Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused

    New Set Up Proposal Stuff :D

    So basically, i allready have my main pc sorted and i decided instead of buying the two titans im going to be building a more mobile/lan pc.
    So here's some quick specs i just though up.

    Case: BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case - Arctic White
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
    Processor: Either an i5 2500k or an i7 2600k ( Wont be overclocking to keep cool and they're perfect for what i need)
    Ram: Corsair Dominator PLATINUM 16GB
    GPU: EITHER An EVGA GTX 670 FTW or an MSI GTX 680 Power Edition. (I'm not sure whether its worth going for a 680)
    PSU: Corsair AX 650
    Cooler: Not sure on this, Probably going with air cooling.

    Any things you would suggest instead.
    I Was considering going all out with a 690 or titan and a 3970k etc but it's not worth the money for a more lan orientated pc.
    My current pc specs are on my profile thing if you really want to see the.

    This isnt final as i havent looked at sizes for components yet.

  2. #2
    Terror In Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,246
    Reputation
    235
    Thanks
    532
    No point getting a 2500k or 2600k if you won't overclock, just get a 2500 or 2600.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

  3. #3
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTerroriser1 View Post
    No point getting a 2500k or 2600k if you won't overclock, just get a 2500 or 2600.
    I'm not overclocking straight away.
    But i may in the future depending.

  4. #4
    Terror In Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,246
    Reputation
    235
    Thanks
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post

    I'm not overclocking straight away.
    But i may in the future depending.
    Get a 3770k
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

  5. #5
    ickytc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    260
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Definitely go for the 680 if you have the money. And if you're gonna overclock in the future you should consider getting a water cooling system.
    Click the 'Thanks' button at the bottom right if I helped you in some way or if you're a good person looking to thank me for no reason


    My high speed fiber optic internet

  6. #6
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ickytc View Post
    Definitely go for the 680 if you have the money. And if you're gonna overclock in the future you should consider getting a water cooling system.
    I May just put one of my current 680's as its quite probable that i'm selling my other 680 for another ssd and useing the rest for some other shit.
    Decided i'm probably going for titans just for future proofing the pc.

  7. #7
    Jlowbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    230
    Reputation
    96
    Thanks
    20
    What a load of shit.

    Getting an i7 for gaming
    Ugly case.
    Overpriced RAM because it says platinum.
    Buying a overpriced reference card

    Enjoy burning down your parents house. If you're going to throw your money at products designed to rip you off, get a Mac Pro.

  8. #8
    tom96boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    215
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    25
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlowbob View Post
    What a load of shit.

    Getting an i7 for gaming
    Ugly case.
    Overpriced RAM because it says platinum.
    Buying a overpriced reference card

    Enjoy burning down your parents house. If you're going to throw your money at products designed to rip you off, get a Mac Pro.

    "If you're going to throw your money at products designed to rip you off, get a Mac Pro" LOL

    ps. Keep ur current 680 i'd say

  9. #9
    HalfBajan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    5,762
    Reputation
    879
    Thanks
    1,096
    I was thinking about getting that case before I bought my rig. Its the best looking itx case imo!its so awesome





  10. #10
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    I was thinking about getting that case before I bought my rig. Its the best looking itx case imo!its so awesome
    Yeah, i looked at some of the others and they looked horrible ;D

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to uhZylon For This Useful Post:

    HalfBajan (04-17-2013)

  12. #11
    ickytc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    260
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post


    I May just put one of my current 680's as its quite probable that i'm selling my other 680 for another ssd and useing the rest for some other shit.
    Decided i'm probably going for titans just for future proofing the pc.
    Titan? Isn't that a bit overkill?
    Click the 'Thanks' button at the bottom right if I helped you in some way or if you're a good person looking to thank me for no reason


    My high speed fiber optic internet

  13. #12
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ickytc View Post
    Titan? Isn't that a bit overkill?
    Extreme Overkill
    But il be upgrading eventually anyway so why not now?

  14. #13
    Terror In Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,246
    Reputation
    235
    Thanks
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by ickytc View Post
    Titan? Isn't that a bit overkill?
    He said he wanted to future-proof his pc.
    That will do the trick graphics-wise
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

  15. #14
    ickytc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    260
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post

    Extreme Overkill
    But il be upgrading eventually anyway so why not now?
    Awesome stuff there.
    Click the 'Thanks' button at the bottom right if I helped you in some way or if you're a good person looking to thank me for no reason


    My high speed fiber optic internet

Similar Threads

  1. [Release] NEw set unlock
    By rogerizaac in forum Adventure Quest Worlds (AQW) Hacks / Cheats / Trainers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 12:09 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 11:01 AM
  3. new stuff
    By sodoku in forum WolfTeam Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 09:45 AM
  4. New stuff
    By jadedfrog in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 12:52 AM
  5. New Warrock Skin Stuff
    By Kyojiro in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 10:55 AM