Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused

    [Suggest Upgrades] My Computer Build

    System Manufacturer: eMachines
    System Model: ET1331G
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor ~2.7GHz
    Heatsink: (No clue)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Monitor Model: NEC LCD1850E
    Motherboard: (Not sure)
    Storage: 114.4 GB ST325031 0AS SCSI Disk Device ,
    114.1 GB ST325031 0AS SCSI Disk Device (yes 2) ,
    114.5 GB ST3120814A ATA Device

    Power Supply: (450W I believe, I have a brand new 700W that I haven't used yet still in it's box)
    Case: eMachines (Not sure what kind)

    *Please recommend upgrades and what not (I currently don't have money, but will most likely during the Holidays).*
    @Doc (Thank you Doc for the keyboard discussion, it helped a lot. Also, you know your shit so I am assuming you'd help).

  2. #2
    Domokun_index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,962
    Reputation
    336
    Thanks
    1,219
    because it's me. I'd upgrade the PSU to at least 600W so you won't have to worry about it later on.
    Definitely a GPU upgrade next.
    You'll get a heatsink with the CPU. Or get the Hyper 212.

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused
    I just got the GPU I have now a year ago D:

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    How much money do you think you'll get?

  5. #5
    Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    How much money do you think you'll get?
    No clue. But I know for sure nothing more than $200 Sadly...

  6. #6
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I need to know what socket the motherboard is. If it's socket AM3 then you're in some luck.

    Upgrade the CPU to this,

    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX - Newegg.com

    and upgrade the GPU to this

    HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

    Not bad for $230. Just start saving up $30 and you should be sweet.

  7. #7
    Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I need to know what socket the motherboard is. If it's socket AM3 then you're in some luck.

    Upgrade the CPU to this,

    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX - Newegg.com

    and upgrade the GPU to this

    HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

    Not bad for $230. Just start saving up $30 and you should be sweet.
    Isn't Nvidia better?

  8. #8
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaian13 View Post

    Isn't Nvidia better?
    Not for budget items.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

  10. #9
    Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Not for budget items.
    Therefore are you saying ATI is more cost-effective? O.o

  11. #10
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaian13 View Post

    Therefore are you saying ATI is more cost-effective? O.o
    For cheaper things, yes.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Elocrypt. (07-25-2013)

  13. #11
    kissofdiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lalaland, Planet Earth
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    399
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I need to know what socket the motherboard is. If it's socket AM3 then you're in some luck.

    Upgrade the CPU to this,

    AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX - Newegg.com

    and upgrade the GPU to this

    HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

    Not bad for $230. Just start saving up $30 and you should be sweet.
    I think the GTX 650 will be a better choice over the AMD 7770 card because I personally had the worst experiences with AMD Cards and i switched to NVIDIA after, AMD cards crash a lot well at least the ones i had


    THANKS MILESTONES
    100 THANKS - ACHIEVED
    150 THANKS - ACHIEVED
    200 THANKS - ACHIEVED
    250 THANKS - ACHIEVED
    300 THANKS - ACHIEVED

    350 THANKS - ACHIEVED
    400 THANKS - IN PROGRESS
    500 THANKS - IN PROGRESS


    MY COMPUTER SPECS

    CPU - i7-3770 3.4 GHz Quad-Core

    RAM - 16 GB Kingston Hyper X Fury RAM

    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M ATX

    Hard Drives - WD 1 TB HDD

    Video Card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC 2 GB

    Sound - No Sound Card

    Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit


    Case - Zalman Z11 Plus

  14. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by kissofdiss View Post
    I think the GTX 650 will be a better choice over the AMD 7770 card because I personally had the worst experiences with AMD Cards and i switched to NVIDIA after, AMD cards crash a lot well at least the ones i had
    The 7770 is a lot faster than the GTX 650, and the current drivers are pretty good.

  15. #13
    OwNAppLe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    United states of niggers
    Posts
    164
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by kissofdiss View Post
    I think the GTX 650 will be a better choice over the AMD 7770 card because I personally had the worst experiences with AMD Cards and i switched to NVIDIA after, AMD cards crash a lot well at least the ones i had
    I got Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ Edition OC 1GB GDDR5, and i am very happy with it!
    trust me, this card wroth being bought in my opinion it's cheap!.

    ---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Invis. View Post
    System Manufacturer: eMachines
    System Model: ET1331G
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor ~2.7GHz
    Heatsink: (No clue)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    Monitor Model: NEC LCD1850E
    Motherboard: (Not sure)
    Storage: 114.4 GB ST325031 0AS SCSI Disk Device ,
    114.1 GB ST325031 0AS SCSI Disk Device (yes 2) ,
    114.5 GB ST3120814A ATA Device

    Power Supply: (450W I believe, I have a brand new 700W that I haven't used yet still in it's box)
    Case: eMachines (Not sure what kind)

    *Please recommend upgrades and what not (I currently don't have money, but will most likely during the Holidays).* @Doc (Thank you Doc for the keyboard discussion, it helped a lot. Also, you know your shit so I am assuming you'd help).
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
    It's waste of money, you should have did researches about this card before you bought it!
    Low power, and not for gaming.

  16. #14
    Threadstarter
    Thinking is the Enemy of Creativity. It's Self-Conscious, & Anything Self-Conscious is Lousy.
    Premium Member
    Elocrypt.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    College.
    Posts
    2,986
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    277
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by OwNAppLe View Post
    I got Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHZ Edition OC 1GB GDDR5, and i am very happy with it!
    trust me, this card wroth being bought in my opinion it's cheap!.

    ---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------




    It's waste of money, you should have did researches about this card before you bought it!
    Low power, and not for gaming.
    My dad picked it out... xD

Similar Threads

  1. HOW-TO: Select parts for building, repairing, or upgrading a computer
    By Meeep in forum Computer Builds & Upgrades
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  2. My computer build
    By cfsharp in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 11:52 PM
  3. Upgrading New Computer :)
    By zatchbell3 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
  4. [ShowOff]Look over my computer build?
    By Lolland in forum Coders Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Tags for this Thread