Thread: I need help.

Thanks

I need help.

Need some help building a rig. Looking to spend $1000-$1200.

Preferably an Intel build. Does not need to include monitor.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Alright. So, you didn't state whether or not you will be overclocking, gaming, need an SSD, etc. But anyway, here are the parts I rounded up.

Case - So the case I selected was the Corsair Carbide Series 300R, it's a nice looking case, in my opinion.

CPU - For your CPU I selected the Intel Core i5-3570k, or if you don't need/want to overclock, the Intel Core i5-3570 (though, I would just suggest getting the K version, if you ever decide to overclock as it's only $5 more).

Heatsink - You may want an after-market heatsink, or not. If you do, I suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. It's a fantastic cooler, and it's on the cheaper side (you will want to buy this if you plan on over-clocking).

RAM - RAM comes with the motherboard I selected, but that is a limited offer. This RAM is also faster, and G.Skill so... it's awesome. I selected the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8gb (2 x 4gb) DDR3-1333 CL7

GPU - The MSI Twin-Frozr Radeon HD 7950, is what I have chosen. Don't need that much GPU horsepower? Step down to the EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5.

Motherboard - MSI makes good boards, and I saw this- the MSI Z77A-GD55. Comes with some nifty features (On-board Power, Reset and Overclock buttons (useless most of the time but still neat)), and has two SATA 6GB/s (which is what you'll need for your SSD (if you plan to get one) and HDD), has plenty of PCI-E slots and supports up to 32GB of RAM, so if you ever need more, just order another set of the same stuff and stick it in.

HDD - Western Digital... some people say they're great, some say they're bad. I chose the Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD.

SSD - Does he need an SSD? Does he want an SSD? I don't know, so I listed one to be sure. I chose the Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD. It's fast, reliable and ... awesome.

PSU - The most precious part of the computer. Now, Rosewill doesn't make too bad of PSUs, so I chose the Rosewill CAPSTONE Series 750W 80 Plus Gold PSU for you. While it's not even semi-modular, it delivers 750 watts on a single 12V rail and is 80 Plus Gold, so it's nice and efficient.

Total Price (First items I list, HS + RAM + SSD) - $1,180.7

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Liteaku For This Useful Post:

-Lame (05-19-2013)

Thanks
    http:/ /pcpart picker.com /p/Yjqx (remove spaces)

If you need an operating system/optical drive, drop the 670 2GB to a 660Ti.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Click the 'Thanks' button at the bottom right if I helped you in some way or if you're a good person looking to thank me for no reason

My high speed fiber optic internet

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liteaku View Post
    Alright. So, you didn't state whether or not you will be overclocking, gaming, need an SSD, etc. But anyway, here are the parts I rounded up.

Case - So the case I selected was the Corsair Carbide Series 300R, it's a nice looking case, in my opinion.

CPU - For your CPU I selected the Intel Core i5-3570k, or if you don't need/want to overclock, the Intel Core i5-3570 (though, I would just suggest getting the K version, if you ever decide to overclock as it's only $5 more).

Heatsink - You may want an after-market heatsink, or not. If you do, I suggest the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. It's a fantastic cooler, and it's on the cheaper side (you will want to buy this if you plan on over-clocking).

RAM - RAM comes with the motherboard I selected, but that is a limited offer. This RAM is also faster, and G.Skill so... it's awesome. I selected the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8gb (2 x 4gb) DDR3-1333 CL7

GPU - The MSI Twin-Frozr Radeon HD 7950, is what I have chosen. Don't need that much GPU horsepower? Step down to the EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5.

Motherboard - MSI makes good boards, and I saw this- the MSI Z77A-GD55. Comes with some nifty features (On-board Power, Reset and Overclock buttons (useless most of the time but still neat)), and has two SATA 6GB/s (which is what you'll need for your SSD (if you plan to get one) and HDD), has plenty of PCI-E slots and supports up to 32GB of RAM, so if you ever need more, just order another set of the same stuff and stick it in.

HDD - Western Digital... some people say they're great, some say they're bad. I chose the Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD.

SSD - Does he need an SSD? Does he want an SSD? I don't know, so I listed one to be sure. I chose the Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD. It's fast, reliable and ... awesome.

PSU - The most precious part of the computer. Now, Rosewill doesn't make too bad of PSUs, so I chose the Rosewill CAPSTONE Series 750W 80 Plus Gold PSU for you. While it's not even semi-modular, it delivers 750 watts on a single 12V rail and is 80 Plus Gold, so it's nice and efficient.

What this guy said, except grab this power supply instead. SILVERSTONE ST60F-P 600W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com Definitely want modular and the Strider series are some of the best PSU's on the market.

Threadstarter
    Vital Part of My Personality.
    Trusted
    Nigger
    Super User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

What this guy said, except grab this power supply instead. SILVERSTONE ST60F-P 600W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com Definitely want modular and the Strider series are some of the best PSU's on the market.
    Thank you both for the input, and I guess I should of provided more detail into what I needed.

I would definitely like an SSD, so thank you for adding that in there.
    The computer will be for high end gaming and possibly hosting a server(minecraft) in the future.

Is this still your recommendation?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin View Post

Thank you both for the input, and I guess I should of provided more detail into what I needed.

I would definitely like an SSD, so thank you for adding that in there.
    The computer will be for high end gaming and possibly hosting a server(minecraft) in the future.

Is this still your recommendation?
    Yep, more than enough power for every game you throw at it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Very solid Info you got there