Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Question Recommendation for PC Parts (total PC cost $2500 AUD)

So recently I've wanted to upgrade my PC

I Have gotten a EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ recently and was wondering if anyone had any recommendation on parts I should get like CPU, Motherboard, Ram, PSU, SSD, HDD, Cooling (water/air) etc

Current Build

CPU: Intel i3-4160
    Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-Gaming 3
    RAM: 8GB (brand unknown)
    GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    PSU: 500Watt (Unknown Brand)
    HDD: 1TB Seagate (not sure which one)
    SSD: None
    Cooling: 1 Fan + Open Case
    Make sure to refer "LunaFr0st" when ordering your Fitbit SE using the link below

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    With that much money you could build two really good gaming PCs. I personally don't think you should pay that much money for a PC (I think it starts to get a little overkill around 1200-1500 US dollars), but it's your money.

The question is what do you want most out of your PC? Do you want to play almost all games on high-max settings at 1080, 1440, 4k? Do you have a specific game in mind? Do you want to overclock? Do you do a lot of CPU/RAM/GPU intensive tasks outside of gaming like 3d rendering/modeling, Video Editing, or working on high resolution images on Photoshop? You have to buy what you think you're going to utilize at it's full potential. Spending 1800 bucks on stuff you don't need would be totally unnecessary. You could use the rest of that money to buy yourself a decent monitor and peripherals for your PC or leave some money aside if your planning on upgrading (like your GPU).

I'm personally not great at picking out more pricier components since I just usually try to make the best budget PC builds. If you really want to keep the 970 then you have to build a pc that can utilize it at it's full potential. Which shouldn't cost 1800 dollars.

I made this for you if you're interested.

pc partpicker com /list/bTbD7h (sorry I can't post links). I assume you want to overclock? I don't think you need SLI support to be honest.

I also made one if you don't want to overclock. pc partpicker com /list/RzyTpb (can't post links). I change the CPU into a Core i5-6500 instead of a 6500k plus it comes with a stock fan! You could change it to a liquid cooler if you want or get a better cpu cooler. I'm keeping the z170 MOBO because although an h170 would be fine on non K intel cpus, I really want to use DDR4-3000 Ram. Plus maybe you'll eventually upgrade to a Intel k CPU.

That leaves you with about 1000 dollars to spare. That should be enough for future upgrades or even buy a decent monitor and/or periphrials. Also an OS too if you like buying Operating Systems. Maybe buy yourself a nicer case!
    Last edited by MassDebater; 12-04-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    With that much money you could build two really good gaming PCs. I personally don't think you should pay that much money for a PC (I think it starts to get a little overkill around 1200-1500 US dollars), but it's your money.

The question is what do you want most out of your PC? Do you want to play almost all games on high-max settings at 1080, 1440, 4k? Do you have a specific game in mind? Do you want to overclock? Do you do a lot of CPU/RAM/GPU intensive tasks outside of gaming like 3d rendering/modeling, Video Editing, or working on high resolution images on Photoshop? You have to buy what you think you're going to utilize at it's full potential. Spending 1800 bucks on stuff you don't need would be totally unnecessary. You could use the rest of that money to buy yourself a decent monitor and peripherals for your PC or leave some money aside if your planning on upgrading (like your GPU).

I'm personally not great at picking out more pricier components since I just usually try to make the best budget PC builds. If you really want to keep the 970 then you have to build a pc that can utilize it at it's full potential. Which shouldn't cost 1800 dollars.

I made this for you if you're interested.

pc partpicker com /list/bTbD7h (sorry I can't post links). I assume you want to overclock? I don't think you need SLI support to be honest.

I also made one if you don't want to overclock. pc partpicker com /list/RzyTpb (can't post links). I change the CPU into a Core i5-6500 instead of a 6500k plus it comes with a stock fan! You could change it to a liquid cooler if you want or get a better cpu cooler. I'm keeping the z170 MOBO because although an h170 would be fine on non K intel cpus, I really want to use DDR4-3000 Ram. Plus maybe you'll eventually upgrade to a Intel k CPU.

That leaves you with about 1000 dollars to spare. That should be enough for future upgrades or even buy a decent monitor and/or periphrials. Also an OS too if you like buying Operating Systems. Maybe buy yourself a nicer case!
    the first system looks really good, but i plan to be Rendering Videos, Making Video Games/Moddeling for Video Games, and Playing video games at great specs.
    Make sure to refer "LunaFr0st" when ordering your Fitbit SE using the link below

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunafr0st View Post
    the first system looks really good, but i plan to be Rendering Videos, Making Video Games/Moddeling for Video Games, and Playing video games at great specs.
    Try this maybe.

pc partpicker com /list/ZQLRYr

If you're not going to overclock switched the i7-6700k to a i7-6700. You can also switch the cpu cooler to a cooler master hyper 212 evo if you want. A GTX 1070 can play almost all games at 1080p and 1440p so maybe you should invest the rest of you 600 bucks on that. You can choose whatever ATX Mid Tower Case you want just keep in mind the size of you cpu cooler and graphics card.