Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Joshcarr2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☠☆★☆★☆☠
    Posts
    11,017
    Reputation
    880
    Thanks
    2,626
    My Mood
    Lurking

    Need help with build

    I'm only going to spend up to 2k$ on this build. I want a gaming computer I wont have to fuck with for a few years. Some thing that will run any game maxed out and still get 100+ fps with fraps on.

  2. #2
    uhZylon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    192.168.1.1
    Posts
    809
    Reputation
    39
    Thanks
    364
    My Mood
    Amused
    Don't have time to get a build written at the moment but i found this video:

  3. #3
    Terror In Paradise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,246
    Reputation
    235
    Thanks
    532
    GTX 690/Titan
    i7 3970x
    For hdd either go with a western digital velociraptor or caviar black
    Either get water cooling (better for performance because it can keep things very cool) or just go with fans (obvously)
    I suggest getting a corsair h100i or higher (don't know the latest versions) if you only want to water cool your processor
    Case: something big so anything will fir in it, I suggest something like the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Tower because it's really big / has a lot of space
    Motherboard: asus rampage extreme iv, this shouldn't bottleneck anything.
    Ram: 32GB or 64GB (only if you want it) I suggest Corsair Vengence 1866MHz ram
    Power supply: 1200 watt, I suggets corsair again

    Like I said this is just my suggestions.
    Error 404 Signature Not Found

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post
    Don't have time to get a build written at the moment but i found this video:
    Stopped watching when he recommended OCZ as an SSD. Obviously has no idea what he's on about and just looks up whatevers the fastest at the moment.

    Joshcarr2006

    http://pc partp ic ker.com/p/VBNk

    That's all you'll ever need. Should last around 4 years depending on how fast games utilize VRAM and extra cores.

    You can lower the price with a cheaper HDD or skip the optical drive or grab a Hyper212 instead of the Corsair H100i. I'd leave everything else though.


    ---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTerroriser1 View Post
    GTX 690/Titan
    i7 3970x
    For hdd either go with a western digital velociraptor or caviar black
    Either get water cooling (better for performance because it can keep things very cool) or just go with fans (obvously)
    I suggest getting a corsair h100i or higher (don't know the latest versions) if you only want to water cool your processor
    Case: something big so anything will fir in it, I suggest something like the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Tower because it's really big / has a lot of space
    Motherboard: asus rampage extreme iv, this shouldn't bottleneck anything.
    Ram: 32GB or 64GB (only if you want it) I suggest Corsair Vengence 1866MHz ram
    Power supply: 1200 watt, I suggets corsair again

    Like I said this is just my suggestions.
    Do you ever read the fucking post? Do you not see the price requirement? You don't even mention an SSD. If you're going to bloat out the latest and greatest at least pretend to know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Doc; 05-07-2013 at 05:33 AM.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Joshcarr2006 (06-19-2013),segerydrth (05-07-2013)

  6. #5
    segerydrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,262
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    112
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by uhZylon View Post
    Don't have time to get a build written at the moment but i found this video:
    ocz ssd u got to be shitting me

    Beware of imposters, only add me using this button.

  7. #6
    Officer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH police department
    Posts
    79
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Stopped watching when he recommended OCZ as an SSD. Obviously has no idea what he's on about and just looks up whatevers the fastest at the moment.

    Joshcarr2006

    http://pc partp ic ker.com/p/VBNk

    That's all you'll ever need. Should last around 4 years depending on how fast games utilize VRAM and extra cores.

    You can lower the price with a cheaper HDD or skip the optical drive or grab a Hyper212 instead of the Corsair H100i. I'd leave everything else though.


    ---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------



    Do you ever read the fucking post? Do you not see the price requirement? You don't even mention an SSD. If you're going to bloat out the latest and greatest at least pretend to know what you're talking about.
    Nvm see the case. Okay thank you hope this shit doesn't take too long to ship. Also does this come with an OS or do I need to buy one? I think I still have my windows 7 shit some were. Also does it come with the shit to link both GFX cards? I wont be putting this computer together I'm just going to buy the shit then have my friend do it. Also I don't really know how I feel about the Liquid CPU Cooler really do not want liquid around that much money.
    Last edited by Officer Bob; 05-08-2013 at 02:10 AM.

