPU: GTX960
    Really solid GPU. Also purchasing second one later is a possibility, if the power is needed.
    PSU: Corsair 750W
    750W is enough to power 2x 960's. It doesn't add much cost if u consider the fact that it allows you to get second GPU later.
    Storage: 128GB or 250GB SSD + 2-4TB of HDDs
    Just get a decent/good ssd for windows/other programs, use HDDs as mass storage. Any decent 7200RPM will do.
    +case

That should be around 1000USD and leaves you with tons of upgrade paths, for cheap. Also superior performance compared to the 600USD build. Just save the money, please. (This is the build I recommend for everyone, i7+960 if editing/CPU heavy and i5+970 if gaming. Overall the best price to performance build you can get currently and the amazing upgrade possibilities also.)

EDIT: used amazon for prices, I'm an euro so prices might be little unaccurate.
    Last edited by fizzbawz; 03-01-2016 at 06:29 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fizzbawz For This Useful Post:

AceOfNinjas (03-01-2016),Levent (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Well making an editing/streaming based system in that price range is really awkward, but ill try to figure out something.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 200-240USD
    processor is the most important part of this system, if you can put extra 100 bucks I'd really recommend getting Intel Core i7 4790K, since hyperthreading is so good for CPU hard tasks such as streaming and editing
    MOBO: Asus B85M-G LGA 1150 micro-ATX 80USD
    really limited board but gives everything necessary, again putting 50 usd more would allow you to get decent ATX board with path for upgrades
    RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1600MHz 65USD
    16gb should be enough, althought MOBO has support for second 16gb kit, meaning you can buy second one for total 32gb ram which is totally unnecessary
    HDD: WD Green 2TB 70USD
    since you are building a rig for editing you need mass storage, again this isnt a fast drive and I wouldnt recommend it but if you really want cheap budget... I'd recommend getting SSD + HDD for mass storage but ya, not possible in this price range
    GPU: GTX750Ti 100-150USD
    Again by no means best GPU but the best you can fit in. It is good enough for streaming and editing, but extra 100USD would allow a GTX960.
    PSU: Corsair VS450W 40USD
    will do fine with this build.
    Then get some cheap case you can find.
    Total cost is something close to 600USD with case.

Is this something I'd recommend you to do? Definetly NOT. Yes, it is a rig that can be used for editing and streaming but it lacks upgrade paths and lacks good value to performance. I'd rather just wait till you have around 1000$ for the build, it just simply allows you to get aaaaaaaaaaaa lot better system. But if you really, I mean really really want system which is capable of doing streaming/editing this is what I would go with. It doesn't allow you to have any upgrades besides RAM, so any upgrade will cost a lot.

If you decide to save you money and opt for better overall system this is my recommendation.

2x PCIe x16 slots, meaning you can go for SLI. Everything you need and space for upgrades + good for overclocking
    Again, you can later get second one for total 32GB. 16GB should be enough thought.
    Really solid GPU. Also purchasing second one later is a possibility, if the power is needed.
    750W is enough to power 2x 960's. It doesn't add much cost if u consider the fact that it allows you to get second GPU later.
    Just get a decent/good ssd for windows/other programs, use HDDs as mass storage. Any decent 7200RPM will do.
    +case

That should be around 1000USD and leaves you with tons of upgrade paths, for cheap. Also superior performance compared to the 600USD build. Just save the money, please. (This is the build I recommend for everyone, i7+960 if editing/CPU heavy and i5+970 if gaming. Overall the best price to performance build you can get currently and the amazing upgrade possibilities also.)

