Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post
    Should I make a 'Build Hankk a Computer Contest' ?

    With a Reward Ofcourse..
    DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTT





  2. #17
    Hankk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada Eh..
    Posts
    617
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post

    DOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTT
    I would be glad to!
    A great way to get help, and give back to the MPGH community at the same time xP
    I would need a little bit of help setting it up n all that, like where to put it,
    rules.. how to judge, ppl to help me judge.. All that..
    But I'm totally excited to do a 'Build Hankk a Computer Contest' xDD
    Last edited by Hankk; 04-08-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Herp Derp





    Want.. Moooore... Inturwebz....

    - Obsidian -

  3. #18
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post
    I would be glad to!
    A great way to get help, and give back to the MPGH community at the same time xP
    I would need a little bit of help setting it up n all that, like where to put it,
    rules.. how to judge, ppl to help me judge.. All that..
    But I'm totally excited to do a 'Build Hankk a Computer Contest' xDD
    Just make a deadline for entries and then make another thread with a poll containing the names
    e.g: "Marceline's build" etc...





  4. #19
    Hankk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada Eh..
    Posts
    617
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post


    Just make a deadline for entries and then make another thread with a poll containing the names
    e.g: "Marceline's build" etc...
    Ok, i'll probably start getting this setup tomorrow, or later today.
    And would I just make a thread for entries with some kind of Application?
    Then on deadline, i'll make a thread with entries, and maybe some Brag-a-Bit section from them.
    I'm not too sure atm, but I know i'm probably going to do this xD hahah
    Herp Derp





    Want.. Moooore... Inturwebz....

    - Obsidian -

  5. #20
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post
    Ok, i'll probably start getting this setup tomorrow, or later today.
    And would I just make a thread for entries with some kind of Application?
    Then on deadline, i'll make a thread with entries, and maybe some Brag-a-Bit section from them.
    I'm not too sure atm, but I know i'm probably going to do this xD hahah
    yeah that's fine
    Wait you live in Canada right?
    Sooooo.... you can buy from NCIX :O
    and NewEgg?





  6. #21
    Hankk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada Eh..
    Posts
    617
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post

    yeah that's fine
    Wait you live in Canada right?
    Sooooo.... you can buy from NCIX :O
    and NewEgg?
    Ok, i'll probably find someone to help me set everything up..
    If you want to that'd be great :P And you can still enter if that's what you wanted to do xD


    And yeah i'm Canadian :3
    I was thinking like post a newegg cart or something and maybe Brag About(Explain) your entry..
    The only problem I have with ordering off newegg would be Shipping time, cause I wanna post the winners rig, and name..
    Then Prizes Shall Be Had

    Herp Derp





    Want.. Moooore... Inturwebz....

    - Obsidian -

  7. #22
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post
    Ok, i'll probably find someone to help me set everything up..
    If you want to that'd be great :P And you can still enter if that's what you wanted to do xD


    And yeah i'm Canadian :3
    I was thinking like post a newegg cart or something and maybe Brag About(Explain) your entry..
    The only problem I have with ordering off newegg would be Shipping time, cause I wanna post the winners rig, and name..
    Then Prizes Shall Be Had

    Yeah I'll help! Do it a bit later in the day though if that's alright since its 4am here LOL





  8. #23
    Hankk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada Eh..
    Posts
    617
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post


    Yeah I'll help! Do it a bit later in the day though if that's alright since its 4am here LOL
    Sounds Great
    It's 12PM Here, and i'll be on around 5PM-12AM or something..
    Soo i'll be on 9AM to around 4PM Your time.. does that work?


    My back-up Laptop is about to Die :l
    Last edited by Hankk; 04-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Herp Derp





    Want.. Moooore... Inturwebz....

    - Obsidian -

  9. #24
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post
    Sounds Great
    It's 12PM Here, and i'll be on around 5PM-12AM or something..
    Soo i'll be on 9AM to around 4PM Your time.. does that work?


    My back-up Laptop is about to Die :l
    That's awesome man! I'm good with that
    talk to you later





  10. #25
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,688
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    The one thing your going to spend half of your money on is the water cooling.
    Make sure you spend more then 1-3k on it, cause if you don't you could end up springing a leak or worse.
    After getting the right water cooling buy a good PSU, I can't stand how many people go buy a cheap one and wonder why it short out their whole pc.
    After you got those 2 vital things down spend the rest on a good GPU, CPU and motherboard.

    If don't know much about it then go find a computer that is already put together.
    Aerodrifting Systems has really good gaming computer from a range. I would try with those if you are not 100% sure.

    If you had the extra money I would go with http://www.ebay.com/itm/Liquid-Coole...item484ad07eab
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 04-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  11. #26
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,763
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    The one thing your going to spend half of your money on is the water cooling.
    Make sure you spend more then 1-3k on it, cause if you don't you could end up springing a leak or worse.
    After getting the right water cooling buy a good PSU, I can't stand how many people go buy a cheap one and wonder why it short out their whole pc.
    After you got those 2 vital things down spend the rest on a good GPU, CPU and motherboard.

    If don't know much about it then go find a computer that is already put together.
    Aerodrifting Systems has really good gaming computer from a range. I would try with those if you are not 100% sure.

    If you had the extra money I would go with Liquid Cooled Intel Core i7 3970X GeForce GTX 690 Quad SLI Gaming Computer PC | eBay
    You wouldn't need to spend 1-3k on water cooling





  12. #27
    neverdie888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    128
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amused
    go on ibuypower or cyberpower to customize ur desktop, click on anything that add money, you see the money go up to 6k in no time
    Goal
    Learn to mod ()
    Learn to make hack ()

  13. #28
    αяgуяσѕ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A Box
    Posts
    1,688
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    137
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post


    You wouldn't need to spend 1-3k on water cooling
    Well I would guess the average spending is usually $300-$600.
    I have seen some PC over the past leak cause they decided to cheap out on the water cooling.
    I just Estimated 1k to be on the safe side, but I would be between $600-$800

    Quote Originally Posted by neverdie888 View Post
    go on ibuypower or cyberpower to customize ur desktop, click on anything that add money, you see the money go up to 6k in no time
    ibuypower is really good, you can get a really good computer from them for like 5.5k, but it is still limited on some features.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 04-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

    ____________________________
    Need help? Pm me
    ___________________________
    Please Press The Thanks If I Helped

  14. #29
    Jlowbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    230
    Reputation
    96
    Thanks
    20
    Please don't be serious.

    Don't spend $6k on one build. And DONT use those build your own PC sites. They charge $500 more than its worth.

    Buy a lucrative Motherboard, Case, and Power Supply. Those are the only things that are "future proof"

    Even a Titan will be obsolete as next generations get better and better.

    Buy a nice AM3+ Motherboard. Get the FX-6300 CPU. It'll play any game fine until the Steamroller FX series comes out and upgrade to the highest model (8650?).

    Same with the GPU. Get a cheap 7950 or 7870xt until the new GPUs come out later this year.

    Don't get those fancy RAM sticks. Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer series give you quality and performance with a sleek minimalist design.



    Don't spend $6,000 on one build. You'll be very disappointed 2 or so years from now when your "over powered" build is deprecated. Spread that money over upgrades and your desktop will be topping benchmarks with years to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Building A Gaming PC under a budget.
    By HolyLord in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 07:31 PM
  2. [Solved] Computer Build.. Budget $600-850
    By ediTv2 in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM
  3. HELP! Building my first Desktop
    By BulletReign in forum General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 11:44 PM
  4. |build a budget desktop PC|
    By tabuzo013 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM