Thread: WHICH ONE?!?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1

    WHICH ONE?!?!

    660ti or 7950(going to OC)

    In case you were wondering-i5 3570k(might OC, what do you think)

  2. #2
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    7950 really. OC'd it can really outperform a 660Ti.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  3. #3
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    7950 really. OC'd it can really outperform a 660Ti.
    Thankyou finally someone replied to my posts. You think I could get 60 FPS on ultra for BF3 and 40-50 for DayZ

  4. #4
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    No idea. Dont play those games, but according to benchmarks, the 7950 gets 57 FPS on Ultra 1920x1080 with 4x AA so you should be fine, especially with small overclocking.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  5. #5
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    No idea. Dont play those games, but according to benchmarks, the 7950 gets 57 FPS on Ultra 1920x1080 with 4x AA so you should be fine, especially with small overclocking.
    Why whats wrong with them?

  6. #6
    Bengali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    421
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    30
    A 7950 can match or surpass even a 680 when heavily overclocked.

  7. #7
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ferche View Post
    Why whats wrong with them?
    BF3 is hugely overrated and stale as shit with little to no incentive to play the game and Dayz is a joke in the way of zombie games + a boring shitfest?
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  8. #8
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    BF3 is hugely overrated and stale as shit with little to no incentive to play the game and Dayz is a joke in the way of zombie games + a boring shitfest?
    But I like those games (Although I do agree about DayZ getting boring at points. But I get to hacking when that happens)

  9. #9
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ferche View Post
    But I like those games (Although I do agree about DayZ getting boring at points. But I get to hacking when that happens)
    Thats fine. I didnt say you shouldnt play them or anything, I just dont play them because I think they are shit.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  10. #10
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Thats fine. I didnt say you shouldnt play them or anything, I just dont play them because I think they are shit.
    What do you recommend and what kind of performance would I get with those parts

  11. #11
    Genesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    4,106
    Reputation
    1315
    Thanks
    2,466
    A 7950 is your best choice. You can't really compare it to the 660ti as the 7950 (with the new driver updates) is better than a GTX 670 and is on par with a GTX 680 when overclocked.
    helt ensam.

  12. #12
    ANlMUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    297
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ferche View Post
    Thankyou finally someone replied to my posts. You think I could get 60 FPS on ultra for BF3 and 40-50 for DayZ
    no. turn off AA, and maybe.

  13. #13
    ferche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    52
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ANlMUS View Post
    no. turn off AA, and maybe.
    What would I have to change to get that performance with the lowest AA

  14. #14
    ANlMUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    297
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by ferche View Post
    What would I have to change to get that performance with the lowest AA
    I have a 7970 and with AA off, I get 60-90 fps.
    I don't know.

  15. #15
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,872
    Quote Originally Posted by ANlMUS View Post
    I have a 7970 and with AA off, I get 60-90 fps.
    I don't know.
    Benchtests would like to disagree with you. I mentioned earlier, that a 7950 at 1920x1080 can run the game at ultra with 4x AA. His CPU is not bottlenecking anything, so he can pull 60 FPS easily.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. new sig! which one is better ?___?
    By Gourav2122 in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
  2. Lots of Bypasses, Which one?
    By Mike Green Day in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:38 AM
  3. DEBATE: PS3 or XBOX 360. Which one should I buy?
    By Jumpshot in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 12:44 AM
  4. Which one?
    By SadisticGrin in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 08:50 PM
  5. Programming Manuals: which one to post?
    By Jackal in forum Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:15 AM