Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    HeroicXPharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,444
    Reputation
    1140
    Thanks
    1,506

    Should I get this?

    I am saving up for a new gaming PC, and then I found this, I think it's a great one, and the price isn't so bad either
    Price : 429.99$
    Specifications :
    CPU Type: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955, 3215 MHz
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
    Ram : 8 GB ... 4x 2 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM
    VGA : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275
    Monitor: ViewSonic VX2240w [22" LCD]
    HDD WD 1 Tera Black edition
    power supply HEC 500 Watt
    Speakers : 4.1 Creative with Subwoofe
    Should I get it ?
    Former Mod
    January 15-October 15
    Don't goto college kids, it will ruin your lifee

    Please consider donating to help a poor paro

    MY ONLY SKYPE IS : XtremePenguinLord, ASK ME TO PM YOU BEFORE USING ME FOR ANY TRADE

  2. #2
    Drat148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    135
    Reputation
    29
    Thanks
    64
    My Mood
    In Love
    That GPU makes me want to skull-fuck a corpse in shame, but then again the whole rig is only $430, sooo not bad... I personally wouldn't if I could save up more, but if that's all you're gonna be able to get, might as well. Don't expect to run BF3 maxed or BF4 on medium...

  3. #3
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,012
    Reputation
    1207
    Thanks
    2,820
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I would say you would be better off with a next-gen console

    Minion Statistics

    Ex-Console Minion: 13/01/2011 ~ 19/04/2011
    Console Re-Minion: 14/06/2012 ~ 27/02/2013
    AVA Minion: 22/06/2012 ~ 12/11/2012
    Battlefield Minion: 04/02/2013 ~ 27/02/2013

    Computer Specifications
    Case: NZXT Phantom 820
    PSU: Corsair HX-850W V2
    Mobo: ASUS Z87-Deluxe
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
    CPU Cooling: Swiftech H220 All-In-One Liquid Cooler (Cooled by 2x Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Fans)
    RAM: Corsair Platinum Dominators CMD16GX3M2A2400C10 (2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz XMP)
    GFX: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB
    Monitor: LG 29EB93 29" Ultrawide LED IPS Panel (2560x1080)(29:1 Ratio)
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2012
    Keyboard: Ducky DK 9008G2 Cherry MX-Brown Mechanical Keyboard


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

    3kc (11-30-2013),Domokun_index (11-29-2013)

  5. #4
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,771
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired
    What are your current PC specifications? I have a pretty crappy PC and I am saving up money for new parts for it which makes it cheaper.
    At the moment I got:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645
    GPU: Radeon HD 7750 1GB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 10600
    Power Supply: 450W
    Monitor: 1280x1024 75Hz

    I'm saving money for:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: Radeon R9 280X 3GB
    RAM: Additional 8GB to make it 12.
    Power Supply: 600W
    Monitor: 1920x1080 120Hz

    And altogether It will cost me around $744. You could always get a bit cheaper graphics card because the one I want is one of the latest AMD and its around $300 which is 3/4 of your whole PC...

  6. #5
    3kc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    181
    Reputation
    103
    Thanks
    15
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post
    What are your current PC specifications? I have a pretty crappy PC and I am saving up money for new parts for it which makes it cheaper.
    At the moment I got:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645
    GPU: Radeon HD 7750 1GB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 10600
    Power Supply: 450W
    Monitor: 1280x1024 75Hz

    I'm saving money for:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: Radeon R9 280X 3GB
    RAM: Additional 8GB to make it 12.
    Power Supply: 600W
    Monitor: 1920x1080 120Hz

    And altogether It will cost me around $744. You could always get a bit cheaper graphics card because the one I want is one of the latest AMD and its around $300 which is 3/4 of your whole PC...
    that looks alright except for the fact that i wouldn't mix and match your ram like that. i love to hang around and help out on /r/techsupport and i've seen my fair share of problems with people who have strange ram numbers like 6 and 12gb. i would scratch the ram you have now and just go with a fresh set of kingston 4x2 1600Mhz. if you really wanna keep your current stick then get a duplicate.

  7. #6
    Twiixtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Twix Factory
    Posts
    1,771
    Reputation
    45
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kc View Post
    that looks alright except for the fact that i wouldn't mix and match your ram like that. i love to hang around and help out on /r/techsupport and i've seen my fair share of problems with people who have strange ram numbers like 6 and 12gb. i would scratch the ram you have now and just go with a fresh set of kingston 4x2 1600Mhz. if you really wanna keep your current stick then get a duplicate.
    Why shouldn't I mix and match ram like that? I found on Amazon the exact same 4GB stick as the one I have and I wanted to buy two of those to add on to my already existing 4GB. I know getting a fresh set would be better but I wanna use up least amount of money plausible.

  8. #7
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoN07 View Post
    Why shouldn't I mix and match ram like that? I found on Amazon the exact same 4GB stick as the one I have and I wanted to buy two of those to add on to my already existing 4GB. I know getting a fresh set would be better but I wanna use up least amount of money plausible.
    As long as the serial numbers match up you should be fine.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Twiixtor (11-30-2013)

Similar Threads

  1. should he get banned for this or..?
    By horbarn in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
  2. What laptop should I get this christmas?
    By Color in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM
  3. What Fps Should I get Instead Of this PC Info. [ Pics ]
    By shefoalaao in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
  4. Should I get this mouse?
    By Son in forum General
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 05:44 PM
  5. Should I Get This
    By Insomniac in forum General
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 07:36 PM