Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused

    Need parts for Good Gaming PC

    I Still haven't bought the parts I want for my new PC since I don't even know which parts i should even get.
    Im on a budget of £500 (Around 800$)
    The parts I need Are the GPU, CPU, Mobo and Power supply
    Need something to play BF4 On ultra and Arma 3 On ultra
    Suggest parts to me and I will look at them!
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  2. #2
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    MSI Twin FrozR DRAGON GeForce GTX 760
    Intel 4670k
    MSI G45/G43
    Corsair Builder Series CX600M 80PLUS Bronze

    This should fit your build nicely

  3. #3
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post
    Intel 4670k
    Is that the i5 4670k?
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  4. #4
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    Is that the i5 4670k?
    yeah, you can pick it up for around £160 if you look in the right places

  5. #5
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post


    yeah, you can pick it up for around £160 if you look in the right places
    The place im probably going to buy from the parts are:
    Intel i5: £179.99
    MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr IV OC GAMING 2GB GDDR5: £200
    MSI Z87-G45 GAMING Intel Z87 Motherboard: £109.99
    Corsair Builder Series Modular CX600M - 600 Watt 80 PLUS: £62.77

    So its about £550
    Whats the place where you can get the i5 for £160?
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  6. #6
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    The place im probably going to buy from the parts are:
    Intel i5: £179.99
    MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr IV OC GAMING 2GB GDDR5: £200
    MSI Z87-G45 GAMING Intel Z87 Motherboard: £109.99
    Corsair Builder Series Modular CX600M - 600 Watt 80 PLUS: £62.77

    So its about £550
    Whats the place where you can get the i5 for £160?
    Well a better idea might be to switch out the G45 with a G43(£80) and get the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC AMD Graphics Card - 3GB (£221) and you can get the 4670k from Aria, the price does fluctuate though so when you see the 4670k on sale, grab it.

  7. #7
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post


    Well a better idea might be to switch out the G45 with a G43(£80) and get the Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC AMD Graphics Card - 3GB (£221) and you can get the 4670k from Aria, the price does fluctuate though so when you see the 4670k on sale, grab it.
    Do i still get a 600w power supply?
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  8. #8
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    Do i still get a 600w power supply?
    You could chance it with a 500w or 550w but it would be safer to go with a 600w PSU.

  9. #9
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post


    You could chance it with a 500w or 550w but it would be safer to go with a 600w PSU.
    Okay so I went on aria and its a bit cheaper to get the parts there

    5eaa448b39f7c4ee99ab7230ce02a460.png - Parts

    Also i was told if i get a new Motherboard or something i would need a new hard drive, is that true?
    Last edited by Harry; 10-27-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  10. #10
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    Okay so I went on aria and its a bit cheaper to get the parts there

    5eaa448b39f7c4ee99ab7230ce02a460.png - Parts

    Also i was told if i get a new Motherboard or something i would need a new hard drive, is that true?
    The thing about the Motherboard and hardrive thing is bullshit, you don't need to replace anything and those parts look good, if you need anyting else then just give me a shout

    Edit: I would change the PSU though, you REALLY should get an 80+ PSU.
    Last edited by BigScotiaBhoy; 10-27-2013 at 09:49 AM.

  11. #11
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post


    The thing about the Motherboard and hardrive thing is bullshit, you don't need to replace anything and those parts look good, if you need anyting else then just give me a shout

    Edit: I would change the PSU though, you REALLY should get an 80+ PSU.
    I might as well pay a extra £60 for the Corsair 600W 80 Plus PSU from a different place

    And also how much of a difference does an SSD Make because i might buy a good 120gb one
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  12. #12
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    I might as well pay a extra £60 for the Corsair 600W 80 Plus PSU from a different place

    And also how much of a difference does an SSD Make because i might buy a good 120gb one
    An SSD is a noticeable difference from a HDD in real world situations, an SSD is a very good addition to a build if your main focus is pure speed.

  13. #13
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    376
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScotiaBhoy View Post


    An SSD is a noticeable difference from a HDD in real world situations, an SSD is a very good addition to a build if your main focus is pure speed.
    Might get one, Do you know any good ones?
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k @3.4ghz/stock
    Motherboard: MSI G43 Z87
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked w/ACX Cooler
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB - 8GB Ripjaw & 8GB Pre Build PC Stuff

  14. #14
    Scotia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    boards.4chan.org/cm/
    Posts
    6,619
    Reputation
    1166
    Thanks
    1,720
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneminecraftman View Post
    Might get one, Do you know any good ones?
    If you can find one listed as RECERT AS NEW then get it, most of those SSD's have been refurbished my the company that makes them but they aren't allowed to be sold as new so the get a ton taken off the RRP. You can try some sites like Aria or Scan for some.

Similar Threads

  1. [Request] NEED HACK FOR THIS GAME Endless Online
    By ufcwired in forum Trainers and Cheats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 12:53 AM
  2. [WTT] Looking for Black ops 2 TRADING FOR GOOD GAMES
    By CallOfDuty202 in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 04:55 PM
  3. [Help] Need Players for my Game Mode
    By BulletReign in forum Call of Duty Black Ops Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 10:25 PM
  4. I need to find good games like Combat Arms
    By Mr.1337 in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 06:58 AM