Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    ApollosJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    Building new computer from scratch [HELP]

    I know how to put computers together and i just need help as to what i get. I already have a Nividia Geforce GTX660TI but can upgrade if essential.



    BUDGET : $2250

  2. #2
    Domokun_index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,962
    Reputation
    336
    Thanks
    1,220
    What current parts do you have?

  3. #3
    ApollosJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    32GB Kingston Ram, i5 3570k Processor (ivy bridge) NivGeforce GTX660 TI and watercooler, kept those parts after selling off old parts, to add another $750 to my budget

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ApollosJr View Post
    32GB Kingston Ram, i5 3570k Processor (ivy bridge) NivGeforce GTX660 TI and watercooler, kept those parts after selling off old parts, to add another $750 to my budget
    What were your old parts?

  5. #5
    Domokun_index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,962
    Reputation
    336
    Thanks
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

    What were your old parts?
    They're his current parts. So his old ones.

  6. #6
    Sunstreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEUTSCHLAND
    Posts
    649
    Reputation
    446
    Thanks
    61
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    To what is the CPU overclocked? At what MhZ is the RAM running? Do you want to keep that 660ti? Selling it and getting dual 780 would be way more efficient...Although you might need a new CPU to than get their full power?

    As mobo get the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Power Supply: Seasonic Platinium Series 1kW

    you can also check: Logical Increments - PC Buying Guide

  7. #7
    JVBD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm guessing you already know this, but purchase both a SSD and HD. OS on SSD, and almost everything else on HD (1 TB is plenty for gaming/music/videos)

    Type www(dot)tigerdirect(dot)com before the forward slash.
    20GB Solid State Drive - 2.5" Form Factor, SATA III, 530 MB/s Read Speed, 130 MB/s Write Speed
    /applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5247113&Sku=S203-8003
    1TB Desktop Hard Drive - SATA 6Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB Cache
    /applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3232686&CatId=2459

    Well besides the internal PC components, there are always the external components to think of.
    Monitors, Keyboard, Mouse, etc.

    ---
    Forgot to add that this specific SSD is $10 off for today only. So get it while you can.
    Last edited by JVBD; 07-19-2013 at 07:32 AM.

  8. #8
    segerydrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,266
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    112
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
    To what is the CPU overclocked? At what MhZ is the RAM running? Do you want to keep that 660ti? Selling it and getting dual 780 would be way more efficient...Although you might need a new CPU to than get their full power?

    As mobo get the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Power Supply: Seasonic Platinium Series 1kW

    you can also check: Logical Increments - PC Buying Guide
    Getting a rampage and 2 780s is his bugit gone lol

    Beware of imposters, only add me using this button.

  9. #9
    Sunstreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEUTSCHLAND
    Posts
    649
    Reputation
    446
    Thanks
    61
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by segerydrth View Post
    Getting a rampage and 2 780s is his bugit gone lol
    ups, thought he meant that we should add 750$ to his budget ^^ , anyways dual 780s + rampage = about 1.9k still gives him 300-400 for all the other shit... case, hdd, ssd, ps etc.

  10. #10
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
    ups, thought he meant that we should add 750$ to his budget ^^ , anyways dual 780s + rampage = about 1.9k still gives him 300-400 for all the other shit... case, hdd, ssd, ps etc.
    And a hole in his wallet for next to no reason. What a ridiculous waste of money.

  11. #11
    Sunstreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEUTSCHLAND
    Posts
    649
    Reputation
    446
    Thanks
    61
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

    And a hole in his wallet for next to no reason. What a ridiculous waste of money.
    hows it a waste of money?

  12. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
    hows it a waste of money?
    2 grand for just GPU and mono is always a waste of money. Why not just a single 780 or at least dual 770 if he wants surround? Why the rampage? That motherboard is atrociously overpriced for such niche features.

Similar Threads

  1. Building new computer
    By Skulhead = hacked. in forum General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
  2. New Computer Build
    By InHuman in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
  3. Thinking of building a new computer
    By alexperrotp in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
  4. New computer build
    By sander37 in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 03:54 AM
  5. 1 Helpful way to protect computer from viruses!
    By Pixie in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 11:31 PM