  8. #7
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Bob View Post
    Nvm see the case. Okay thank you hope this shit doesn't take too long to ship. Also does this come with an OS or do I need to buy one? I think I still have my windows 7 shit some were. Also does it come with the shit to link both GFX cards? I wont be putting this computer together I'm just going to buy the shit then have my friend do it. Also I don't really know how I feel about the Liquid CPU Cooler really do not want liquid around that much money.
    Doesnt come with OS but you can probably SE an oem copy or just pirate it. The Sli bridge connector comes with the cars. Also self contained liquid coolers are very reliable, like really reliable. Plus I think theres a guarantee that if the cooler is faulty then corsair will cover the damages, but dont quote me on it. But like I said, if you arent going to overclock then a $30 Hyper 212 is more than enough.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Officer Bob (05-08-2013)

  10. #8
    Kuro Tenshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Playing Eroges/DigiArt sculpting (No ... At internship)
    Posts
    3,635
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    746
    My Mood
    Blah
    idk if you can wait a +/- a half year as the new Intel i7 4000 series will get released in the Q3 of this year. + maybe the new 700 line of Nvidia( btw idk if the titan is really a recommendation as the Titan has more memory and stuff it still falls short on the EVGA 690 and with the release of the new I overheat Ati HD 7990(or something, (looks shitty as hell with the 3 cheap plastic looking fans... though I think that this will allow for more cooling than the titan will get with the single fan(i know for a fact that this design is good but yeah i don't think it will cool all the way down at the very end of the heatsink)).

    Owyeah hmm maybe he can alter the gpu's to Msi Geforce 670 Power Edition /OC if he want's to overclock the gpu's aswell. My single never exceeded 50 degrees. after a 3 day running time (long live lan parties e___e). Why i mention this one is because of the voltage tweaking instead of using software to overclock it.

    And if he doens't want to overclock wouldn't he be able to exchange the 3770k for a 3770 sure has 0.1 ghz per core less but yeah it saves allot of cash in my country atleast (arround 50-100 euro's)


    BTW who recommended the 39xx series? if you buy one of those ... sure you have a 6 core but damn the prices and if you want one of the best GPU your almost exceeding the budget.
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 05-08-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html


    @ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist


    neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    http://bakyurayuu.deviantart.com/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

  11. #9
    Officer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH police department
    Posts
    79
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post
    idk if you can wait a +/- a half year as the new Intel i7 4000 series will get released in the Q3 of this year. + maybe the new 700 line of Nvidia( btw idk if the titan is really a recommendation as the Titan has more memory and stuff it still falls short on the EVGA 690 and with the release of the new I overheat Ati HD 7990(or something, (looks shitty as hell with the 3 cheap plastic looking fans... though I think that this will allow for more cooling than the titan will get with the single fan(i know for a fact that this design is good but yeah i don't think it will cool all the way down at the very end of the heatsink)).

    Owyeah hmm maybe he can alter the gpu's to Msi Geforce 670 Power Edition /OC if he want's to overclock the gpu's aswell. My single never exceeded 50 degrees. after a 3 day running time (long live lan parties e___e). Why i mention this one is because of the voltage tweaking instead of using software to overclock it.

    And if he doens't want to overclock wouldn't he be able to exchange the 3770k for a 3770 sure has 0.1 ghz per core less but yeah it saves allot of cash in my country atleast (arround 50-100 euro's)


    BTW who recommended the 39xx series? if you buy one of those ... sure you have a 6 core but damn the prices and if you want one of the best GPU your almost exceeding the budget.
    I hate waiting it's going to piss me off waiting for all the stuff to come then wait for my friend to build it. Price isn't a problem really so if I go over 100$ or so then that's fine. I don't know shit about computers to do all that over clocking stuff. I just want something I wont have to mess with for a few years. This will also be my first gaming computer I ever had.

  12. #10
    Kuro Tenshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Playing Eroges/DigiArt sculpting (No ... At internship)
    Posts
    3,635
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    746
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Bob View Post
    I hate waiting it's going to piss me off waiting for all the stuff to come then wait for my friend to build it. Price isn't a problem really so if I go over 100$ or so then that's fine. I don't know shit about computers to do all that over clocking stuff. I just want something I wont have to mess with for a few years. This will also be my first gaming computer I ever had.
    With the build doc made you should be able to play games for the oncomming 3-4 years at the very least without much trouble. Mainly because games the arent allot of games that use more than 2 cores. + and even whilst this isn't supported you'll have a slight advantage using Multithreaded CPU's.

    With the current keplar design you can play most games maxed out with also using (the new) TXAA & FXAA formats. Though its a shame that you will not have the Nvidia Boost V2 as it only exists on the Titan gpu.

    The included Seagate 3TB works nicely though you should really use a SATAIII port to get more out of it (btw if it runs short on power (insufficiant watt) it wont boot up if you put your pc on sleep mode). BTW is 750 Watt enough as the gpu's will use 190Watt-250watt each (Nvidia Boost 1.0).

    The Asrock Extreme6 would be a bad choice for this setup as the top will gpu lane be the only 16x slot. I know as I own one of these. The preformance loss will be rather big as the dual 670 would both need to run on x8 to be compatible(as I can recall) so this will be reduced to a speed like a 680. and you'd pay 200 dollars extra for less. I'd recommend a other extreme board or cheaper gigibyte board (These will have 3x x16 slots and still cost 150usd) or pay 20 dollars more for ASUS or Asrock Fatality.
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 05-08-2013 at 05:10 AM.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html


    @ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist


    neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    http://bakyurayuu.deviantart.com/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

  13. #11
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Tenshi View Post


    With the build doc made you should be able to play games for the oncomming 3-4 years at the very least without much trouble. Mainly because games the arent allot of games that use more than 2 cores. + and even whilst this isn't supported you'll have a slight advantage using Multithreaded CPU's.

    With the current keplar design you can play most games maxed out with also using (the new) TXAA & FXAA formats. Though its a shame that you will not have the Nvidia Boost V2 as it only exists on the Titan gpu.

    The included Seagate 3TB works nicely though you should really use a SATAIII port to get more out of it (btw if it runs short on power (insufficiant watt) it wont boot up if you put your pc on sleep mode). BTW is 750 Watt enough as the gpu's will use 190Watt-250watt each (Nvidia Boost 1.0).

    The Asrock Extreme6 would be a bad choice for this setup as the top will gpu lane be the only 16x slot. I know as I own one of these. The preformance loss will be rather big as the dual 670 would both need to run on x8 to be compatible(as I can recall) so this will be reduced to a speed like a 680. and you'd pay 200 dollars extra for less. I'd recommend a other extreme board or cheaper gigibyte board (These will have 3x x16 slots and still cost 150usd) or pay 20 dollars more for ASUS or Asrock Fatality.
    Damn I thought both slots ran on 16x on all Z77 boards with the new lane controller.

  14. #12
    Kuro Tenshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Playing Eroges/DigiArt sculpting (No ... At internship)
    Posts
    3,635
    Reputation
    70
    Thanks
    746
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Damn I thought both slots ran on 16x on all Z77 boards with the new lane controller.
    It;s pethatic to see even x4 slots appear. but yeah I own the mobo as I only restict myself to a single gpu + this one should be overclock ready with the additional 4 pin molex (male) connecter on the mobo it self.
    Last edited by Kuro Tenshi; 05-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    DigiDrawing|+ ( (Elfen Archer) )
    Link:
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/148-showro...en-archer.html


    @ Anime Section,Otaku/weeabo (orz.) @Graphics Section, Novice DigiArtist


    neuest gift from Yura~Chan:
    http://bakyurayuu.deviantart.com/#/d372taw
    2nd Place MOTM#9 Theme: CharMods - Combat Arms [No - Thanks] button
    come on you know that don't want to push that ordinary button

  15. #13
    Sabrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Cold
    CPU:: Intel core i7 3770K Will handle everything, editing programs and gaming.
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Will easily overclock your CPU to 4.5ghz and will reduce the noise level. (Best CPU cooler on the market)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Best Overclocking board that has extra features.
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Low profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Plenty of memory if you want to do editing.
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Retail Box One of the best SSDs. Install your OS on this along with some games.
    HDD: Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Keep your movies, games, music etc on this. All the main programs should remain on SSD.
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 3GB Beast GPU, beats 680 in most tests. If you want editing power though, go for a 680.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R Case - Black Sexy looking case, has heaps of HDD/SSD racks along with nice LED fans. Will be easy to install your stuff in as well.
    Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P Modular PSU, its 80+ Bronze, if you want more efficiency, go for Silver/Gold and Platinum being the highest.

    Good luck with the build !
    All these components will blend in really well.
    If you need help don't be hesitant to PM me.

  16. #14
    IcountToThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    377
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrox View Post
    CPU:: Intel core i7 3770K Will handle everything, editing programs and gaming.
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Will easily overclock your CPU to 4.5ghz and will reduce the noise level. (Best CPU cooler on the market)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Best Overclocking board that has extra features.
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz Low profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Plenty of memory if you want to do editing.
    SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD Retail Box One of the best SSDs. Install your OS on this along with some games.
    HDD: Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Keep your movies, games, music etc on this. All the main programs should remain on SSD.
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition 3GB Beast GPU, beats 680 in most tests. If you want editing power though, go for a 680.
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R Case - Black Sexy looking case, has heaps of HDD/SSD racks along with nice LED fans. Will be easy to install your stuff in as well.
    Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P Modular PSU, its 80+ Bronze, if you want more efficiency, go for Silver/Gold and Platinum being the highest.

    Good luck with the build !
    All these components will blend in really well.
    If you need help don't be hesitant to PM me.
    Upgrade PSU to something thats sufficient for a SLI/Xfire build later on. 600W is cutting it close.

  17. #15
    s8n.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,259
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    61
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    For a budget of $2000, you can get something really, really good. You can check all sorts of websites online.
    "It doesn't matter who the people voted for; they always vote for us".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Request] Anyone Need Help With Building There Server?
    By Birdy in forum Minecraft Server Advertising
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 04:32 PM
  2. [Help Request] Need help with making binds !
    By JonathanTBM in forum Vindictus Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 08:40 PM
  3. [Help Request] Need help with numpad while recording macro !
    By JonathanTBM in forum Vindictus Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 08:37 PM
  4. [Help Request] need help with mod
    By .:MUS1CFR34K:. in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 GSC Modding Help/Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 01:40 PM
  5. [Help Request] need help with modding
    By BayBee Alyn in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 10:06 PM