Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused

    Need a Good CPU Recommendation

    Hey, I was just wondering what would be a good cost-effective CPU that you guys recommend.

    I'm currently using a Intel® Core™ i3-2105 that I got back in Sept. 2011 (when it was fairly new); and although it HAS served me VERY VERY well, I'm currently interested in getting an upgrade. What do you guys think would be a cost-effective upgrade that will give me a significant boost, while also not breaking my bank? (Ideally no more than 220$)

    Thanks in advance! ^_^

    P.S: NO AMD.
    Last edited by scotbud123; 06-11-2013 at 12:03 AM.








     





















  2. #2
    monyetbodat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    32
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    why not waiting intel haswell?
    that's a new technology also a good.

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by monyetbodat View Post
    why not waiting intel haswell?
    that's a new technology also a good.
    Dude, not trying to be mean here when I say this, but you're really going to need to write that in English that is at LEAST a bit more proper for me to understand.

    If you're asking why don't I get a new Intel, I want one, that's the point. I just want one that functions well, is a significant upgrade to this one, but doesn't break the bank.








     





















  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (06-11-2013)

  6. #5
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned my motherboard too, I just checked the compatibility of my board, and it does support that. What kind of performance increases can I expect to see. For example, I can Stream WoW on almost ultra settings at 720p and get about 50-60 FPS now, would I be able to do the same at 1080p? (My internet and the rest of my specs can support it).

    Thanks in advance! ^_^








     





















  7. #6
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned my motherboard too, I just checked the compatibility of my board, and it does support that. What kind of performance increases can I expect to see. For example, I can Stream WoW on almost ultra settings at 720p and get about 50-60 FPS now, would I be able to do the same at 1080p? (My internet and the rest of my specs can support it).

    Thanks in advance! ^_^
    What's your full spec's btw?
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  8. #7
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
    What's your full spec's btw?
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3

    GPU: ASUS GTX660-DC2-2GD5

    Memory (8GB worth, 2 of these): Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 BL51264BA160A

    and obviously

    CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2105

    Standard 550 Watt PSU (which I know, needs upgrading).

    The only other noteworthy piece is my mouse I guess, but that's not internal.

    Razer Deathadder (2012 Version)

    That's it, 24 Inch TV that I use as a monitor, but nothing special there.

    Edit: Oh yeah, I have 2 HDDs.

    500 GB (where my OS is): Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS

    2 TB (extra data like games and movies): Hitachi HDS723020BLA642
    Last edited by scotbud123; 06-11-2013 at 05:58 AM.








     





















  9. #8
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned my motherboard too, I just checked the compatibility of my board, and it does support that. What kind of performance increases can I expect to see. For example, I can Stream WoW on almost ultra settings at 720p and get about 50-60 FPS now, would I be able to do the same at 1080p? (My internet and the rest of my specs can support it).

    Thanks in advance! ^_^
    Should be able to do it with ease.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (06-11-2013)

  11. #9
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Should be able to do it with ease.
    Sweet! Thanks a ton man, I'm probably going to end up getting it! ^_^








     





















  12. #10
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3

    GPU: ASUS GTX660-DC2-2GD5

    Memory (8GB worth, 2 of these): Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 BL51264BA160A

    and obviously

    CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2105

    Standard 550 Watt PSU (which I know, needs upgrading).

    The only other noteworthy piece is my mouse I guess, but that's not internal.

    Razer Deathadder (2012 Version)

    That's it, 24 Inch TV that I use as a monitor, but nothing special there.

    Edit: Oh yeah, I have 2 HDDs.

    500 GB (where my OS is): Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS

    2 TB (extra data like games and movies): Hitachi HDS723020BLA642
    Move your OS to the 2 tb disk.
    16 mb cache vs 64 mb cache...
    The OS will load up 3-4x times faster and it will be alot more stabler on your second disk.

    Taking that out of the picture unless your upload speed is - then idk 10 mb upload you wont have any problems streaming.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  13. #11
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
    Move your OS to the 2 tb disk.
    16 mb cache vs 64 mb cache...
    The OS will load up 3-4x times faster and it will be alot more stabler on your second disk.

    Taking that out of the picture unless your upload speed is - then idk 10 mb upload you wont have any problems streaming.
    I don't mind if my OS takes a little longer the load, I just go take a piss or something while my computer is turning on. It only takes about 60-90 seconds anyways. And yeah, my speed will support it.








     





















  14. #12
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I don't mind if my OS takes a little longer the load, I just go take a piss or something while my computer is turning on. It only takes about 60-90 seconds anyways. And yeah, my speed will support it.
    here's tip even if you don't move your os to the other disk.
    Instal games and other crap to the side hdd for better loading speeds.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  15. #13

  16. #14
    bullpop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,695
    Reputation
    287
    Thanks
    2,168
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I would go for a 3570k or 3770k if you can.

    The 3570k is beautiful! I've ownd it for reviews etc. It's a BEAUTY.

    But now I run on my 3930k
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

  17. #15
    Threadstarter
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Occidi de Pax View Post
    here's tip even if you don't move your os to the other disk.
    Instal games and other crap to the side hdd for better loading speeds.
    Yeah, of course. All my media, games, etc. are on the 2TB. No point in putting unneeded shit on my OS's HDD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delko DJ View Post
    wait for the new haswell cpu
    Well, the thing is I want something that's NOT going to break the bank. You think they're going to have cheaper low end versions of that?

    Quote Originally Posted by bullpop View Post
    I would go for a 3570k or 3770k if you can.

    The 3570k is beautiful! I've ownd it for reviews etc. It's a BEAUTY.

    But now I run on my 3930k
    That's the one Doc recommended.








     





















Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need a GOOD warrock acc.
    By ltkort213 in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
  2. Need a good UCE TUT
    By ilovepie21 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
  3. Need a good download link for VB6
    By Shadow Eye in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
  4. i need a good gunz account
    By xtrylanx in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
  5. Need A Good Hacker!! Fun !!!!
    By condor01 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM