Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,429
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    318

    DAFUQ? [hyper 212+]

    so today i got my hyper 212 plus and it took a while to installed but the problem is that my cpu temp is now higher then it was when i had my stock cooler... dafuq? my stock cooler gave me around 33c but the hyper 212+ is giving me 48c wtf is going on???? also i put a pea size thermal paste on

  2. #2
    jwgering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post
    .
    Please work on your grammar, and it appears to be a common problem with that CPU cooler from the quick Google search I did, but you might need to check if its seated correctly and you also might want to try a different thermal paste.

  3. #3
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,429
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    318
    nvm... restarted it and it went down... but it's the same temp as the stock fan cooler.... should it be cooler than the stock?

    Quote Originally Posted by jwgering View Post
    Please work on your grammar, and it appears to be a common problem with that CPU cooler from the quick Google search I did, but you might need to check if its seated correctly and you also might want to try a different thermal paste.
    lol sorry, and what do you mean by seated?
    Last edited by w4ssup; 07-22-2013 at 06:40 PM.

  4. #4
    jwgering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post
    .
    It depends on what your previous CPU cooler was, but the difference in CPU's (depending on your previous CPU cooler type) should just be that your new CPU cooler is more reliable.

  5. #5
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,429
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgering View Post
    It depends on what your previous CPU cooler was, but the difference in CPU's (depending on your previous CPU cooler type) should just be that your new CPU cooler is more reliable.
    my previous cpu cooler is a stock cooler that came with my cpu

  6. #6
    jwgering's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post


    my previous cpu cooler is a stock cooler that came with my cpu
    Alright, well then you either need to use a different thermal paste, check its seated properly, or your stock CPU is all you needed.

  7. #7
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,429
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgering View Post
    Alright, well then you either need to use a different thermal paste, check its seated properly, or your stock CPU is all you needed.
    still dont know what "seated" mean

  8. #8
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by w4ssup View Post


    still dont know what "seated" mean
    Make sure it's seated flush or square. Also all coolers will remain the same temp at idle and will never go below room temp without active cooling. Also the cooler will only ever be as effective as the rest of your cooling. The reason why you get an aftermarket cooler is because it will have lower temps during load. The idle temps are always going to be roughly the same.

  9. #9
    w4ssup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,429
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Make sure it's seated flush or square. Also all coolers will remain the same temp at idle and will never go below room temp without active cooling. Also the cooler will only ever be as effective as the rest of your cooling. The reason why you get an aftermarket cooler is because it will have lower temps during load. The idle temps are always going to be roughly the same.
    oooo ok :P

  10. #10
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    will never go below room temp without active cooling
    ​Apparently he was expecting exothermic reactions.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aborted For This Useful Post:

    Doc (07-22-2013)

Similar Threads

  1. After 212 creates....
    By RequestANameChange in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM
  2. Not super, hyper?
    By Soyo11 in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 08:10 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:12 PM
  4. HELP PELASE HTML/HYPER LINK/SIGNATURE!!!!
    By FrogIsHam in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 05:36 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM