Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Punkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    21

    Smile Custom Desktop Issues - Help Please

    Good morning or afternoon,

    My Desktop turns off when I try to play certain games after a few minutes of it in loading screen or menu select.
    I tried:
    - Changing HD to SSD, worked for awhile
    - Changing drivers, League of Legends no longer crashes
    - Reducing number of cores used, Games Lag, but doesn't crash
    - Disable and reenable cores, Games crash less

    If you need anything else to be able to help me out, please let me know. Thank you! ^_^

    ~Punkie

  2. #2
    Trenchguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    165
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Have you checked GPU and CPU temperatures? Are they higher than normal?
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

  3. #3
    Kusanagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    公安9課
    Posts
    1,194
    Reputation
    146
    Thanks
    366
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Have to go with what Trenchgun says.

    Check your CPU temps and how much your CPU is being used when its idling and when you have a game loaded up.

  4. #4
    Trenchguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    165
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Have to go with what Trenchgun says.

    Check your CPU temps and how much your CPU is being used when its idling and when you have a game loaded up.
    Yea, it's possible. But I'm surprised that if it is that, that he hasn't received any warnings. It could also be an issue with one of his pieces of hardware. I remember I had an issue with my computer sometimes failing to boot, and it would sometimes crash on some games, especially hitman, but not some games like assassin's Creed. Turns out I had a faulty motherboard. But it could be an issue with cooling or psu or other. But best to check temperatures first.
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

  5. #5
    Drama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,603
    Reputation
    223
    Thanks
    412
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchguns View Post
    Yea, it's possible. But I'm surprised that if it is that, that he hasn't received any warnings. It could also be an issue with one of his pieces of hardware. I remember I had an issue with my computer sometimes failing to boot, and it would sometimes crash on some games, especially hitman, but not some games like assassin's Creed. Turns out I had a faulty motherboard. But it could be an issue with cooling or psu or other. But best to check temperatures first.
    It could be PSU. My friend would randomly have his PC completely shut off and it did it alot to the point the PSU went out lol. But yeah. Temps could be turning his PC off for protection.
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

    LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)


    #1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."



  6. #6
    Trenchguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    165
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    It could be PSU. My friend would randomly have his PC completely shut off and it did it alot to the point the PSU went out lol. But yeah. Temps could be turning his PC off for protection.
    The more I think about it being the processor the less I think it is. It most definitely can't be the processor heating up, as he should definitely be getting warnings for it, unless his mobo is really old and crap. His gpu should either throttle or it's really fucked up, in which case if he has an igpu he should try without it, although that still may not rule it out.
    Last edited by Trenchguns; 07-10-2016 at 11:11 PM.
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

  7. #7
    Drama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,603
    Reputation
    223
    Thanks
    412
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchguns View Post
    The more I think about it being the processor the less I think it is. It most definitely can't be the processor heating up, as he should definitely be getting warnings for it, unless his mobo is really old and crap. His gpu should either throttle or it's really fucked up, in which case if he has an igpu he should try without it, although that still may not rule it out.
    CPU's getting to hot could result in freezing, idk about complete shut downs. i've installed a CPU water cooler incorrectly (dont ask how lolol) and my cpu temp was off the charts. Went extremely down when i pressed the block up against the CPU. Anyways, it froze once when it hit 80. IDK. Could shutdown also.

    @Punkie, give us some details. Specs and how old they are. Also what hardwares you recently installed.

    Also what's your temps looking like?
    Wanna advertise your shop here? PM me!

    LIKE Grand Theft Auto (GTA)? Wanna get help? enjoy the game? JOIN the official GTA group page! (CLICK GREEN BOX BELOW)


    #1 Dumbasses on MPGH.
    Knives don`t even kill a fraction compared to guns so don`t give me the knife crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    The Only Way You Can Have PC Over Console Is If You Can Build A PC With Better Hardware Than The Console At The Same Price, Which You Can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    "I Mean Sure Yeah It Makes Sense, But It's No Damn Lifesaving Medal", Makes Sense That You'd Have A Medal For Being Justifiably Injured, But It's Not The Same As Earning A Medal That Involves Saving Someones Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab1996426 View Post
    "Once Again, Correcting Someones Improper Grammar Is Not An Attack On Their Person."



  8. #8
    bobby2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    489
    Reputation
    20
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
    Good morning or afternoon,

    My Desktop turns off when I try to play certain games after a few minutes of it in loading screen or menu select.
    I tried:
    - Changing HD to SSD, worked for awhile
    - Changing drivers, League of Legends no longer crashes
    - Reducing number of cores used, Games Lag, but doesn't crash
    - Disable and reenable cores, Games crash less

    If you need anything else to be able to help me out, please let me know. Thank you! ^_^

    ~Punkie
    I used to have a similar problem where every time I booted my computer up it would throw an error saying 'overclocking failed', even though the only non-standard thing running was XMP on the RAM. Very seldom, but still a nuisance, my computer would completely crash on me without warning. The only fix I've found for it was to increase the voltage to the CPU. For me, I set my i7-5820K to 1.3V, but its different for every setup. Try gradual increases (<0.05V) in CPU voltage in your BIOS and see if that solves it for you.
    Method Sales: 172 sales
    Skype: facebook:sandy.anderson.52090

    Contact me to become an affiliate and receive 50% of sales that you refer!

  9. #9
    Trenchguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    165
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Drama View Post
    CPU's getting to hot could result in freezing, idk about complete shut downs. i've installed a CPU water cooler incorrectly (dont ask how lolol) and my cpu temp was off the charts. Went extremely down when i pressed the block up against the CPU. Anyways, it froze once when it hit 80. IDK. Could shutdown also.

    @Punkie, give us some details. Specs and how old they are. Also what hardwares you recently installed.

    Also what's your temps looking like?
    I've forgotten to plug in my cooler, it throttled then completely shut down, rebooting with a max temp warning. He also never says he is getting throttled performance, so it would have to mean that his temperature sensors aren't working properly.
    01110000 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100010 01101001 01101110 01010011 01000100 01110010 01000100 01010111 00110111 01110001 01110110

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trenchguns For This Useful Post:

    Drama (07-11-2016)

  11. #10
    Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    2,976
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    you can check temp by BIOS or software, but I think it's your motherboard or PSU! Can't hold any temps.

  12. #11
    ArseneLupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Trump 2016
    Posts
    1,676
    Reputation
    185
    Thanks
    370
    My Mood
    Happy
    Have you been overclocking?

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] Custom map don't working. Help please!
    By PryaNyasha in forum Realm of the Mad God Private Servers Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 06:18 AM
  2. [Solved] After reading the stickies, still having issues... Help please?
    By laurens007 in forum Garry's Mod Discussions & Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 08:26 PM
  3. [Solved] cmputer issue [HELP PLEASE]
    By spsp31 in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM
  4. QUESTION: What hacks were patched? Hack issues help please.
    By CyanideCandy in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
  5. [HELP] Please Help WIth Issue
    By allstar185pl in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 03:43 PM