Thank you for putting so much effort into this and i think i might try and save my money until i get it to $1000

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

+case

A 960 in a 1000$ build? swap the i7 For an i5 4690k or i5 6600k and with the extra cash get yourself a GTX 970

Quote Originally Posted by kkyakkya View Post
    Fast trade. Very nice guy. Very polite ty a bunch!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meap01 For This Useful Post:

Genocide (03-15-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Save some more money!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrenaline For This Useful Post:

AceOfNinjas (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by meap01 View Post

A 960 in a 1000$ build? swap the i7 For an i5 4690k or i5 6600k and with the extra cash get yourself a GTX 970
    or read the context? Build for editing and streaming. You know what those tasks have in common? Heavy CPU usage. He gains a lot more with i7 than he would with 970. Encoding and rendering(if we don't talk about 3D rendering, which has to do with cuda cores, and in that scenario differnce between 960 and 970 is small = not worth 100$) is pure CPU task and the hyperthreading speeds things up, by a far margin.

Also I mentioned i5+970 combo in the post, so next time you comment please read the context.

EDIT: even the title of the topic is "computer to render/edit and stream"
    Last edited by fizzbawz; 03-03-2016 at 03:19 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fizzbawz For This Useful Post:

AceOfNinjas (03-06-2016),Levent (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You sir deserve my respect... @meap01 you deserve my d8ck.
    Processor AMD FX(tm)-4350 (4.3Ghz) Quad-Core Processor
    Video Card AMD Radeon R7 265 Dual-X
    Memory Corsair 16 GB 1880Ghz
    C.FAN 2x Corsair Blue Motion
    Proccessor Special Fan Special Black Edition Ultra Silenced Corsair AMD FAN

Thanks
    Sorry to annoy you again but would it matter what type of case i build in?
    If so could you link me to a good fairly cheap case c:
    Tysm in advanced @fizzbawz

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfNinjas View Post
    Sorry to annoy you again but would it matter what type of case i build in?
    If so could you link me to a good fairly cheap case c:
    Tysm in advanced @fizzbawz
    NZXT s340 is really solid case and happens to be on sale atm for ~70$ http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-S340-Towe.../dp/B00NGMIBXC
    It has pretty solid build quality and looks really good atleast in my opinion
    Fractal Design Define R4 ~80$ on sale atm http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design.../dp/B008HD3CTI
    comes also in many different colours, really good build quality, optimized for noise reduction, comes with window or you can buy it afterwards for aesthetics
    Those two are more "premium" cases, that have nice build quality paired with good looks, if you want something really simple that'll just do the job check these:
    Corsair Carbide http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbid...fb36518b516c23
    it's actually pretty good looking but build quality no where near as fractal define for an example, but still a really good case for 50$
    Enermax Ostrog http://www.amazon.com/Enermax-Comput.../dp/B009IKC3M6
    another pretty cheap decent looking case

If you manage to find cheap fractal define R3's or R4's go for them. The new define R5 is super expensive atm and it isn't really that much better than the older versions of define. It's pretty much the best case there is looks/build quality/noise wise for below 200$. Budget options should do fine if you don't move your computer too often or do stuff that might damage the case.

EDIT: oh i forgot to answer the main question, if you went with the more expensive build you need to have atleast ATX size case. If you went with the budget option you can also get mATX cases (the one which has micro ATX motherboard).
    Last edited by fizzbawz; 03-09-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks
    Gonna go witht he more expensive build c:

Thanks
    and buy the parts from ebay they're much cheaper

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by ripplehd View Post
    Noooo, don't do this.

Always buy your parts from somewhere you can get warranty or insurance if it's your first build.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by ripplehd View Post
    That is actually an awful advice. Buying stuff from ebay is always a hit or miss. Only reliable sellers such a companies that sell stuff on ebay are trustworthy. Even if it a private seller with a lot of positive feedback there's still a chance of your stuff breaking down. If you bought them for a private seller there is no guarantee that you can get a refund or a replacement. PC components are electric stuff, there are so many different things that can break down so it's definitely smarter to buy off a retailer where you can get warranty.

TBH you have a lot of stupid advices on this subforum, I don't know if you're trolling or trying to help without knowledge. Just keep in mind that someone might actually follow your advices and end up backfiring their build.